MrBananaHead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation AC injury =( (right shoulder)

Hello guys.. I'm really new to this sort of stuff, forums and things so feel free to tell me if i'm posting this on the wrong place.
    Anyway, recently (bout 6 months ago) I got a type 2 Ac separation and my doctor just gave me a cortisone shot or something i don't really remember, it included- i forgot the term for it :P but it something to numb the pain for a few hours.
    And after getting it, i took like 3 weeks - 4 weeks off and the shoulder felt perfect ( I know it felt like it was but it takes time for a shoulder injury to recover fully) and started with low weights n got back my strength.

Now it kind of hurts again when I stretch it bit too much, the pain isn't that bad at all but it is there. And also the front part of my shoulder is hurting a bit too, i think its the rotator cuff but when I tried to find the trigger points to clarify that it is the rotator cuff such as doing a light weight rotator cuff exercise and see if it'd hurt and it didn't. I can do shoulder presses with medium weight and no pain at all, actually i was doing my chest workout yesterday and was doing dips with 20kg plate added on me (im 165lbs/75kg) for 8 reps and I felt no pain at all, but when i jumped into benching afterwards.. it felt like a knife is stabbing me on the shoulder and my form is great by the way, but when i push my shoulder blades together to eliminate (felt like 80%) of the load of my shoulders it didnt hurt , sounds like im contradicting myself but i have to exaggerate the squeeze on my back that kind of distract me. I tried to use the 25kg dumbbells and my goodness i regret even trying it out the balancing was a bit of a challenge and I could sort of feel it on my AC and front shoulder so I just stopped and went home disappointed not being able to push on again. Oh and also before I forget it also hurt like a fruit cake on my front when i tried to do tricep pushdowns using d rope. so basically the trigger points are Heavy bench/Dumbbell press, tricep pushdowns. =/ doesnt make sense to me since i can do dips no bother.. i only bench 60kg btw im pretty weak on the upper body but im working on it- well was working on it, and I can do chest dips with 20kg added on me. =( Can any one tell me what the hell is wrong with my front shoulders? and how long do u think it'll take to subside, I'm planning on just doing leg workouts 1s a week till I recover 100%.

I'm also afraid of losing muscle mass on my upperbody if i took too long to recover, im not too worried about strength and I know strength will decrease a lot faster. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST =( im just desperate Im pumped to achieve my goals but this shoulder is dragging me down

Anyone? :P

Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's a link to injuries in the "teen bodybuilding" if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry to hear about your injury.

Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollow193 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hollow193 View Post
    There's a link to injuries in the "teen bodybuilding" if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry to hear about your injury.
    Yep the sticky is at the top of this section

cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000) cnatboy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrBananaHead View Post
    Hello guys.. I'm really new to this sort of stuff, forums and things so feel free to tell me if i'm posting this on the wrong place.
    Anyway, recently (bout 6 months ago) I got a type 2 Ac separation and my doctor just gave me a cortisone shot or something i don't really remember, it included- i forgot the term for it :P but it something to numb the pain for a few hours.
    And after getting it, i took like 3 weeks - 4 weeks off and the shoulder felt perfect ( I know it felt like it was but it takes time for a shoulder injury to recover fully) and started with low weights n got back my strength.

Now it kind of hurts again when I stretch it bit too much, the pain isn't that bad at all but it is there. And also the front part of my shoulder is hurting a bit too, i think its the rotator cuff but when I tried to find the trigger points to clarify that it is the rotator cuff such as doing a light weight rotator cuff exercise and see if it'd hurt and it didn't. I can do shoulder presses with medium weight and no pain at all, actually i was doing my chest workout yesterday and was doing dips with 20kg plate added on me (im 165lbs/75kg) for 8 reps and I felt no pain at all, but when i jumped into benching afterwards.. it felt like a knife is stabbing me on the shoulder and my form is great by the way, but when i push my shoulder blades together to eliminate (felt like 80%) of the load of my shoulders it didnt hurt , sounds like im contradicting myself but i have to exaggerate the squeeze on my back that kind of distract me. I tried to use the 25kg dumbbells and my goodness i regret even trying it out the balancing was a bit of a challenge and I could sort of feel it on my AC and front shoulder so I just stopped and went home disappointed not being able to push on again. Oh and also before I forget it also hurt like a fruit cake on my front when i tried to do tricep pushdowns using d rope. so basically the trigger points are Heavy bench/Dumbbell press, tricep pushdowns. =/ doesnt make sense to me since i can do dips no bother.. i only bench 60kg btw im pretty weak on the upper body but im working on it- well was working on it, and I can do chest dips with 20kg added on me. =( Can any one tell me what the hell is wrong with my front shoulders? and how long do u think it'll take to subside, I'm planning on just doing leg workouts 1s a week till I recover 100%.

