StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500)

Can anyone here do a muscle-up?

I would like to eventually be able to. (Doubt I could do it right now.)

What did you do to learn how to do it and how long did it take before you could do one?

Also what were your other lifts like weight wise at the time?

nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StankyDrawz View Post
    I would like to eventually be able to. (Doubt I could do it right now.)

What did you do to learn how to do it and how long did it take before you could do one?

Also what were your other lifts like weight wise at the time?
    I can. I never got to try to do them at my gym cause my gym doens't have a real bar for pullups. But was at this event once with friends last summer where there was a bar and one of them asked if I could do one so I tried for the first time and got 6. But I dont' usually do them since I dont' have any place to do them on.

So I never specifically trained for a muscle up but I can guess what helps for them. Gotta to be good on pullups. Not the half ROM pullups that 99% of people do, but you need to be able to have power to pull your body up as high as you can go. With bodyweight pullups I can pull the bar to my chest, and bodyweight chinups I can pull the bar to my upper stomach. I do mostly weighted pullups though.

And I also do weighted dips too. That should make it easy to push your body up once you do the pulling part.

I think at first, when learning, you can swing your body to kip a little to make it easier ala crossfit style. But as you get stronger, you don't need to swing.
    My vids
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nykwan1/videos

cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cparrott133 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it's all about body placement and efficiency. start by learning how to do kipping pullups, the movement is done by pushing your chest out, feet back in a swinging manner, then close your body in whats called a hollow position and pull the bar to your hips with you legs straightened and abs flexed. work on ab strength and shoulder mobility for better technique.

magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm going to try to see if I can do one soon
    East Coast Mecca
    http://bevfrancis.com/

StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500)
    Me too... I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be tho. lol

Another question... Does it matter if the bar is knurled. It looks like it does by the videos I'm watching.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StankyDrawz View Post
    Another question... Does it matter if the bar is knurled. It looks like it does by the videos I'm watching.
    It doesn't matter if the bar is actually 2 rings on ropes. Get your ass up above the bar. If your hands are hurting then grip the bar higher in the hand to make the dip transition easier.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.