dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best's belt.net?

I've read excellent review of bestbelts.net for their weight belts and decided to order one. The thing is, I've yet to have any kind of order conformation and I also emailed a question a few days ago and have yet to get a response. All the reviews I've see have been above and beyond but they are all from 2010 or 2011. Has anyone ordered a belt from them recently?

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IIRC, a husband and wife team run the business. They are still open and I received and e-mail from them on a request a few weeks ago.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dcalicotte03 View Post
    I've read excellent review of bestbelts.net for their weight belts and decided to order one. The thing is, I've yet to have any kind of order conformation and I also emailed a question a few days ago and have yet to get a response. All the reviews I've see have been above and beyond but they are all from 2010 or 2011. Has anyone ordered a belt from them recently?
    Ordered a black 10mm single prong a year ago, it did take a minute for him to get back to me so I called him, sent in a check based on others reviews and recomendations here and got it in about a week, made to order - I believe it was $84 shipped, great quality too.

dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcalicotte03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dtownlifter1 View Post
    Ordered a black 10mm single prong a year ago, it did take a minute for him to get back to me so I called him, sent in a check based on others reviews and recomendations here and got it in about a week, made to order - I believe it was $84 shipped, great quality too.
    Thanks for the replys. Hasn't been too long yet so I think I'll give it till early next week. If I don't hear back by then ill give them a call.

They emailed me back this morning. Seem like nice people. Unfortunately they told me it would be about two weeks until I receive my order. Little longer than I'd like to wait but if its as good as everyone is saying then I guess it will be worth the wait

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dcalicotte03 View Post
    They emailed me back this morning. Seem like nice people. Unfortunately they told me it would be about two weeks until I receive my order. Little longer than I'd like to wait but if its as good as everyone is saying then I guess it will be worth the wait
    It's good to hear that you've heard back from the Best's, as Jackie has had some health problems and I was hoping it was okay. Dean's been running the business from his personal property forever. The bad thing is that it's a two week wait, the good thing is that any other custom belt maker would make you wait alot longer. The belt is worth it and I'm sure that it'll be to you in less than two weeks. Good luck and post photo's of it.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    says right on their website they ship 7-14 days
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    says right on their website they ship 7-14 days
    Yeah, and I think that he does that to be safe on shipping times. I've ordered two belts and mailed him the check, then recieved each belt in less than a week. It might be a little quicker for me since we are in the same state though.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm only one state over, but he got two belts out to me rather quickly.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping it will be quicker than two weeks but I'm in no hurry and yes, 7-14 days was stated on the site so no worries here. Can't wait though lol. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Got mine within a week, probably never find a better belt nor need another one any time soon.

-aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wish he made lever belts. I'd instantly go to Dean for one, as I've gotten the 10mm single prong in the past and his wife was great with communication.

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I stumbled across this thread a few weeks ago as I was looking into ordering a new belt, and thought I'd swing by to give my impressions now that it's arrived.

I ordered the 10mm athletic belt and provided my measurements per the instructions on the web site. I chose royal blue (I figured I'd go for something a little gaudy without being outright offensive--nothing says "I'm color blind!" like a fuchsia, orange, turquoise, or lime green power belt). I've used both single- and double-pronged belts in the past, and felt single prongs were less of a hassle. Given the overall strength of the belt, I doubt there's much benefit to going double-prong. I also can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to choose the 14mm over the 10mm, as the 10mm is plenty thick.

I ordered it late Sunday and received email confirmation the following evening saying that the belt would ship in two weeks. It actually shipped in about 1.5 weeks, and it arrived today via priority mail.

They "break in" their belts before shipping, and while it wasn't as flexible as the typical cheap belt found in a sporting goods store, it was relatively pliable despite its thickness. I flexed it for about a minute to soften it up*.

I guess all the "premium" belts do this, but I was surprised to see the edges of the belt were coated with some kind of black sealant. All the cheap belts I'd ever seen and used had raw leather edges. The belt seems very well made and will probably be the last belt I ever buy. I'm happy with my purchase.

*No comments from AttyGuy required.

Attached Images
    Last edited by weisgarb; 01-22-2013 at 07:15 PM.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    I opted for the convenience of a single prong. . . .

. . .Less than a minute of flexing was all it took to get rid of the remaining rigidity*.
    What?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    What?
    You should have seen the first draft. I couldn't figure out whether to post to this forum or send it to Penthouse Letters.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by -aesop- View Post
    I wish he made lever belts. I'd instantly go to Dean for one, as I've gotten the 10mm single prong in the past and his wife was great with communication.
    You might want to run it by him.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10) irishiain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    I stumbled across this thread a few weeks ago as I was looking into ordering a new belt, and thought I'd swing by to give my impressions now that it's arrived.

I ordered the 10mm athletic belt and provided my measurements per the instructions on the web site. I chose royal blue (I figured I'd go for something a little gaudy without being outright offensive--nothing says "I'm color blind!" like a fuchsia, orange, turquoise, or lime green power belt). I've used both single- and double-pronged belts in the past, and felt single prongs were less of a hassle. Given the overall strength of the belt, I doubt there's much benefit to going double-prong. I also can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to choose the 14mm over the 10mm, as the 10mm is plenty thick.

I ordered it late Sunday and received email confirmation the following evening saying that the belt would ship in two weeks. It actually shipped in about 1.5 weeks, and it arrived today via priority mail.

They "break in" their belts before shipping, and while it wasn't as flexible as the typical cheap belt found in a sporting goods store, it was relatively pliable despite its thickness. I flexed it for about a minute to soften it up*.

I guess all the "premium" belts do this, but I was surprised to see the edges of the belt were coated with some kind of black sealant. All the cheap belts I'd ever seen and used had raw leather edges. The belt seems very well made and will probably be the last belt I ever buy. I'm happy with my purchase.

*No comments from AttyGuy required.

That is the EXACT belt that I have. Great looking belt.

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ditto. I hope his wife is doing well, when I ordered mine last year I think she was ill and his website was down because she managed it or something. I feel like a dick because he asked my mom to let him know how I liked it (got it for Christmas) and I completely forgot. I need to do that.

I also have the blue premium belt and the quality is awesome. I posted pictures here somewhere, I'll find them later.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.18

I HATE lightbulbs.