Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000)

ITT: Runners vs Non-Runners

I got the idea to post this thread from another thread in the training section. It was a thread asking how much cardio everybody does and mostly everyone who posted hates cardio.

I wanna know:
    1.who likes to do cardio, specifically RUNNING, why you enjoy it, where you like to run, the types of shoes you use, cool running gadgets you use, how much running you do, your pace, etc. Anything that has to do with your run

2.who does not like to run, and why.

I love to run. I used to not like it when I was in middle school and even freshman year of high school, but then I started to love it because I started playing soccer and I got better and better at it, senior year I joined the cross country team and well the rest is history. Now I run 4-5X a week, 4 miles at about a 9 min/mile pace. I listen to music while I run because the beats help me run, the faster the beat, the faster I will go. I use the Nike+ app on my ipod and it tracks all of my runs, which is pretty awesome. I get to see how I have been improving. I am using the Nike Air Pegasus+29's right now. I love to run outside, but right now my schedule does not permit for that, so I have been running on the treadmill at my university gym. Running is not only good for your cardiovascular health, but it helps me clear my mind. When I run, I don't really think about anything else, and it helps me decrease my stress levels.
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul & with all your mind & with all your strength. -Mark 12:30

With God all things are possible. -Matthew 19:26

myfitnesspal: marissarenee

★ ☆ ★ MFP Aesthetics Crew ☆ ★ ☆ ★

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do not like to run. I am one of those people who look like they are going to keel over on the side of the road when I'm running.

However, I really wish I liked it. I see people running who are in the zone and I think it looks peaceful. Trail running in particular appeals to me. And I have a 7th grader who loves to run that I would like to keep up with.

So, I do it. But I'm not happy about it.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    I do not like to run. I am one of those people who look like they are going to keel over on the side of the road when I'm running.

However, I really wish I liked it. I see people running who are in the zone and I think it looks peaceful. Trail running in particular appeals to me. And I have a 7th grader who loves to run that I would like to keep up with.

haha that is how I used to feel, but idk what happened and now I get into the zone and just love the feel. I mean there are some days where I just do not want to do it, but I push through anyways. Glad you try to run though
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul & with all your mind & with all your strength. -Mark 12:30

peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love to run! I've been running since my 3 yr old son was born. I have done a lot of halves and am training for my second marathon in two weeks. I hate the treadmill. Hate it. I'd rather not run at all than to run on the dreadmill. I love to run outdoors and tend to do a mixture of trail on road running. Back in the day I did nothing but road running but when that caused a stress fracture of the tibia which left me benched for 3 months, I took to the trails to give the bones a break. And now I love it.

I'll be running for 3 hours this Friday - 18 miles. Can't wait. I love finishing a long run like that and although every bone and muscle in my body is screaming at me, my mind is triumphant knowing that I did it. There's nothing quite like the high you get from running.

Originally Posted by peachiz76 View Post
    I love to run! I've been running since my 3 yr old son was born. I have done a lot of halves and am training for my second marathon in two weeks. I hate the treadmill. Hate it. I'd rather not run at all than to run on the dreadmill. I love to run outdoors and tend to do a mixture of trail on road running. Back in the day I did nothing but road running but when that caused a stress fracture of the tibia which left me benched for 3 months, I took to the trails to give the bones a break. And now I love it.

I'll be running for 3 hours this Friday - 18 miles. Can't wait. I love finishing a long run like that and although every bone and muscle in my body is screaming at me, my mind is triumphant knowing that I did it. There's nothing quite like the high you get from running.
    WOW, I have never run that much before. I used to not like the treadmill at all. It would give me shin splints but now it doesn't bother me. There are no trails where I live to run on so it is either the track at my high school, the roads around my house, or the treadmill. Right now I have to use the treadmill due to my school schedule. But as long as I can get in my run I am ok

Registered User yogadancefit123's Avatar
    yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lioness you have awesome threads.

Its interesting that you got more motivation from soccer, it had to be awesome to improve your game.

Running doesn't improve my other sports really bc they are non competitive like dancing and yoga. I guess it decreases fat which can help in dance but not by a lot. There are many well balanced heavy dancers. If anything yoga helps running bc it builds muscle in a tolerable gradual way that accompanies poses same could be said for dance.

