ohara95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing fat - 240lbs/ 200lbs

5ft 11"/ 240lbs/ 18/ 37.5% Body fat.

My current weight is 240lbs, to start off with I want to aim for 200lbs by losing 2 pounds per week.

My TDEE is 2808, I'm aiming to eat 1000 less per day so I have a calorie deficit of 7000 per week.

I want to, if possible try and gain muscle at the same time as losing as much fat as I can, I've read that by weight training, it burns more calories per hour so that would be a great help as well I take it?

I'm going to try and hit the gym at least 3 times per week, I'm not sure what workouts I should be doing so if anyone could help out here... Running/ walking/ crossfit/ bike/ rowing/ weights. If someone could help me with a workout plan, bare in mind I'm extremely unfit, I haven't played any sports since school at least 2 years ago.

My diet will mostly consist of water, chicken, vegetables, tuna, oats and fruit.

Thanks

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fat is an essential macro, all the things you listed have basically no fat. You need to fix that. What workout program are you going to be doing? As for cardio, do the kind you enjoy most, that's going to help you stick to it. Don't overdo the cardio, too much will be detrimental to gaining/retaining muscle mass. Which brings me on to my next point, you probably wont be gaining much (if any) muscle mass, you will see strength gains which will come from CNS adaptation.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    Fat is an essential macro, all the things you listed have basically no fat. You need to fix that. What workout program are you going to be doing? As for cardio, do the kind you enjoy most, that's going to help you stick to it. Don't overdo the cardio, too much will be detrimental to gaining/retaining muscle mass. Which brings me on to my next point, you probably wont be gaining much (if any) muscle mass, you will see strength gains which will come from CNS adaptation.
    Could you list some food with fat in it? This is all a big learning curve for me, quite a lot to take in.

I have no idea what workout program I'm going to be doing... Something for beginners, could you help with that? I'm trying to fix my diet first before I start hitting the gym, hopefully get my 6 month membership after the 2nd of Feb, when I have money.

Gaining mass doesn't bother me as of yet, I just want to get rid of this fat, I would like to be strong at the same time.

Cheers

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ohara95 View Post
    Could you list some food with fat in it? This is all a big learning curve for me, quite a lot to take in.

I have no idea what workout program I'm going to be doing... Something for beginners, could you help with that? I'm trying to fix my diet first before I start hitting the gym, hopefully get my 6 month membership after the 2nd of Feb, when I have money.

Gaining mass doesn't bother me as of yet, I just want to get rid of this fat, I would like to be strong at the same time.

Cheers
    Foods with fat: Nuts, Cheese, Fatty cuts of meat, cooking oils of course, butter, there's a lot out there.

JasonDB's 5x5 is as good as any beginners routine.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

I do have the occasional bit of cheese and butter and I do use cooking oils for the chicken etc. Cheers again!