Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Streetbull View Post
    If belief in God is founded upon one's own experiences, then the point is that you know God exists. If belief is founded on blind faith...well, I don't think even God wants anyone to do that.

We evolved to look at reality in a particular way, one geared to our survival in the physical world. Our senses don't allow us to perceive God as being able to do so wasn't essential to our survival. So one can only hope to experience God, much as Arjuna spoke to Lord Krishna (personal experience), said knowledge being totally subjective and unprovable to any one else.
    On the subject of blind faith, and I know you weren't backing it up but just hear me out. Wasn't there a story in the old testament where god tells Abraham to bring his son to the top of some mountain and murder him?? Then Abraham brings him up there and right when he's about to do it god tells him to stop, that he basically just wanted to see if he would do it?? To show that he should follow what god says no matter what since he knows best??? Sorry but that sounds like some psycho ex-girlfriend **** to me lol please if I'm wrong someone correct me.

Either way that's why I like Buddhism, I'm on my phone but there's a quote that ill paraphrase to the best of my knowledge lol
    "Don't believe something just because someone told you it was true
    Dontbelieve something just because its in your holy Scriptures
    Don't believe something just because I said it
    Experiment with it, live it out and test it for your self, and then if you still find it to be true and it makes sense to YOU, then believe it"

Idk something like that, anyways were not gunna change anyone's minds so we should remember to respect each individuals choice. everyone's gunna have their own opinion and whether we believe in god or not were all in this life together and it'd be much easier if we helped eachother threw it

WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Singularity7 View Post
    Not all atheists focus on proving god fake (Physical). Actually there atheists that like to debate the love aspect of religion.

Not all Christians certainly love all. Some Christians and others have spread the misconceptions of atheists being devils. Of course this does not apply to all.
    Though who would be more hated if you saw two people wearing these shirts? Be honest.
    -Someone wearing a shirt that says, 'I am an atheist, there is no god' etc.
    -Someone wearing a shirt that says, 'I am Christian, I love god' etc.
    Who would be looked at with more contempt and given stares?
    Atheists are one of the most disliked groups in America.
    I just find it interesting that atheists are always the ones going after Christians with arguments, etc and not the other way around, how atheists are the ones who insist on debating most the time, not Christians. Why is it that Christians just want to love others? That right there is enough for me. I really don't care what any atheist has to say, I just look at the fruit of their actions, how to treat others, how they care about others, and compare it to Christians and that's enough for me to not care at all what an atheist has to say on the topic
    Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.

- 1 Timothy 4:8

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by F1exAppeal View Post
    Idk something like that, anyways were not gunna change anyone's minds so we should remember to respect each individuals choice. everyone's gunna have their own opinion and whether we believe in god or not were all in this life together and it'd be much easier if we helped eachother threw it
    That's a very wise thought. Unfortunately the optimism is met around here with reference to how Evangelicals and Muslims want people to abide by their beliefs politically. But that's all nonsense anyway with people arguing back and forth that their perspectives are right without looking at the facts with clarity. And as for that quote, it's one of my favorites and here is one translation:

"Now, Kalamas, don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by
    logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views,
    by probability, or by the thought, 'This contemplative is our teacher.' When you know for
    yourselves that, 'These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these
    qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare
    & to happiness' — then you should enter & remain in them.

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    On the subject of blind faith, and I know you weren't backing it up but just hear me out. Wasn't there a story in the old testament where god tells Abraham to bring his son to the top of some mountain and murder him?? Then Abraham brings him up there and right when he's about to do it god tells him to stop, that he basically just wanted to see if he would do it?? To show that he should follow what god says no matter what since he knows best??? Sorry but that sounds like some psycho ex-girlfriend **** to me lol please if I'm wrong someone correct me.
    But that wasn't blind faith. God had already promised Abraham that his descendents would be as numerous as the stars in the sky. He knew nothing was going to happen to Isaac. In fact, before he goes up the mountain he tells his servants that he and Isaac will be returning shortly. Together.

