maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maguirre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Sharp shoulder pain while DB pressing

Hi all,
    Couple of weeks ago while incline pressing with DB's with bout 80% of my 1RM I left pain on my right shoulder during the negative portion of the lift. I'm Lefty so it was my weaker shoulder that I felt pain on. It wasn't excruciating, it was on the top of my shoulder... Not internal. But it was enough that I had to stop pressing. I dropped the weight down by 10lbs and I didn't feel the pain anymore. I thought I might need RC work so I've doing RC exercises for the last couple of weeks avoiding the the incline press. Note that I didn't feel any pain during any other exercise or outside the gym.
    This week I was doing seated DB presses with bout 80% of my 1RM when again I felt the same sharp pain on the top of my right shoulder and I had to stop... It doesn't bother me in any other exercise, even dips.... I did noticed while curling with a straight barbell in my heavy sets in front of a mirrow that right shoulder kinda shifts forward when curling up the bar.. Its definitely some kind of weakness... But I don't know what it is.
    I think my shoulder might be impinged but I'm not sure. It doesn't hurt now... Feels a little sore so I've been rubbing ice/hot..
    Sorry for the long post...

Any advise please... It will be appreciated... Thanks

Maguirre

some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10) some1withguns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can you do front shoulder raises without pain?

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Start warming up your RC. Deload your weight. Check your form.
    USMC.
    "If there’s no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm."

Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000) Daniel0636 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by maguirre View Post
    Hi all,
    Couple of weeks ago while incline pressing with DB's with bout 80% of my 1RM I left pain on my right shoulder during the negative portion of the lift. I'm Lefty so it was my weaker shoulder that I felt pain on. It wasn't excruciating, it was on the top of my shoulder... Not internal. But it was enough that I had to stop pressing. I dropped the weight down by 10lbs and I didn't feel the pain anymore. I thought I might need RC work so I've doing RC exercises for the last couple of weeks avoiding the the incline press. Note that I didn't feel any pain during any other exercise or outside the gym.
    This week I was doing seated DB presses with bout 80% of my 1RM when again I felt the same sharp pain on the top of my right shoulder and I had to stop... It doesn't bother me in any other exercise, even dips.... I did noticed while curling with a straight barbell in my heavy sets in front of a mirrow that right shoulder kinda shifts forward when curling up the bar.. Its definitely some kind of weakness... But I don't know what it is.
    I think my shoulder might be impinged but I'm not sure. It doesn't hurt now... Feels a little sore so I've been rubbing ice/hot..
    Sorry for the long post...

Any advise please... It will be appreciated... Thanks

Maguirre
    I get a very similar thing when I do either shoulder press or upright rows, I never get any pain with any other exercises. I've just started doing incline press and then front raises to hit my front delts along with side raises and reverse flys to hit the rest of my shoulder and and I'm still seeing good growth from that without any shoulder press. Although I'm hoping eventually I can do shoulder press again, maybe in a few months.