Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I'd say Powerlifting is harder. I think it also requires a stronger and more mature person. I've always found that bodybuilding appealed more to young guys who just wanna get "swolezzzz gunzz mayn" usually juice like crazy and don't have a lot of knowledge. Bodybuilding is an ADHD teenagers best friend. Besides lifting for aesthetics and being a man don't mix.
    Raw Powerlifting

200/150/260 = 610 kg @ 118 kg 19 y/o

440/330/570 = 1340 lbs @ 260 lbs. 19 y/o

2015 goals

225 (496)
    170 (374)
    280 (617)

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DaneMuscle View Post
    I'd say Powerlifting is harder. I think it also requires a stronger and more mature person. I've always found that bodybuilding appealed more to young guys who just wanna get "swolezzzz gunzz mayn" usually juice like crazy and don't have a lot of knowledge. Bodybuilding is an ADHD teenagers best friend. Besides lifting for aesthetics and being a man don't mix.

Registered User WorkoutFreak219's Avatar
    WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DaneMuscle View Post
    LOL.
    There not true bodybuilders & by the way you write this seems this sounds like YOU.
    Your not a bodybuilder till you've competed & placed.
    The guys that usually juice like crazy pay the price, You think most girls like a 240lb 5'8 freak? No. & Most ppl that do are more knowledgeable then you'll ever be on the subject.
    No one knows why someone wants to compete/become a freak besides another person who follows the same path.
    15 Weeks out 12/26/13

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chrisimundo View Post
    your friends are doing it wrong, its called iifym. The people who suffer are doing it to themselves you can get absolutely shredded eating ice cream a week out
    No lol just no some people need to dip their caloric intake down to less than 1300 calories to get striated glutes; doing this for an extended period regardless of what you're eating ice cream or otherwise your body is literally going to shut down test levels. Your body is built for survival and literally it thinks you're on a desert island starving somewhere and shuts down just about every function in the body that requires a high caloric load to sustain and focuses on doing the bare minimum. Regardless of what you eat it ****ing sucks. I do agree it can be avoided somewhat by strategically doing refeeds and keeping your metabolic rate high. However, the statement that IIFYM is any different than standard dieting actually defeats the argument for IIFYM in and of itself.
    Last edited by agrier9; 01-22-2013 at 11:49 AM.

DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DaneMuscle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I never said that they didn't pay the price for it, I'm just around my area, I know a lot of guys who are my age or a bit older, who start juicing right off the bat and train haphazardly. Both bodybuilding and powerlifting have people with a lot of knowledge, I'm just saying; Bodybuilding is more shallow, less masculine and more obsessive.
    Raw Powerlifting

200/150/260 = 610 kg @ 118 kg 19 y/o

440/330/570 = 1340 lbs @ 260 lbs. 19 y/o

2015 goals

225 (496)
    170 (374)
    280 (617)

illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) illuminattty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by LiftingSteve93 View Post
    I think I'd say bodybuilding is harder up to an extent. But strongman is harder than powerlifting
    this

Originally Posted by Oggie22 View Post
    I think powerlifting is simpler, but not necessarily easier.
    But I'm a noob so my opinion is probably invalid here lol
    this

Bodybuilders difficulty is simply bringing yourself to that HUGE size, getting proportions, cutting down to sub 5% bf.
    Powerlifters have the difficulty of getting to the stage ith huge number since linear progression will end after about a year or 2, so they use complex training and periodization methods to geth those huge numbers.
    Last edited by illuminattty; 01-22-2013 at 12:00 PM.

kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kosich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by narv View Post
    eyyy just a little funny debate with a mate I would like to get some other opinions on:

wouldn't you say that powerlifting are much more "easier" to get results in (aka. lifting some heavy ass weight) than building a great body?

With powerlifting: as I see it you just have to eat good and get them lifts up.

With BB: so many factors. Bulk up, cut down, shakes upon shakes, ajust weakpoints to get a nice "allaround mass", count calories, count proteins, buy and prepair crazy amounts of food.

also, how much would you say these 2 things go together? is it possible to be really skinny but do some serious heavy lifting? and the other way around, is it possible to be big and swole, but weak as fuark?

what do ya say?
    If your goals is strength- Powerlifting
    If your goal is aesthetics- Bodybuilding

If you want to see faster results lift-wise- powerlifting

cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cjl14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lolwut ppl say you only bring up lagging body parts in BBing.... There's accessory exercises for a reason while training for strength. If each body part was equally developed in equal proportions, you wouldn't need accessories IMO.
    My Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168625533

Bench: 225x5 (tng) | 250x1 (paused)
    Squat: 275x10 | 335x1
    Deadlift: 315x8 | 365x5 | 455x1 (all deadstop)

iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by agrier9 View Post
    Bodybuilding is more difficult getting ready for a show is like absolute torture. BRB no sex because your sex drive is literally gone, BRB no carbs no energy, BRB feels like you're dieing.
    Why would you eat no carbs? That's what test is for tbh

_Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Personally, I have competed in both. I can say that bodybuilding is harder. Why? Diet and cardio. If asked, I can expand.
    Best Meet Lifts:
    SQ: 460 (sleeves)
    BP: 350
    DL: 510
    Total: 1300 (242 wrapped)

"I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death"

www.animalpak.com

iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50) iliftweightsido will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by _Aggression_ View Post
    Personally, I have competed in both. I can say that bodybuilding is harder. Why? Diet and cardio. If asked, I can expand.
    No offense but you have a 1275 total

_Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iliftweightsido View Post
    No offense but you have a 1275 total
    And I placed 5/5 at my bodybuilding comp. Your point?
    Best Meet Lifts:

www.animalpak.com

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why would you eat no carbs? That's what test is for tbh
    I didn't say eat no carbs my statement implied you're on a much lower intake of carbs than the bodies used to therefore you have **** energy.
    Last edited by agrier9; 01-22-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Originally Posted by _Aggression_ View Post
    And I placed 5/5 at my bodybuilding comp. Your point?
    How can you honestly say one is harder when you have spent more time on one than the other?

I didn't say eat no carbs ******* my statement implied you're on a much lower intake of carbs than the bodies used to therefore you have **** energy.
    No, you said "BRB no carbs" how does that imply low carbs?

And strong roid rage Alex

How can you honestly say one is harder when you have spent more time on one than the other?
    Where did I say more time was spent on a specific one? And because I'm a bit lost, which one did I spend more time on?
    Best Meet Lifts:

www.animalpak.com

No, you said "BRB no carbs" how does that imply low carbs?

And strong roid rage Alex
    Anybody could make the correlation that I was implying carb levels are much lower than normal.
    Last edited by agrier9; 01-22-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Ok forget that, you are implying you don't have to diet and cardio for pling?

Lol yeah because I'm on roids stfu and you don't know me so don't use my first name. Any retard could make the correlation that I was implying carb levels are much lower than normal.
    Lmao

Do you ever go to 5-6% bf for pling? The answer is no; I'm not being biased here simply logical. Bodybuilding takes a much bigger toll on you physically and mentally if you're stepping on stage.

Your correct response to my original post should have been, 'Yes, please expand on what you mean by diet and cardio'. That way, those few posts could have been avoided.

To answer your question, no, I am not implying that you don't have to diet and do cardio for PL-ing. What I am saying is that the diet and cardio are the more difficult aspects of BB-ing. For PL, you don't have to diet for 10-18 weeks leading into a contest. For PL, its not necessary for you to do 5-6 hour-long cardio sessions per week leading up to a PL meet. Diet and cardio are much looser on the PL end, yet they are still relevant and necessary to an extent.
    Best Meet Lifts:

www.animalpak.com

bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Agrier, why are you getting your jimmies rustled by that guy? Lol
    Last edited by bogui94; 01-22-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    SOHP : 265

Lmao
    Lol Shane I almost ripped you a new one. It's obvious bodybuilding is more taxing and demanding on the body. I mean people end up hospitalized because they try and get too lean.

Originally Posted by bogui94 View Post
    Agrier, why are you getting your jimmies rustled by Shane? Lol
    I realized it was shane like 5min ago haha.

Do you ever go to 5-6% bf for pling? The answer is no; I'm not being biased here simply logical. Bodybuilding takes a much bigger toll on you physically and mentally if you're stepping on stage.
    Ok so let's just say for 20 weeks you cut and you do 1 contest every two years, ~ 1/5 of your time is spent In this "hard" stage.

Once you get "strong" gaining more strength becomes extremely complicated

Ofc all of our opinions will be biased and everyone wants to have the hardest sport

Lui you are why we can't have nice things

bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lui you are why we can't have nice things
    Lulz. I'll edit my post brah. Do the same Agrier
    SOHP : 265

Ok so let's just say for 20 weeks you cut and you do 1 contest every two years, ~ 1/5 of your time is spent In this "hard" stage.

Once you get "strong" gaining more strength becomes extremely complicated

Ofc all of our opinions will be biased and everyone wants to have the hardest sport
    I'm curious extremely complicated how so? Techniques like periodization?

I'm curious extremely complicated how so? Techniques like periodization?
    I'll tell you when I get strong enough to have to worry about it

I'll tell you when I get strong enough to have to worry about it
    Lol then your previous point doesn't hold much weight. I still stand by my stance that bodybuilding is more taxing physically and mentally than powerlifting. Just because powerlifting can be complicated doesn't necessarily mean it's more taxing. I'll take a complicated routine over feeling like I want to punch an old lady in the face because I feel like **** and she's hogging the squat rack on top of my hormones being **** and being unable to have sex.