stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Blended Protein and Pre Workout

Hi All,

New to the site and looking for some information to help. I am over weight and starting to get back into shape.

Speaking to a friend about supplements and what not, he was saying to look for a shake/protein that is blended, and a pre work out supplement. What would be best for someone starting like myself. At 220lbs now looking to get back down to 185lbs.

Any advice is great, thanks in advance.

jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Reaching your goals will be dependent on diet and training more so than the protien or pre you choose OP. Protien shakes are used to help meet daily macros. So I would visit the nutrition section and see if you will even need extra protien to meet your goals.

What are you looking for out of a pre. Energy, focus, endurance, pump ect?
    Team VPX Sports Rep
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/vpx.htm

"FREE" White Heat Samples email: samples@vpxsports.com

Ever used a VPX product? Show us your in-store review and win!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158726173&page=4

Instagram: jabmaster2

stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stewbombed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jabmaster2 View Post

What are you looking for out of a pre. Energy, focus, endurance, pump ect?
    Thank you. I don't really know, haven't really got to serious about it until I saw some pictures of myself over xmas...not good. Currently I am doing a 45 min work out, 8 exercises 3 sets of reps, and to be honest, Day 1 (legs and core) kill me, while day 2 (arms and core) I feel like I should continue into almost additional hour before feeling anything.

jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What kind of workout routine are you doing. Generally for some one new I would focus on a simple strength routine that focuses on core lifts. Something like starting strength or 5/3/1.

For a pre maybe start out with simple caffeine pills or a cup of coffee and then try some things thru samples and such to see what you like
    Team VPX Sports Rep
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/vpx.htm

"FREE" White Heat Samples email: samples@vpxsports.com

Ever used a VPX product? Show us your in-store review and win!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158726173&page=4

Instagram: jabmaster2

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For a person in your situation, I would suggest that you immediately exit the supplement forum and go to the nutrtion forum. There are several good stickies you should read.

Have you calculated the appropriate daily caloric intake for your goal? If yes, what # have you arrived at? What is the macronutrient composition of those calories and your TDEE (maintenance intake)?
    Your question is typical of someone who doesn't really understand why they are taking protein powder. Some people pick a type based on taste. Others on mixability.

At the end of the day, you need to have calculated your target # calories and grams of protein you want to ingest per day, and pick from the types of protein powders that allow you to hit those goals, factoring the calories and protein you already get from foods/milk.

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stewbombed View Post
    Hi All,

New to the site and looking for some information to help. I am over weight and starting to get back into shape.

Speaking to a friend about supplements and what not, he was saying to look for a shake/protein that is blended, and a pre work out supplement. What would be best for someone starting like myself. At 220lbs now looking to get back down to 185lbs.

Any advice is great, thanks in advance.
    As for yourself I suggest taking a look here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183 and calculating your daily intake.
    Caloric deficit = weight loss
    Caloric surplus = gain

As for preworkouts and protein blends.

Preworkouts:
    C4, White Flood R, Ritual, Nanovapor.
    Each one has its benefits over the other, depending how much stimulants you can tolerate, all are pretty solid formulas.

Protein blends:
    BioX Xtreme Protein Fusion brings together the preferred features of both casein and whey (blend of whey, casien, milk protein isolate). Each scoop gives you over 30g of protein, aswell as healthy fats and fiber.

Others blends I enjoy: HexaPro, Pronom, XF 2.0
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you have trouble meeting your protein macro? If yes, buy any powder that you like the taste and fits your budget. If no, don't waste your money

Do you need some pep in the gym? If yes, drink a cup of coffee or take some no doze. If no, save your cash.

The two posts above mine are much more valuable than protein powder, pwos or supplements in general.

Thanks everyone for the help, clearly I need to do some work before starting. I just want to do it right, so thanks again to everyone whos posted.

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stewbombed View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help, clearly I need to do some work before starting. I just want to do it right, so thanks again to everyone whos posted.
    Great to hear your listening to peoples advice.

Definitely as mentioned start out by calculating your TDEE and Macros. Then use a food tracker like MFP or Calorie Count, and calculate your intake. This will allow you to have an understanding of what gaps you need to fill or fix in your diet. If you need protein powder to help you meet your macros at that point then make the investment. I myself prefer blends as well, as I find them the tastiest, most satiating and thick. My favourite blends are XF UP 2.0 and Phase8. Its all about preference though, in the long run if blends aren't for you a whey, or casein would help you meet your macros the same.
    Official MuscleTech Representative

Anarchy Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    #Shatter SX-7 Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    Creactor Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Platinum Multivitamin Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Hydroxycut SX-7 Non- Stim Buy 2 Get 1 Free

RIP Dewey99

My protein recipe website - www.bakewithprotein.com