alex2293 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hitting a plateau after 48 pounds lost

Hey guys,
    I've been mostly reading the stickies and reading other interesting threads since a few months. In 2012, I'va gone from 238 to 190 pounds at 6 foot 1, 19 years old.
    I've lost that fat by counting calories, with myfitnesspal, going to the gym and running.
    But I think that I've hit a plateau. I'm almost not losing weight since a month.
    I know that fat loss come from a calorie deficit, but right now I eat about 2000 calories per day, but I'm hungry if I go lower that. Except training more, what can I do?

Eating food that have less calorie per gram so I can eat more and feel full?
    What do you do when you hit a plateau?

Thanks.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was about that weight when i had a plateau.

This sounds stupid. but go out and pig out on high carb stuff. and weigh yourself out again.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html
    I can confirm this from personal experience

atoy_rulezzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All u have to do is double the size of your calories intake. Eat all you can for few days. Change your workout instead of doing cardio try weight lifting. Your body is immune to your workout. You brains know what are you doing already. So change your daily routine. You gonna do this 3-4 days then change back to your normal diet and workout. Hope this will help.

Well, I forgot to say something important about that.
    During Christmas time, I've probably double the size of my calorie intake, I came back to my normal diet since 2-3 week. I'll follow my diet for 2 more weeks, and if it stay the same, I'll refeed during a few days.

I hope it will get warmer in Quebec, it's around -15F these days, so I don't run as much as I would like to.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Follow your diet for another two 2 weeks. If there are no changes then you need to go on a diet break:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovtKufjyLbM

Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zzechmann33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alex2293 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've been mostly reading the stickies and reading other interesting threads since a few months. In 2012, I'va gone from 238 to 190 pounds at 6 foot 1, 19 years old.
    I've lost that fat by counting calories, with myfitnesspal, going to the gym and running.
    But I think that I've hit a plateau. I'm almost not losing weight since a month.
    I know that fat loss come from a calorie deficit, but right now I eat about 2000 calories per day, but I'm hungry if I go lower that. Except training more, what can I do?

Eating food that have less calorie per gram so I can eat more and feel full?
    What do you do when you hit a plateau?

Thanks.
    We have very similar stats...I started out at 240 pounds and currently weigh 190 trying to cut. Are you lifting weights? If not, you should start ASAP otherwise when you do end up losing more weight you will just look skinnyfat with no muscle tone...Honestly, cardio isn't even necessary when trying to lose weight/fat, its just good for heart health and to eliminate some calories if you go over your daily limit. Lifting heavy and diet are the most important factors.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I started at around 270, lost steady to about 195, hung there a few weeks, then dropped to 190 slow, hung there, then dropped to 185 VERY slow. I've been more or less hung at 184/185 for weeks.

currently employing a diet break philosphy and just starting week 2. see the metabolic slowdown thread stickied here, and the JasonDB thread and watch the diet break videos. using this strategy more or less. I am loging the results in the metabolic slowdown thread also.

I ALSO stopped losing at 185 eating 2,000 calories per week. First week I ate at 2,300 and didn't gain a pound, if anything lost a fraction of another pound. gonna push it up 100/day each week for as long as I can.
    Stern Crew

Yeah I'm lifting weight twic a week minimum, three times most of the weeks. I'll try to lift weight harder and more often. I do cardio not only to burn some calories, but mostly to get good heart health. I'm looking to run a half-marathon soon. Running is my basic workout, weight lifting is complementary.

Well, the weight is dropping again, about a pound per week. I think that sometimes it is good to take a break, and to count calories as accurately as possible. I'm at 184 now.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alex2293 View Post
    Well, the weight is dropping again, about a pound per week. I think that sometimes it is good to take a break, and to count calories as accurately as possible. I'm at 184 now.
    Bingo.