I like ruining because endorphins. I destress with music and laugh out loud at TV s on the treadmill after 3 miles -something that doesn't always happen at home. Only with a comedy obviously.
    You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights.

Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I started lifting again in college it was obvious my conditioning had also deteriorated so I started running. It sucked soooooo much at first, but I kept it up till I was running 3 miles before each lifting session. I also started doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at the time so that vastly improved my conditioning as well. Into this last year I was running anywhere between 3 to 6 miles on the days between lifts and then it got boring so I started swimming. This semester Im going a bit heavier on my conditioning so Ive kinda got a hybrid thing going with swimming and running all along with BJJ (which is its own animal) and lifting in between. I prefer trail running or even hiking to running on a track and I would vastly prefer track running to a treadmill.

Im not sure which running shoes I have (and I dont feel like getting up to go see), but they are some great Nikes that surprisingly made running easier. I usually just have a playlist that I listen to when I run and I have a particular techno song I like to time my mile and a half run to.
    Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential.

-Bruce Lee

Misc BJJ Crew

Kaizen

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oooooh.

Good thread.

I ran (notice past tense) for years. I especially like long distance running for the following reasons:
    -efficient way to burn calories.
    -endorphin high
    -mental toughness that develops as a result of being a long-distance runner.
    -camaraderie that develops with running buddies

Stuff I liked to use:

Air quality index:
    http://airnow.gov/

-Saucony was my brand of choice generally.
    -Short runs I liked to run outside with my iPod. Long runs with a friend.

Now...I'm not running. My knees are miserable afterward.

texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love running!! I have been running since the age of 19, but hated running before that (couch potato teenager). I enjoy running because of the way it makes me feel; basically the runner's high. I can sort through my thoughts, problem solve and just "be" when I run. I like to run outside on the country roads around my house but I also enjoy running on the treadmill, though not for more than 5-6 miles. I wear Asics and the only gadget I use is my Ipod nano. Usually I run about 4-5 miles at a time, but last February I trained for a half marathon, so ran longer distances. The farthest distance I have gone is 14.5 miles. I average about a 9min mile and use to average approximately 20-25 miles a week BUT am taking a running hiatus to bulk so have not run more than 3 miles at a time since August. I miss it!
    ~ Dayna

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I run. Specifically trail running, specifically with my dog. I will road run occasionally; but road running is to the trail runner like treadmill running is to the roadrunner---boring.

I average about 40 miles per week. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Oh, and I ran daily through my year long bulk.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great thread.

I despised it until about the end of high school, and then I did it consistently for 2-3 years. I didn't love it, but acquired a taste for it (this took a LONG time). Before this, I was into weight lifting in hs, but I picked running up after my fitness requirements were done and wanted to stay in shape somehow (didn't do more than 2 miles outdoors on hills, 3x week) I kept at it because it kept my legs in shape...the ones I built from squatting earlier. I've started lifting again and, honestly, I won't ever run again. It just feels like torture to me. When I want to ponder things/blow steam, lifting helps me do it better, and I enjoy it more.

I might think about hopping on the elliptical when I'm a granny or hop on the treadmill to do a quick mile or something occasionally, though.

ItsShannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Running is my go-to for cardio. I do enjoy the occasional steady state treadmill run, but I REALLY love doing sprints in the park on the grass. Ive seen great results with that as far as shaping my legs and glutes and fat burning.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I absolutely hate running. People seem to equate this with "I never run" or "I have never run regularly"... very far from true. I've gone through several multi-month bursts where I'll run 5-6 times a week for 3-4 mi each day. Yes, I enjoy it to some extent, but I am not and will not be natural runner. I fight my body every time I run, and the wear and tear and effects on my lifts is just not worth it.

We are all built differently such that some activities are come easier. I'll do the stairclimber or run sprints and get my cardio in, but you won't catch me running a marathon anytime soon

luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) luxor92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I began running for my dad, He was a distance runner way back in the day and I took it up. began as 1 lap around the track. 2 laps. finally a mile. slow pace for 2 miles on treadmill. 3 miles. pace increased, sprinting, running on the road, all hours of the day, 5:27 mile, running 6 miles a day on treadmill 6:40 pace daily now, I hate it some days, love it others. I call a run that just works "going cruze control" I just set a pace and can go for hours. U dont leave a run with the same mentality u had entering the run, each run changes u, and is one of the ultimate ways to find out who u r, at what point ull take things, how far u can go, how at peace u r. I run for the high, for that feel 5 minutes into a run where I just smile and know this one, this one is a gem of a run and to take it to its max.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used to run a lot when I first moved to Houston and up to a year or two ago....after starting to run marathons I preferred running all over town with my running group and avoided the running parks like the plague. Now that my mileage is greatly decreased it's okay to run at the park again.

