MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Rehab and Redemption

This log is a long time coming. Over the past 2 years I have been plagued with injuries. A SLAP tear and herniated disk. I tried to work through the herniated disk and ended up getting a sports hernia. Most likely due to over compensation and instability due to the herniated disk. About 8 weeks ago I was cleared to do some body weight exercise and start my road back to the gym. When I got my slap tear I was out for 6momths, then Hurt it again and out another 6 months. Once I was recovered from that I hurt my back which kept me out about 10 months. So basically 2 years with at most 2 months of working out. During this time I became very disappointed and gave up on diet and caring. I put on some weight and more bf then I would like. To track my progress on the 14th I got a bod pod workup. Now I have a starting point so I can track my progress. Starting march 1st I started a zero carb diet not counting cals and light rehab stuff at home. Then last week in march I started doing light exercises in the gym and testing everything out. As of this Monday everything felt pretty good so started a real routine and seems to be going well. This log will hopefully track my progress over the next 6 months to 10% bf with the addition of some LBM. Below are my current stats, diet, goals etc. my biggest concern is re injury so im going slow , here we goooooo

Backround
    When I got my slap tear I was a personal trainer and getting ready for a natural bodybuilding show. That seems like a lifetime ago, I have a different job now and really fell out of the lifestyle. I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym, its been my passion for so long it feels great to be back.

Current stats (April 14)
    Height: 6'1
    Weight:206
    BF: 27%

Goal
    Weight: 200
    BF: 14

DIET
    A keto diet on 2k cals a day. Refeed every 2 weeks. My refeeds will be 3600 cals. 2 protein shakes(50g protein each, 300 cals each) and the rest carbs with low fat.

SUPPS
    C4 or NANO VAPOR pre workout
    Scivation XTEND intra workout or pre cardio
    ON gold standard immediately post workout
    Myofusion Elite before bed

WORKOUT
    a basic P/P/L 3 on 1 off. 1 exercise per muscle group with working sets 3x10 for most exercises. Main goal adding weight to every exercise every workout. Basically low volume, medium frequency to focus on progressive overload.
    Last edited by MachMood; 04-20-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    Goals for 2011:
    -Recover fully from r injury and back in the gym 100%
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

"I want to get big fast man, In gym class im the smallest guy"

MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This past week was the first I was on my workout I posted. I went pretty light testing the waters and everything felt great. The pain in my groin had completely went away from the sports hernia and my shoulder/back were no problem at all. Only had some tightness/soreness in my inner thy after squating 135x10x3. This was pretty close to my maximal weight so I'm very encouraged. At this point I can tell the difference between what pains i should and shouldn't be feeling and this one should be nothing to worry about. I had zero discomfort through my leg workout so it just seems like DOMS on my right side. Can't wait to start pushing it hard Monday. Although I'm discouraged about my weights im hoping despite a calorie deficit I can get to respectable levels once I reach 14%bf. At this point ill add in carbs to equal maintenance cal level and add
    In some more volume to my workouts but lets not get ahead of ourselves. I'm going to be posting my first workout Monday.
    Last edited by MachMood; 04-20-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

Today weighed 202.4. My next refeed is one week from today. Hopefully I'll be 201 or less. Shooting for 1.5-2 lbs a week.
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

Had a video and couldn't upload it. Snapped these 2 pics form
    The vid just as a reference. This was the same day as the bod pod test. 206lbs and 26.9% bf. I was thinking more around 21-22 but I guess my lower back carries a lot of fat also. Def a wake up call concidering I used to be 12-13% around the same weight
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MachMood; 04-23-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

Back shot
    Attached Images
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

MONDAY APRIL 22/PUSH

FLAT DB
    45x10
    50x10
    60x10x3
    The felt pretty heavy and I was still alil unstable using Dumbells. Decided next week instead of adding weight I'm going to do 3x12 and if I get it move to 65s

CABLE CROSSOVER
    65x12x2
    This is very light. I'm just focusing on the negative and getting a DEEP stretch. The posative of the movement is very light, I try and make the negative very hard by going very slow and very deep.

