Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

barbell rows and cable rows in same workout, too much or okay?

title...

Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    theyre two totally different exercises, why would doing both be a problem
    Wannabe Powerlifter
    Certified Donut Eater
    Indiana University Pride

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thats fine
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Youll be fine.
    Bench: 235
    Squat: 365
    Deadlift: 425

Log V2.0: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150736853

egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Sohale31 View Post
    dont they both hit the middle back but from a different angle? and just not sure if its tooo much volume?

Originally Posted by FeelTheFear View Post
    thats fine
    my back and biceps workout will end with 18 sets, sure its not too much?
    i know only i will be able to tell, but i just don't wanna go overboard and overtrain

Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohale31 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by egyptianboyer View Post
    dont they both hit the middle back but from a different angle? and just not sure if its tooo much volume?
    yes they both target the back, however by that logic you shouldnt do more than one variation of a Bench Press on a given day. youre back is a large muscle group, it needs a lot of volume anyway
    Wannabe Powerlifter
    Certified Donut Eater
    Indiana University Pride

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol what
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

lol what
    ? they are two different exercises. even though they target the same muscle group, doing both the same day isnt a problem at all. in fact i did them both today
    Wannabe Powerlifter
    Certified Donut Eater
    Indiana University Pride

yes they both target the back, however by that logic you shouldnt do more than one variation of a Bench Press on a given day. youre back is a large muscle group, it needs a lot of volume anyway
    Oh i get it, didn't think of it that way. well should I do it for like a month and see how it goes? then adjust accordingly after that
    ( in this for the results)

Oh i get it, didn't think of it that way. well should I do it for like a month and see how it goes? then adjust accordingly after that
    ( in this for the results)
    whats your routine like?
    Wannabe Powerlifter
    Certified Donut Eater
    Indiana University Pride

whats your routine like?
    for back? i already made my mind up on this decision though, and only changing it cause my back is lagging

whats your routine like?
    dead lift ( 3 sets ) of 8-12 reps
    seated rows ( 3 sets ) of 8-12 reps
    lat pull downs ( 3 sets ) of 8-12 reps
    then i do my bicep work

the only adjustment im making is lowering my reps by 2 and most likely add the bb rows

for back? i already made my mind up on this decision though, and only changing it cause my back is lagging
    no throughout the whole week, not just back. no sense tweaking youre back routine for better gains if your overall routine is schitt.
    Wannabe Powerlifter
    Certified Donut Eater
    Indiana University Pride

no throughout the whole week, not just back. no sense tweaking youre back routine for better gains if your overall routine is schitt.
    ill put it on here if you really want, but no point in changing a routine if its still working for me, despite the science or bro science

? they are two different exercises. even though they target the same muscle group, doing both the same day isnt a problem at all. in fact i did them both today
    they do basically the same thing, not "totally different". But doing them both on the same day is fine

they do basically the same thing, not "totally different". But doing them both on the same day is fine
    k then ill incorporate the adjustments and see how it goes for 1 month

but can you name a purpose/reasoning on why doing both movements to hit almost the same muscle in a workout would be beneficial and not counter productive?

doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IMO, both are great. I incorporate them in my back routine all the time. The only thing that I change up is my grip (overhand, underhand, staggered, or neutral). A lot of emphasis changes just through using various grips.

but can you name a purpose/reasoning on why doing both movements to hit almost the same muscle in a workout would be beneficial and not counter productive?
    No. Personally I like to reduce number of exercises and increase sets per exercise. Some people prefer to do more exercises and if that helps them not be bored then so be it.

No. Personally I like to reduce number of exercises and increase sets per exercise. Some people prefer to do more exercises and if that helps them not be bored then so be it.
    ahh i see. but can't I just do like 4 sets of barbell rows or even just 3 ? instead of doing both movements in the workout

Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    youll be fine......

I do bb rows, pullups, cable row, and pulldowns all in the same workout

Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzan09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why would you the same exercise twice in your workout..If you want a bigger back focus more on traps,rear delts and lats.Bb row and cable row are just for the thickness

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You should have 2 vertical and 2 horizontal pulling movements for back IMO anyway. It's s big muscle, it needs adequate volume
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dzan09 View Post
    why would you the same exercise twice in your workout..If you want a bigger back focus more on traps,rear delts and lats.Bb row and cable row are just for the thickness
    lolwat
    Bench: 235
    Squat: 365
    Deadlift: 425

Log V2.0: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150736853

Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    You should have 2 vertical and 2 horizontal pulling movements for back IMO anyway. It's s big muscle, it needs adequate volume
    ill do it for a month to see how it goes, but your sure 18 sets in total for back and biceps is too much? by the end of the workout

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ill do it for a month to see how it goes, but your sure 18 sets in total for back and biceps is too much? by the end of the workout
    18 sets of back and 18 sets of biceps or 18 sets of back with biceps?

The latter is no problem.
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    18 sets of back and 18 sets of biceps or 18 sets of back with biceps?

The latter is no problem.
    18 sets with both biceps and back. too much or okay?

petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    why is deadlifts 12 reps? cut that down

royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah thats fine. I usually do BB rows with heavy weight 3x5 then do cable rows as accessory work 3x10-12
    Currently on a cut.
    Starting Weight: 180
    Goal 9-10%

Best Lifts Last updated: 02/10/13

Bench: 235 1x1 *while cutting
    Deadlift: 335 1x1 *while cutting
    Squat: 265 1x2
    Military Press: 135 1x3
    Barbell Row: 205 1x5

Follow me on twitter @kevinmkoehler