jakester2929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Opinions on training/dieting for a show may 4th

currently 15 weeks from a show on may 4th, I have a bad physique but I would love to try to compete in physique. My bf is 11%, weight is 210 and im 6'3. I would just like some opinions on adjusting my diet/training split and any other opinions about this show.

Diet:
    Meal 1: 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 cup oatmeal
    Postworkout: 2 scoops of pro.
    Meal 3: 8oz chicken, sweet potato
    Meal 4: 8oz lean beef, 1cup veg
    Meal 5: 12 oz chicken
    Totals are around: 290g pro, 100g carbs, 40g fat

Training:
    Day 1: chest/tri
    Day 2: back/bi
    Day 3: shoulders/legs
    Day 4: rest
    AM i lift, PM i do around 30 mins of cardio everyday
    jake 3.jpgjake.jpg

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hate to say it, but there's a lot of stuff going wrong here:

1) You've left yourself no room to adjust your diet. Total calories are WAY too low. You're already under 2,000 calories so, at 6'3" and 210 lbs, you're basically starving yourself.To give you an idea, at 6'2" 216 lbs, my maintenance is around 3,700 kcal.

1a) Carbs are way too low. If you increase your calories, this could be easily solved.

1b) Do you ever have refeed days? Once every 7-10 days you should be piling the carbs on while keeps protein and fats pretty low to replenish your glycogen stores.

2) Too much cardio. Again, you've given yourself nowhere adjust except to go to two-a-days. I'd cut back on the cardio and incorporate some HIIT.

I think my best advice to you would be to go read this article: http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-...ting-diet.html. It's what a lot of people have based their cutting diets off of to start out. From there, they start figuring out how to tweak it appropriately and personalize it.

jakester2929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks man, I'm actually going to hire a trainer, any word about prep by Alex.....up to this point it was me by myself, just wondering if Alex Azarian is a good trainer

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jakester2929 View Post
    Thanks man, I'm actually going to hire a trainer, any word about prep by Alex.....up to this point it was me by myself, just wondering if Alex Azarian is a good trainer
    I've heard very little about him, though what I've heard has been positive. My personal recommendations would be Brian Ahlstrom (Ahlstrom Fitness), Paul Revelia (Pro Physique), Layne Norton (though he is booked solid), or the guys at 3D Muscle Journey. They're all NATURAL professionals and get great results.