Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ironmaster IM2000 setup pictures/mini review

Just picked up an Ironmaster IM2000 self spotting system for our xmas gift.

Ironmasters has always put out great products I have their adjustable dumbbless and have dropped them countless times with zero issues, their super bench is awesome and all the attachments are well built and work just as expected.

I ordered the IM2000 late Thursday night, it was shipped Friday and showed up Wednesday. Talk about fast processing and shipping!

The IM2000 came in 3 boxes, I also picked up a few attachments so in total I had 6 boxes for a total of 364lbs

Ironmaster does one hell of a job on packing, everything was so well packed. It took me twice as long to unpack everything then I had expected since it was so well packed! zero scratches on anything, everything came out perfectly!

Putting it together was rather easy, however I did have one misstep of installing the guide rails upside down so I had to back track a bit to fix that. Other then that it was pretty straight forward. You can see in the pictures where I have it highlighted. Note the top should have less holes then the bottom. Ooppps.

Over all the IM2000 system is very compact! The bar is 73" wide and the frame is 48"x48" and 84.5" tall

Operation of the unit is very smooth and super quiet!

Only things I dislike so far is, the bottom has a swing out attachment for the lower pully system and pads for your feet for using the upper or lower pully system. It can slightly tricky to get the holes to line up for the pen to go in to lock it into place. Not bad, but you do have to mess with it.

The top pully line doesn't seem to have a place to go so I just kind of hang it over the back side of the frame.

Over all I'm highly impressed with it, it is everything I would expect from Ironmaster

jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffie7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nice review and pics. repped.

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nice... Ill assume you got the big discount that is going on till like the 13th I think...

I am about to put in my order for the superbench and some attachments and get only 5% off... but its Ironmaster so Ill take what I can get and be happy....

have to make some videos of it in action.... and watch opening that door...dont wanna ding it...

Originally Posted by ira_est_a_donum View Post
    nice... Ill assume you got the big discount that is going on till like the 13th I think...

I am about to put in my order for the superbench and some attachments and get only 5% off... but its Ironmaster so Ill take what I can get and be happy....

have to make some videos of it in action.... and watch opening that door...dont wanna ding it...
    Its pulled forward enough so the door doesnt have a clearance issue.

yeah I think I got 7% off if I remember correctly.

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice pics.

ive been eyeing that machine for quite some time. i do primarily dumbbell work, so no longer have my power rack, but the IM2000 in combo with dumbbells would be great to have. i messed with one at the store in detroit and it is very smooth and solid. the great thing is how incredibly space efficient it is.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxghost will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol @ first pic. the ironmaster is already getting OP some pussy!

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very nice review. All the pics add a great dimension. Repped.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks nice review. Reminds of the day I received mine it was in late July and after these months I am still very satisfied with my IM2000. I am sure you will enjoy working out at home like I do. I wish I did this long time back.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like its small footprint, but don't exercises just feel different when forced to use strict vertical movement on a track?

I fantasize about a unit similar to this but incorporating shermworks style ropes, so you could use your own barbell and dumbbells and have normal non restrictive movement, but still be safe. A really compact (maybe even fold-away/put in closet), solid, self standing unit that doesn't require you to drill into the ceiling or add on to a full power rack..

Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That is looking very nice!
    Great pictures/review

Originally Posted by jormone View Post
    I like its small footprint, but don't exercises just feel different when forced to use strict vertical movement on a track?
    Yes and no, if all I did was use the smith part of it, then yes, however that's not what it's for. it's about having a mix. I really enjoy doing dumbbell bench presses, as with dumbbell military presses, however I don't enjoy doing dumbbell *insert anything* to failure due to it not being safe when working out alone. It's all about mixing things up using both the IM2000 system as with free weights.

Last night I worked chest, I did 5 sets of bench presses, then did 4 sets of dumbbell flys, 4 sets of cable cross overs, and 4 sets of dips.

Over all I'd say it was a nice workout.

m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jeffie7 View Post

Last night I worked chest, I did 5 sets of bench presses, then did 4 sets of dumbbell flys, 4 sets of cable cross overs, and 4 sets of dips.
    Did you do cable cross overs using IM2000? is it possible?

Thanks

Originally Posted by m6305 View Post
    Did you do cable cross overs using IM2000? is it possible?

Thanks
    Sorta =) I used the longer cable on the low side and got on my knees and did one arm cable crosses. Then turned around and did the other arm.

