Thread: protein help

mcgenius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein help

I am trying right now to cut but still get my protein per day for my size that means over 200+ grams a day. How do I get that much protein daily?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    About what percentage body fat are you?

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mcgenius View Post
    I am trying right now to cut but still get my protein per day for my size that means over 200+ grams a day. How do I get that much protein daily?
    chicken,turkey,fish,tuna,protein shakes, peanut butter....
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH

gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look at it this way..if you eat 6 eggs a day, take 3 scoops of protein with milk a day and eat 10-12 oz of chicken or other meats a day..your there.
    Check out my gig at WWW.GYMBLOGGER.NET

If you want to contact me, it's easier to reach me on there. Just leave me an email on contact page and I'll get back to you.

JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nicklyne View Post
    chicken,turkey,fish,tuna,protein shakes, peanut butter....
    This. Plus Spinach / Mushrooms / Cottage / Light Ricotta /
    It will hurt and it will take time. It will also require sacrifice, dedication. But it will be worth it!
    "Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you…”" - Matthew 8:13

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've never tried eating a whole cottage before. Hope it's made of gingerbread.

Seriously, though: spinach as a protein source? Is this real life?

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Makween View Post

I would never eat Peanut butter for protein either.... Fats and taste, yes.... protein... no.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JorgeGA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

For every 100 grams of spinach, you get 23 kcal and 3 gr of protein, rich in vitamins (A-C-E-K) and a great source of fiber. There are many ways of getting proteins, especially if you combine them. You can have more variety to your meals.

Cottage is high in proteins and has a slow digestion, really good to have it before your sleep to avoid catabolism. Give it a try, 100 grams give you up to 70 calories and 10-12 grams of protein.
    It will hurt and it will take time. It will also require sacrifice, dedication. But it will be worth it!
    "Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you…”" - Matthew 8:13

Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    I would never eat Peanut butter for protein either.... Fats and taste, yes.... protein... no.
    Same here. Always gets to me when I see PB suggested as a protein source but spinach, wtf? I love the stuff, but even Popeye didn't eat that much of it.

Originally Posted by JorgeGA View Post
    For every 100 grams of spinach, you get 23 kcal and 3 gr of protein, rich in vitamins (A-C-E-K) and a great source of fiber. There are many ways of getting proteins, especially if you combine them. You can have more variety to your meals.

Cottage is high in proteins and has a slow digestion, really good to have it before your sleep to avoid catabolism. Give it a try, 100 grams give you up to 70 calories and 10-12 grams of protein.
    OP wants 200g+ protein per day, which equates to around 6.5-8kg spinach. Good luck eating that much of it.

I had no idea that cottage was so nutritious! Just a shame the housing market is the way it is at the moment, as I think I'm stuck in my semi detached for the foreseeable future. Feelsbadman.

OP wants 200g+ protein per day, which equates to around 6.5-8kg spinach. Good luck eating that much of it.
    Hahaha of course it´s not very rational to get your entire protein intake from one source. As I said, in can give a variety to your meals. Plus, you need your fiber, why not getting them with a protein surplus? Anyway, is just an idea.

n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cottage is high in proteins and has a slow digestion, really good to have it before your sleep to avoid catabolism.
    I eat 8oz of cottage cheese every single day because I love it to pieces... But PLEASE tell me you really don't believe in catabolism over night?
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

Thumbs up

I eat 8oz of cottage cheese every single day because I love it to pieces... But PLEASE tell me you really don't believe in catabolism over night?
    Well, of what I read (including here in BB bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi16.htm) and what the nutritionist told me, yes. If you have any other reading, would appreciate if you send it. New info is always welcomed .

mcgenius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    About what percentage body fat are you?
    Bf % around 25 % I just gotta eat more meals really

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mcgenius View Post
    Bf % around 25 % I just gotta eat more meals really
    180 grams of protein is more than enough for you at this stage. Set dietary fat to 80 grams. Compose your remaining calories from whatever mix of carbs and additional protein and gat you desire.

Also, take care to ensure micronutrient sufficiency, preferable derived in the (vast) majority from whole and minimally processed foods.

Well, of what I read (including here in BB bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi16.htm) and what the nutritionist told me, yes. If you have any other reading, would appreciate if you send it. New info is always welcomed .
    I'm going to have to check exactly where I read about it, but I know I've read multiple articles that explain that if you are hitting your daily macros/micros at any point, that your body will slow digestion and use what you supply it. And it also talked about how it takes up to I wanna say 24-48 hours until your muscles will go catabolic. When I first joined on here I came to de-bunk all the myths and diet properly... and in that time I read A LOT.. I mean like weeks of reading studies/articles/etc.. but after retaining the knowledge and applying to it my life, never looked back at it. I wanna say it was research done by either Alan Aragon, Lyle Mcdonald, or Martin Berkhan.... or maybe even all three

justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

lmao the man needs over 200 grams of protein hes asking where he can get that from you.... you offer him 100 grams of spinach that has 3 grams of protein.... if you eat a banana with that spinach youll be at 4 grams!

I'm going to have to check exactly where I read about it, but I know I've read multiple articles that explain that if you are hitting your daily macros/micros at any point, that your body will slow digestion and use what you supply it. And it also talked about how it takes up to I wanna say 24-48 hours until your muscles will go catabolic. When I first joined on here I came to de-bunk all the myths and diet properly... and in that time I read A LOT.. I mean like weeks of reading studies/articles/etc.. but after retaining the knowledge and applying to it my life, never looked back at it. I wanna say it was research done by either Alan Aragon, Lyle Mcdonald, or Martin Berkhan.... or maybe even all three
    Thanks. I'll make a research

Originally Posted by justin0202 View Post
    lmao the man needs over 200 grams of protein hes asking where he can get that from you.... you offer him 100 grams of spinach that has 3 grams of protein.... if you eat a banana with that spinach youll be at 4 grams!
    Well, as I said before, it's an idea to add variety to your meals while still packing some protein. You can eat all the chicken/beef/turkey/eggs you want, but still need other nutrients.

Instead of laughing your ass off, why don't add some info to the thread? And btw, a banana has between 1-1.5 grams of protein.