I'm also afraid of losing muscle mass on my upperbody if i took too long to recover, im not too worried about strength and I know strength will decrease a lot faster. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST =( im just desperate Im pumped to achieve my goals but this shoulder is dragging me down
    Going to reply with my own experience. I actually have a Grade 3 AC separation from going way too deep on a dip one rep and fuarking my left shoulder up. After it happened I could still do most lifts, except dips felt like hell, and flat BB bench press was pretty painful.

Went to doc, got X-rays, he confirmed it was Grade 3 (barely more than 2), said I had slight arthritis in the shoulder, but basically my options were either to try to work through it and see if I could manage the pain, or have surgery. So I decided to go with the first option, and tried to work through it.

One semester at school I was crammed and couldn't lift, so I stopped going to the gym. Shoulder would be aching all the time, throbbing at night just sitting there doing HW, etc. Then I started hitting the gym again and lifting actually seemed to keep the joint more loosened up, still felt a little pain during flat BB bench, stopped dips completely, but no pain when not lifting.

Looked up form on BB bench, previous I had my back flat on the bench, and it put a ton of strain on my shoulder. Learned to squeeze shoulder blades together before starting the set, after doing that the pain was almost none. Have been lifting ever since, and that was about a year and a half ago. Consistently lifting, I believe, has helped to keep my AC joint loose and mobile. Benching with that new form that takes away the shoulder pressure solved it for me, and gradually after lifting more and more the pain faded away. Today I'd say the pain while doing flat BB bench is maybe 1.5/10 at most, whereas before it was probably 6/10 with bad form shortly after the injury.

Injury occurred ~2 years ago btw... pain was almost completely negligible after about a month of lifting with proper form, shoulders blades tucked close together. Just my experience, but I'm no doctor. Strangely, I never experienced any pain at all doing shoulder press, only BB benching movements.
    +++ God Mode Crew +++
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦

Originally Posted by cnatboy View Post
    Going to reply with my own experience. I actually have a Grade 3 AC separation from going way too deep on a dip one rep and fuarking my left shoulder up. After it happened I could still do most lifts, except dips felt like hell, and flat BB bench press was pretty painful.

Went to doc, got X-rays, he confirmed it was Grade 3 (barely more than 2), said I had slight arthritis in the shoulder, but basically my options were either to try to work through it and see if I could manage the pain, or have surgery. So I decided to go with the first option, and tried to work through it.

One semester at school I was crammed and couldn't lift, so I stopped going to the gym. Shoulder would be aching all the time, throbbing at night just sitting there doing HW, etc. Then I started hitting the gym again and lifting actually seemed to keep the joint more loosened up, still felt a little pain during flat BB bench, stopped dips completely, but no pain when not lifting.

Looked up form on BB bench, previous I had my back flat on the bench, and it put a ton of strain on my shoulder. Learned to squeeze shoulder blades together before starting the set, after doing that the pain was almost none. Have been lifting ever since, and that was about a year and a half ago. Consistently lifting, I believe, has helped to keep my AC joint loose and mobile. Benching with that new form that takes away the shoulder pressure solved it for me, and gradually after lifting more and more the pain faded away. Today I'd say the pain while doing flat BB bench is maybe 1.5/10 at most, whereas before it was probably 6/10 with bad form shortly after the injury.

Injury occurred ~2 years ago btw... pain was almost completely negligible after about a month of lifting with proper form, shoulders blades tucked close together. Just my experience, but I'm no doctor. Strangely, I never experienced any pain at all doing shoulder press, only BB benching movements.
    Oh, sorry I only seen this reply today! Thanks for sharing
    I noticed that too and fixed my form into that! and it really helped actually, I could go heavy with little to no pain with all d exercises.
    The problem I am having now is a little weird, It is when i stand up or sit down and keep my back straight, chest bit out and let my right shoulder relax and hang like a normal shoulder.. But there's this pain by the ac and it feels like its being stretched/pulled down. When I put pressure on it like pressing it with my finger it only hurts when my shoulder is in a certain angle. I don't think its d ac anymore. I've had this for quite sometime but it seems like the initial injury on my AC covered this and I didn't notice. I could go heavy on every exercises with almost no pain but letting my arm hang down is quite painful; out of 10 the pain is bout 3 its not too bad but it is there and I have to reposition my shoulder whenever i feel it.
    I am getting scan soon and hopefully its not a rotator tear or anything