The only thing I like to run with is my Garmin...no music...nothing...just that watch.

I love my Asics Gel Nimbus 13s. I had a woman fit me in a stability shoe once and that gave me the most awful Achilles' tendon issue that almost took me out of my first marathon.

The only thing left on my list is the full ironman, a 50 and 100 mile race, but that'll have to wait until I'm done bodybuilding
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    first guy in ...

I used to compete in track and field 100m ,200m
    but also 5k's and trail running during my ski pre season

I used to like running now I don't dont ask me why, it's just boring and useless unless you have a specific need
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do not like it, but only because it's really killing my shins and knees. But after losing 28lbs in a month, I cannot stop. I have become addicted to it now, and much like any other addiction, I like it and I hate it at the same time.

I run at 5.3 and switch to 6.0, 5 miles a day plus weights. I wear Nike Air Max's, but I switch to the new balance's every once in a while.

If anyone has any suggestions for calming shin and knee pain, I am all ears. (I am taking glucosamine/chondroitin+fish oils.......

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HUsoldier1212 View Post
    I do not like it, but only because it's really killing my shins and knees. But after losing 28lbs in a month, I cannot stop. I have become addicted to it now, and much like any other addiction, I like it and I hate it at the same time.

I run at 5.3 and switch to 6.0, 5 miles a day plus weights. I wear Nike Air Max's, but I switch to the new balance's every once in a while.

If anyone has any suggestions for calming shin and knee pain, I am all ears. (I am taking glucosamine/chondroitin+fish oils.......
    yeah less running

dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love running, it makes me feel free I road run (hate treadmills). I carry nothing, no music, like to be aware of the traffic as there is a lot around here but I go into my own fantasy world whilst I run - can't wait for better weather, my running has become a little impaired over the winter weeks but usually speaking I run 3 or 4 times a week.
    Sometimes I feel like giving up....

Then I remember I have a lot of mother****ers to prove wrong!

Thanks to everyone for their opinions on running and also thank you to everyone who thinks this is a good thread yall made my day.
    If you run, Keep it up
    If you don't, that's ok too haha keep up all of your other workout's

LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post

Pretty much this.... I don't love it but I do it... and I want to love it.

I like running more than I used to but my knees are a little shoddy so I can't really put in more than 5miles without having pain/discomfort.

Running outside IS 10000000000x better than the treadmill so I am more happy to run when it's nice out

there are other more effective ways to lose it like eating less and switching to a low impact exercise

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I like going on short 1-3 mile runs with my dog. I never enjoyed it until I got a dog, so I can't say I like running; instead, I'll say I like making my dog happy.

I used to run a lot and competed in several half-marathons. I wasn't great at running but not bad either. I ran a sub 8 minute mile for most of my races. Despite that I hated it. It bored me. My body hurt all over. And I looked terrible. I've always had a really great ass. When I was running a lot I completely lost my butt. Neither my husband nor I were thrilled about that. So combined with that fact that it was too time consuming, I was bored with it, and I hurt like a mother-****er the entire time - realizing I'd lost my best feature was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I'll never go back to running any distance above 5 miles ever again. I find hiking, yoga, sprints, dance and weightlifting a lot more enjoyable and a lot better on the booty.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Ice bath dude! Srs...

Fill a tall trash can (13 gallon will usually do it) with water and at least 3 bags of ice...stand in it for 20 minutes. I'd avoid the tub since for some reason, getting your ass cheeks in that cold water is just the worst....not to mention other body parts specifically.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love to run (sprinter/jumper in HS), but I almost have to force myself not to. I'm either trying to pack on mass when I bulk, which cardio is detrimental to that goal (for most). Or I'm trying to cut, which I usually go on a 10-15 week cut. In the past I have tried to start cardio right out of the gate on my cut, however I always dropped WAY too fast. So I stick to strictly dieting/lifting only until week 7-8, then I run my arse off

Oh and as far as where - Treadmill/gym. Mainly because it makes it easy to record speed/distance. I like doing a 5k once a week (try to improve every week), then 8 or so sets of sprints (12.0 for 45 sec) twice a week. I do occasionally step on our indoor track for my sprints though.