The story is a typographical reflection of Christs actual sacrifice on the cross.
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000) F1exAppeal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tamorlane View Post
    No I couldn't care less. Take notice of me saying 'it is very likely' and not just 'you put your faith' as an absolute. And not really sure you can be a Buddhist and not understand the unconditioned nirvana aka third noble truth.
    It is very likely states that youre leaning towards assuming, just a nice way to excuse yourself, and I know the third noble truth but fine I'm an atheist with Buddhist philosophies, I don't really care about labels and I still listen to other religions to see if it makes sense to me, its just Buddhism is the only one that truly makes sense, I just like how god and the afterlife is totally irrelevant cuz in this life it truly is, you can never know if its true, you just gotta make the best with what this life has to offer.

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is very likely states that youre leaning towards assuming, just a nice way to excuse yourself, and I know the third noble truth but fine I'm an atheist with Buddhist philosophies, I don't really care about labels and I still listen to other religions to see if it makes sense to me, its just Buddhism is the only one that truly makes sense, I just like how god and the afterlife is totally irrelevant cuz in this life it truly is, you can never know if its true, you just gotta make the best with what this life has to offer.
    I agree - http://wastelandbuddhism.wordpress.c...arrow-of-time/

That's a very wise thought. Unfortunately the optimism is met around here with reference to how Evangelicals and Muslims want people to abide by their beliefs politically. But that's all nonsense anyway with people arguing back and forth that their perspectives are right without looking at the facts with clarity. And as for that quote, it's one of my favorites and here is one translation:
    Well I wanted to quote what you quoted after that haha. But I like that one alot, I also liked the other scriptures you quoted in this thread btw, alot of the other posts in here make of seem like its either abrahamic religions or atheism, not saying they said that or that that was their point but it just seems like no one was bringing up any of the other religions and their views on god(s), wish I was at my real computer so I could post some other quotes too lol but ill even agree most atheists do put their faith in alot of impermanent things from this life, not assuming but from the conversations I have with other atheists, so your more than likely comment does have some merit, it just was the best comment to start with my Buddhism input haha but I've only discovered it recently so I'm still doing alot of research on it, I'm sure you know alot more on it than me

tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tallguy29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Billions of prayers everyday if answered would contradict an enormous amount.
    If an omnibenevolent and omniscient god would already be aware of your problems and know what you want. Then it could be regarded as good or evil by god. Though if it was good why didn't he wish it already? If it is evil why would god grant you it?
    How would you know which peoples prayers were sincere? Do you know what god wants from them personally?
    Miracles let's not get started with them.

Edit: You also have a new thread that is devoted to you again, if you weren't aware of it.
    Originally Posted by Bahai.Lifter View Post
    Indeed, so God answers, in His infinite Wisdom, in the way He desires to answer.

I think prayer is much more than just asking for something, it is deeper, communion with God. There are mysteries in it that we are unaware of for sure, but communion itself with Him (through prayer) establishes a stronger spiritual connection, and makes us more wise, more mindful, and so on. In such a state, we can better go through life with actions which will benefit us. For example, we won't perhaps make as many mistakes and have to pray for those mistakes to be fixed. Say someone prays for help with passing a test, but he is always fearful at the time of tests and forgets everything he studied. But if he reads the holy scriptures, communes with God, and so on, he will eventually come to realize that God will help a servant achieve anything if he puts his trust in God and knows that He will help him through. Therefore there would be no more problem, no more fear. This is just one example, my point being that prayer or communion with God, in the Bah' view, is much more complex than simply asking and getting I believe. It helps us spiritually grow and prosper.

Prayers are not answered by God. Penance is. And after years of penance. In Hindu epics, rishis (saints) went away to forests to remain undisturbed and do their penance for years before they achieved communion with god.

GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It is about comfort. We live on an island in a massive, inhospitable universe and we want to know that there is something greater than ourselves out there in control.

