UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Help me design a hypertrophy program. Will rep!

Size is one of my biggest aims to achieve in this lifting game. I'm currently doing a routine with 1x5 and 3x5 reps for most of the exercises. I've only been aware that doing this amount of reps and sets are not optimal for mass, but more as a strength builder. I lift on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so I'm looking to replace my Friday workout with a hypertrophy routine. My current routine :

Monday
    Deadlifts 1x5
    Push Press 3x5
    Floor Press 3x8

Wednesday
    Power Clean 3x5
    Overhead Press 3x5
    Barbell Rows 3x5

Friday
    Deadlifts 1x5
    Overhead Press 3x5
    Push Ups x25
    Bicep Curl 3x5

Reason I do floor presses and weighted push ups : I workout at home, no bench for me.

Therefore, I need help designing a one-day hypertrophy program. Heck, the only thu I know about HT is that the rep range should be around 8-12.
    Currently, I only have a barbell to work with, so as I said before, no benches. A more arm-related workout would be great. I have skinny arms, rest of my body is kinda fat-ish.

Thanks for all the help.
    Rep all those that helped.

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by UnitedRampage View Post
    Size is one of my biggest aims to achieve in this lifting game. I'm currently doing a routine with 1x5 and 3x5 reps for most of the exercises. I've only been aware that doing this amount of reps and sets are not optimal for mass, but more as a strength builder. I lift on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so I'm looking to replace my Friday workout with a hypertrophy routine. My current routine :

Monday
    Deadlifts 1x5
    Push Press 3x5
    Floor Press 3x8

Wednesday
    Power Clean 3x5
    Overhead Press 3x5
    Barbell Rows 3x5

Friday
    Deadlifts 1x5
    Overhead Press 3x5
    Push Ups x25
    Bicep Curl 3x5

Reason I do floor presses and weighted push ups : I workout at home, no bench for me.

Therefore, I need help designing a one-day hypertrophy program. Heck, the only thu I know about HT is that the rep range should be around 8-12.
    Currently, I only have a barbell to work with, so as I said before, no benches. A more arm-related workout would be great. I have skinny arms, rest of my body is kinda fat-ish.

Thanks for all the help.
    Rep all those that helped.
    Why not try an established program like HST?

UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnitedRampage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by orangegoblin View Post
    Why not try an established program like HST?
    I did check it out but it calls for a 3 day per week workout whereas I'm looking for a once a week workout. I don't want to sacrifice my strength training for this yet.

Perhaps this :
    Military Press 3x8
    Overhead Tricep Extensions 3x8
    Bicep Curls 3x8
    Standing Calf Raises 3x8
    Floor Press 3x8

Looks solid?

Have decided on this :
    Military Presses 4x8
    Bicep Curl 4x8
    Bent over Barbell Rows 4x8
    Floor Press 4x8
    Standing Calf Raises 4x8

Any more advice on Hypertrophy more be great.

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I missed that part about only going one day. So, you are adding a hypertrophy day into your current routine?

You mentioned arms...maybe add a tricep movement, since that is where most of your arm mass comes from.Try weighted dips or CGBP. If it were me, I wouldn't lock into one rep count. Maybe mix up a range of 6-12.

tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tzalma1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what are your lifts on the big three?? i only ask this because at 5'10'' 150 im going to assume you're a beginner and offer this advice. at this stage of the game a good strength routine will lead to size being added. if nothing else if you could tailor all pro's beginner routine to the equipment you have available id suggest that....my 0.02.