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Me- no running. Unless being chased or training for and passing the PT test. Longest run in my life was 5 miles.

I have always loved sprinting. 100-200 from 7th-12th grade. and was pretty good at it. Did not have the ability to relax at speed the way the top 8 in the state had, so never cracked the top 10.

Wife- runs. Even when not being chased. Paid for the first couple years of college for her!

She gets an endorphin rush by mile 2. I think I would like to run if that happened to me.
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HUsoldier1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    there are other more effective ways to lose it like eating less and switching to a low impact exercise
    Lol. I know all about it, I eat nothing but chicken, rice, tuna, salmon, and occasionally ground bison, steamed veggies, oats, and protein powder. If it's not one of these, I don't eat it.

Small portions, 3 shakes a day, the other 3 are small meals from the list above sir.

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Ice bath dude! Srs...

Fill a tall trash can (13 gallon will usually do it) with water and at least 3 bags of ice...stand in it for 20 minutes. I'd avoid the tub since for some reason, getting your ass cheeks in that cold water is just the worst....not to mention other body parts specifically.
    lol. Thank you for the recommendation. This is an odd one

jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I absolutely love to run!!! It's an addiction for me. I get the whole 'runners high' thing after about 5 miles, and then it's just pure euphoria. I just ran my 3rd marathon and won it! It was a pretty cool feeling, and the competitive side of it is a lot of fun. I was a college athlete, so it fulfills my competitive drive.

I love to run on the road or trails, but a lot of my training is at 5am and it's cold and dark so I end up on the treadmill a lot. I challenge myself on the treadmill with lots of speed and hill intervals to continue pushing myself to the next level. I seem to lose track of time on every run whether it's on a treadmill or outside. However, when running outside, I can easily be out running for 3 hours and not even realize it. I love the feeling after a good long run like that!

I wear Nike Air Max shoes and use a HR monitor and GPS (when outside), and that's about it for gadgets.

Typically I'll run around 80-90 miles a week, but sometimes in the summer when I can get outside more often I'll log around 120 miles per week. My marathon pace is around 7:50 per mile. Next race up is the Boston Marathon, and I can't wait!
    Lean Body for Her Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150243833&p=991781503#post991781503

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jmccarthey View Post
    I absolutely love to run!!! It's an addiction for me. I get the whole 'runners high' thing after about 5 miles, and then it's just pure euphoria. I just ran my 3rd marathon and won it! It was a pretty cool feeling, and the competitive side of it is a lot of fun. I was a college athlete, so it fulfills my competitive drive.

I love to run on the road or trails, but a lot of my training is at 5am and it's cold and dark so I end up on the treadmill a lot. I challenge myself on the treadmill with lots of speed and hill intervals to continue pushing myself to the next level. I seem to lose track of time on every run whether it's on a treadmill or outside. However, when running outside, I can easily be out running for 3 hours and not even realize it. I love the feeling after a good long run like that!

I wear Nike Air Max shoes and use a HR monitor and GPS (when outside), and that's about it for gadgets.

Typically I'll run around 80-90 miles a week, but sometimes in the summer when I can get outside more often I'll log around 120 miles per week. My marathon pace is around 7:50 per mile. Next race up is the Boston Marathon, and I can't wait!
    Holy cow that's a lot of miles. When do you find time to pee? lol good luck in Boston!

The Bringer of rain thebigzakbowski's Avatar
    thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) thebigzakbowski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I hate to run. I should start adding it after lifting so I am not tired before I lift but I would like to burn more calories and trim up. 340-297 is just from lifting but I think I can get down at least another 45-50 lbs. I have flat feet, no arch at all so running is painful
    https://youtu.be/RGHV67vZ0MM 435lb Bench SS 7/8/17
    https://youtu.be/NG0J4SFPjm0 395lb Bench Raw 12/25/17
    my log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174243471&p=1508621311#post1508621311