It worked rather well. Would be nice if IM adds a middle cable attachment at some point. Then I could stand.

Sorta =) I used the longer cable on the low side and got on my knees and did one arm cable crosses. Then turned around and did the other arm.

It worked rather well. Would be nice if IM adds a middle cable attachment at some point. Then I could stand.
    Its interesting. Do you mean you used the lower pulley? why you didnt use the top pulley while standing?

Let me go and try them both

Be back with my take on this soon

InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InsanityGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its interesting. Do you mean you used the lower pulley? why you didnt use the top pulley while standing?

very nice equipment, i have een looking at this vs the bowflex for a while, cant make up my mind :/

Just tried the cable cross both way 1) sitting on my knees using the lower pulley and 2) standing using the upper pulley. Obviously I did these using only one hand at the time. I found while standing I have a better control, the sitting was awkward. I wish Ironmaster had put a couple of pulleys on the top so that we could use the proper cable crossover with IM2000. Another addition would be to make the bar a bit lighter than what it is now so that we also could do some light weights. I mean for example I can not do one hand cable raise cause the bar is heavier than what I can do :/

Anyways even with these small deficiencies I still think IM2000 is the best home gym equipment considering its footprint and I am more than happy with it

I'm not tall enough, when using the top pully I was pulling down from my 3 o clock to my 8 o clock.

Getting on my knees made it so I could pull from my 3 o clock to 9 o clock.

I also did some reps with my arm at a right angle like a hook punch and just pulled it across the chest. felt GREAT!

Originally Posted by InsanityGuy View Post
    very nice equipment, i have een looking at this vs the bowflex for a while, cant make up my mind :/
    Blowflex hands down! If I had the money for their full blown setup I would have jumped on it.

Just tried the cable cross both way 1) sitting on my knees using the lower pulley and 2) standing using the upper pulley. Obviously I did these using only one hand at the time. I found while standing I have a better control, the sitting was awkward. I wish Ironmaster had put a couple of pulleys on the top so that we could use the proper cable crossover with IM2000. Another addition would be to make the bar a bit lighter than what it is now so that we also could do some light weights. I mean for example I can not do one hand cable raise cause the bar is heavier than what I can do :/

Anyways even with these small deficiencies I still think IM2000 is the best home gym equipment considering its footprint and I am more than happy with it
    Here's a thought for you. Find a way to hang a 5 or 10 lb weight on the cable where the extension cable attaches, then you could use the lower pully with a 5/10lb lighter bar.

Here's a thought for you. Find a way to hang a 5 or 10 lb weight on the cable where the extension cable attaches, then you could use the lower pully with a 5/10lb lighter bar.
    Good idea I will try this.

I just picked up another clip from lowes just like what comes with the IM2000 pully system. However it wont fit around my weights, I'm going to have to buy the climbing clips.

One clip on the top side of the weight and one clip on the bottom side of the weight, it shouldn't cause any addition stress on the line since there will be no friction between the weight and the line.

Should work out well for my wife doing preacher curls.

10lb weight added will make the bar 26lbs, only problem is I cant see the clip holding more then 10lbs maybe a 10lb and a 5lb plate taking it down to 21lbs total. Or I could take some rope or cable and loop it around each handle on a 25lb plate and clip it into place, that would make it 11lbs.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Nice write-up; nice pictures too! Hope you can answer a few questions I have...

How wide is your room in which you've placed the IM2000? How easy (or hard) is it to get past the machine when walking to that door on the left?

If you place the bar at the top most position, how high is it off the floor? (I want to know if someone could walk under it without hitting their head.)

Thanks! - I'm trying to decide if I have enough space for such a machine.

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Nice write-up; nice pictures too! Hope you can answer a few questions I have...

How wide is your room in which you've placed the IM2000? How easy (or hard) is it to get past the machine when walking to that door on the left?

If you place the bar at the top most position, how high is it off the floor? (I want to know if someone could walk under it without hitting their head.)

Thanks! - I'm trying to decide if I have enough space for such a machine.

The room is 9 feet wide.

There's 14 inches between the end of the bar and the wall. I haven't hit it yet.

There's 22 inches between the other side and the wall, I have more room there since there's an entry door into the house there.

There's 6 feet and 1 inch between the floor and the bottom of the bar if it's at the highest position.

Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shoua has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good review.

It's always nice to see close-up shots (No pun intended).

nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice rack

Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
    Nice rack
    Thanks, I get it from my wife.

-_-