I've only discovered it recently so I'm still doing alot of research on it, I'm sure you know alot more on it than me
    It's never about who knows more, it's always great to hear people resonate with the truth/teachings.

to be reverent and humble
    content and grateful
    to hear the dharma at the right time
    this is a blessing supreme
    -Mangala Sutta

God is the All-Glorious Bahai.Lifter's Avatar
    Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GarbagemanLB View Post
    It is about comfort. We live on an island in a massive, inhospitable universe and we want to know that there is something greater than ourselves out there in control.
    Our motivation for believing in Him, no matter what the motivation is, doesn't disprove His existence. Naturally if God exists, souls are attracted to Him.
    "O MAN OF TWO VISIONS! Close one eye and open the other. Close one to the world and all that is therein, and open the other to the hallowed beauty of the Beloved."

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GarbagemanLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Bahai.Lifter View Post
    Our motivation for believing in Him, no matter what the motivation is, doesn't disprove His existence. Naturally if God exists, souls are attracted to Him.
    That's great. It really is.

It's never about who knows more, it's always great to hear people resonate with the truth/teachings.

to be reverent and humble
    content and grateful
    to hear the dharma at the right time
    this is a blessing supreme
    -Mangala Sutta
    Wow, that's very noble to say. I Like that one alot too.
    are there any books/websites you would recommend by any chance??

Wow, that's very noble to say. I Like that one alot too.
    are there any books/websites you would recommend by any chance??
    yea i sent you a pm

Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You and your dull thinking again.
    The evidence for the big bang theory is substantial.
    The main pieces of observational evidence.
    -redshift of galaxies
    -the cosmic microwave background
    -the growth of large scale structure over time
    -the primordial abundances of helium and lithium.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyCkADmNdNo
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CE/CE420.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ban...ional_evidence
    http://www.allaboutscience.org/big-bang-theory.htm
    Also the big bang isn't an explosion it was an expansion. Anyone who knows anything basic of the big bang would know this. Obviously you don't as you always come into a thread with little information on the subject your debating.

Do you do all your researching on creationism.org or whatever?
    I hate to say it, but your the one thinking dull....

If God did in fact create the universe, what would it look like through the scope of science? Who's to say that the the big bang was not simply the method God used in order to carry out his creation? What science can't tell you, is the driving force behind WHY things happen. The same argument applies for evolution and just about any other scientific theory that atheists use to try and disprove God. Your analyzing properties of this world, and by doing so think you can disprove a God that exists outside the boundaries of time and space? It makes absolutely no sense.
    I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do this I keep on doing. (Romans 7:15,17-19)

*90 hour workweek crew*

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Xhale12 View Post

If God did in fact create the universe, what would it look like through the scope of science? Who's to say that the the big bang was not simply the method God used in order to carry out his creation? What science can't tell you, is the driving force behind WHY things happen. The same argument applies for evolution and just about any other scientific theory that atheists use to try and disprove God. Your analyzing properties of this world, and by doing so think you can disprove a God that exists outside the boundaries of time and space? It makes absolutely no sense.
    It's a common brainfart people have around here. They think that explaining mechanism explains or obviates agency.
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WilliamBo91 View Post
    I just find it interesting that atheists are always the ones going after Christians with arguments, etc and not the other way around, how atheists are the ones who insist on debating most the time, not Christians. Why is it that Christians just want to love others? That right there is enough for me. I really don't care what any atheist has to say, I just look at the fruit of their actions, how to treat others, how they care about others, and compare it to Christians and that's enough for me to not care at all what an atheist has to say on the topic
    We have the right to remember how Christians acted back in the day when they were in control We were burned at the stake for asking questions back in those days. Now that you guys aren't in control now we are still asking questions and you get all offended. What is wrong with critical thinking? What is wrong about questioning someone who says they know everything? What is wrong to look skeptical of those who make those claims?

Originally Posted by Xhale12 View Post

Don't misrepresent what i said.
    I was addressing his fatuous argument that the big bang theory had no evidence.
    So in fact you missed my point. When did i ever say in that post the big bang and the evolution disproves god?
    So then in fact what you are saying is infallible how can one argue against this?

Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    It's a common brainfart people have around here. They think that explaining mechanism explains or obviates agency.
    I hope you didn't include me in that list. When did i say the big bang theory disproves god?
    So ummm yeah....
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.