TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Calculating Leangains macros for FAT LOSS

Can I just use the stickies on this section to calculate my macros? I realize that I need to have carbs on workout days and low fat, and vice versa on rest days.

Also, do I want to reverse the macro percentage between carbs and fats depending upon whether it's a workout day or not?

I know protein needs to be kept at a consistent number no matter what day it is, so that's easy, I'm just curious about what to do with carbs and fats.

qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your over complicating things and low dietary fat leads to many health problems....

At 6' 180 your gonna wants 75-85g of fat daily. every day.
    Platform Supplemets:
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad & Oximega
    Allmax Creapture Creatine

TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by qksc2 View Post
    Your over complicating things and low dietary fat leads to many health problems....

At 6' 180 your gonna wants 75-85g of fat daily. every day.
    Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.

So in this case I would keep fat and protein constant no matter what day, and just cycle carbs?

qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You do not NEED to cycle carbs even, its a personal choice based on what works best for you.

What is your calories goal? Overall goal? Current macro break down?
    Platform Supplemets:

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TeamCHRISTOPHER View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.

So in this case I would keep fat and protein constant no matter what day, and just cycle carbs?
    Yes.

You do not NEED to cycle carbs even, its a personal choice based on what works best for you.

What is your calories goal? Overall goal? Current macro break down?
    My goal is to lose body fat, that's it. I think you guys are going off of the stickies saying to keep fat and protein constant no matter what which is cool, I understand that.

That goes against Leangains protocol which is to cycle fat and carbs depending on the day. That's all I'm saying. It's a little conflicting.

Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do Leangains and just go pretty much low / no carb. They aren't necessary
    Yes I know I am fat and weak. I'm working on it.
    I REP BACK.
    Everyone at BB constantly preaches meal timing is irrelevant. Then they religiously take a whey shake post-workout just to prove it.
    Ketosis: Because initiating lipolysis during a cut is obviously a terrible thing.
    Primal eating: Because cutting out processed foods is obviously a terrible thing.

Originally Posted by Iusedtobefat99 View Post
    I do Leangains and just go pretty much low / no carb. They aren't necessary
    Well your title says IF and Keto...

Plus your not even close to the 15% body fat you claim.

-----

I am not all that familiar with lean gains, however, carb cycling in itself has mixed reviews everywhere.

What is important is your total caloric intake tailored to your goals (gain/loss) along with a proper macro break down.
    Platform Supplemets:

Well your title says IF and Keto...

Plus your not even close to the 15% body fat you claim.

-----

I am not all that familiar with lean gains, however, carb cycling in itself has mixed reviews everywhere.

What is important is your total caloric intake tailored to your goals (gain/loss) along with a proper macro break down.
    I agree. Caloric intake trumps anything else for the most part. I had a lot of success carb cycling before. I will run the protocol and see what happens.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TeamCHRISTOPHER View Post
    I agree. Caloric intake trumps anything else for the most part. I had a lot of success carb cycling before. I will run the protocol and see what happens.
    Then do what you did before.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Leangains - as written with it's calories and macro cycling is a specific Intermittent Fasting protocol that is targeted people in the 10-12% looking to recomp or gain lean mass with minimized fat gains. It is not designed as a general fat loss diet, and not designed to work with people with higher BF %'s

You can certainly lose use if for fat loss, but it is unnecessary to do the macro and calorie cycling. Martin (the originator of Leangains) does not use this approach with his fat loss clients (the calorie and macro stuff - he does some minor swings, but not that much. He does use IF with a 18/8 window).

Also, the way that people attempt to do leangains with calorie and fat/carb cycling is outdated based on what Martin actually does. If you hired him, you would for this put you on a diet that was low fat (40 grams or less) 7 days a week, and cycle your protein between ridiculously high, and even higher, and cycle some carbs as well.