MILITARY PRESS
    65x10
    85x10x3
    Again this was very difficult. Gonna do 3x12 next week then add only 5lbs.

Nautilus dip machine
    140x12
    155x12x3
    Gonna add 5 lbs next workout

2 sets of decline abs and 2 sets of leg raises
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

TUESDAY APRIL 23/PULL

WIDE LAT PULLDOWN
    140x10
    150x10
    170x10x3
    Add 5 lbs next workout

CLOSE GRIP PULLEY ROW
    140x10
    150x10x3
    Add 5lbs

ALT. STANDING DB CURLS
    25x10
    35x10x3
    Do 3x12 then go to 40s

REVERSE CABLE CURLS
    50x12x2
    Do a 50lb warmup then 60lb 2x12

MACHINE TRUNK TWISTS
    both sides 3x15
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

APRIL 24/LEGS

SQUAT
    95x10
    115x10
    155x10x3
    Felt really good. Last set was hard but gonna add 10lbs next time. My goal is to add 10lbs every workout and not stall untill I hit 225. I think that would be great progress without having to back off or deload

SLDL
    135x10x3
    Starting light because of my disk, this is actually a great exercise to help me out but can be very dangerous so progressing very light. Gonna add 10lbs next workout

Adductor/abbductor machine
    60x12x3 for both
    Just a strengthening exercise for my sports hernia. Was pain fee and felt great.
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

APRIL 25

Off day , no refeed. Just 30 minutes of low intensity cardio. 3.5 mph at 3.5 incline.
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

APRIL 26/PUSH

DECLINE
    115x10
    135x10
    155x10x3 gonna add 10lbs next time

DB shoulder press
    25x10
    35x12x2
    Failed on the last one only got 10. Gonna try 3x14 next time and move to 40s no matter what

TRICEP PULLEY PUSHDOWN
    90x12
    120x12x3. Gonna add 5 lbs next Time

DECLIne CRUNCHES/leg raises
    2x20 each
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

Decided my refeed would be 3100 k cals. Gonna try and lose with the most amount of cals. Already have it planned out and macros accounted for. My initial plan was refeed every 3rd off Day which is every 12 days. I've decided if I'm 1.5 lbs below baseline after 2 off days(8 days) ill refeed. Like I said gonna try and lose 1.5 lbs a week on the most amount of food

Eggo waffle PBJ sandwich- 350cals x2
    Coco pebbles with nonfat milk- 400cals
    Bagel with FF cream cheese- 160cals
    Lean cuisine pizza-300 cals
    pasta roni box - 500 cals
    1/2 Box of sugar free choc pudding -210 cals
    8 Oreos- 375 cals
    3 scoops ON whey- 360 cals

3100 cals goes FAST!!!!
    Last edited by MachMood; 04-27-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

APRIL 27/PULL

CLOS GRIP LAT PULLDOWN
    100x10
    120x10
    140x10x3 add 5 lbs next time

CHEST SUPPORTED ROW
    45x10
    105x10x3 add 5 lbs next time

LONG BAR PULLEY CURLS
    60x12
    80x12x3 add 5lbs

SINGLE ARM REVERSE PULLEY CURL
    25x12x2 add 2.5 lbs

Machine trunk twists
    80x15x3

Felt really strong and energized. Don't feel like I need a refeed at all. Diet feels good, never really hungry and don't cheat. Everything seems to be going perfectly(fingers crossed)
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

APRIL 29/ LEGS

SQUAT
    90x10
    115x10
    165x10x3 add 10lbs next time

SLDL
    135x10x3 do 3x12 next time

Calve raise
    100x15x3 same

ADDUCTOR/ADDUCTOR
    Both 2x12
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

APRIL 30 / Off amd refeed. Weight 201.5

I feel like im getting sick so skipped Liss cardio and just did refeed. Refeed was done and hit my 3100 And went perfect untill 10pm when i went Off the deepend and had 4 extra pieces of pizza. Prob had 4100 cals. Not gonna refeed for atleast 2 weeks. Hopefully îl baseline within a few days
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF

I ended up getting sick and tweaking my back, will update shortly
    Goals for 2011:
    - 220 lbs at 10% BF