Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Nervous of going into gym, ppl will make fun of me?

I'm a 17 yr old guy, just starting to work out and going to drop 30 lbs or so. I'm overweigght. Basically, my gym has a section specifically for people between the ages of 15 and 18. I never had a problem exercising around adults, as they are more mature, but most of the kids who go to my gym are skinny dbags who just do a rep, then stand around with their friends watching others.This deters me from going to the gym, I used to be able to go early morning, with nobody there, but not anymore. I get nervous for some reason when going to workout, because I';m fat. any tips?

Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no one will make fun of you for working out. everyone is at the gym for the same reason, to make themselves better! goodluck on your goals

Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try to work on your confidence.

djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10) djpastirma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I felt the same when I started, you need to be able to ignore the people that are there and just focus on why your at the gym, they may be making fun of you (I seriously doubt they are) or they aren't, even if they are then its due to they're own insecurities and you could use that as a massive motivator to work harder, we all start somewhere OP don't let anyone get between YOU and YOUR GOALS.

TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TreTee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, it's just that some people are *****rs and just hate for no reason. It's a little hard to deal with as a newbie

CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look on the bright side, while you are working your ass off to make gains, it is apparent that most of these beanpoles are chit chattin' with one another instead of working out themselves. I highly doubt they are talking about you at all. Nobody is talking about you........yet. Wait until you are pushing heavy weight, getting leaner, looking swole....then they'll be talking.

When you go to the gym, don't focus on the other people there. Grab an ipod, headphones, and turn your music up LOUD. Make it your world. Nobody else exists. Get your workout done, call it a day, and come back again.

You feel insecure. It is perfectly normal. However, you need to establish a GOAL, and realize that you can accomplish that GOAL. Focus only on achieving your goal, not what other people MAY be talking about. Besides, you have control over only one thing, yourself. You can't control what people say, bu you CAN control what they SEE. Show people at the gym that you are present, dedicated, and making progress. In no time, people will be approaching you for advice.

Good luck!
    My Diet - IIFYM - http://oi55.tinypic.com/50i9u.jpg

marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Op get to the gym.
    Put on some beast music.
    Pump that **** up loud.
    And do your thing brah!!!

Fukk everybody else!!

StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000)
    set your goals and follow through on them. like previous posters said, once you start seeing gains(and fat losses), other people start noticing too. If you are bigger(more overweight) than others, remember that when you really start seeing progress, your transformation will appear all the more extreme to others as well... So stick with it and become the transformation guy in ur gym... those skinny douchebags will admire you for it.
    ----------------------------------
    *collarbone fracture crew*
    *pescetarian crew*
    ---------
    ---

Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Smevans21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Start crushing the workouts and busting your ass and most will respect you regardless of your current fitness level.
    Redskins|Nationals|Wizards|Terps

OutdoorSociety.com

Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monty5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont worry about it bro. i am a hundred lbs overweight. i run and lift and could care less. just get it done

SuperJL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're young, friend. You won't be overweight long if you work hard. Think of how much better you'll feel about yourself when you come out of the gym every day.

Hard work, brother. Its calling you.

Don't turn away from the iron.
    "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army on your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people and raze your city." - King Phillip II
    The Spartans answered ... "If."

dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbh332 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just go in there and lift trust me no one is going to stare at you and tell you to gtfo especially younger teenagers.
    git 'er done

outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250) outofmyhead has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dude walk in do your thing, if people notice at all they are like good for him to be working out, and trust me no one will really notice you unless you are curling in the squat rack
    Put some metal in your ears, iron in your hands, and the world will turn.

smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50) smackinoff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with the others, just put on some headphones and do your thing. It would help if you had a bud to go with you. Try to keep a log of how well you do!

karlart has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) karlart has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) karlart has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TreTee123 View Post
    I'm a 17 yr old guy, just starting to work out and going to drop 30 lbs or so. I'm overweigght. Basically, my gym has a section specifically for people between the ages of 15 and 18. I never had a problem exercising around adults, as they are more mature, but most of the kids who go to my gym are skinny dbags who just do a rep, then stand around with their friends watching others.This deters me from going to the gym, I used to be able to go early morning, with nobody there, but not anymore. I get nervous for some reason when going to workout, because I';m fat. any tips?
    Bringing a friend to workout with helps loads for me. If you have to go solo for whatever reason headphones and a crazy playlist will work wonders! Just stay focused on you, good luck!

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nobody cares about you or what your doing at the gym. Only one that cares or judges you will be you.

Go work out, and after the first day, you won't have a problem walking in.

Nothing wrong with someone in the gym making a difference for them selfs.
    USMC.
    "If there’s no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm."

proudmanlets bodyguard IanPhelps's Avatar
    IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IanPhelps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm actually more conscious of myself now then i was when i started.

I currently work out around 2-3 am when the gym is empty.

Otherwise i fear that everyone will think i'm weak, skinny, ugly.
    "Come over here, then," I said. He responded with, "You come over here.'I didn't hesitate. I got up and walked over to the foot of his bed.

*proudmanlets manmore bodyguard*
    *If you take my posts as serious you're probably retarded crew*
    *People think i'm squinting all the time crew*
    *Vocaroo Crew*

*hi you*

Location: Nottingham, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    SharpyNFFC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I first started I was 16 stone at 16 & to make it worse, I'm ginger haha.

Just go and don't care about other people.

calzaghe82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    people probably wont make fun of you. or they may ridicule you in your head. but you will probably be self concious and feel that everyone is staring at you and making fun of you. i felt the same way ( didnt help that i started working out at a hardcore powerlifting gym) but after a while you become one of the people who the new guys are intimidated by

nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Noone really cares what people are working with. I only hate it when the people don't put their weights away after they are done.
    My vids
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nykwan1/videos

legday83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People are not going to be paying attention to you. Everyone is really just stuck in their own head and worrying about themselves. You'll do fine. Congratulations on taking the first step,bro!

Devilmaycry23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Listen dude...

There are always bad seeds at gyms :P we all know that... however most of the people (myself) are really happy to welcome new folks... especially people who are out of the shape and who have really strong will to come and do something about it... You should feel like a star dude... be confident, make some friends dont be shy to talk and ask for advices... Be yourself

Respect for that you are one of this people who are doing something instead of talking that they will lose weight but all they do is sitting on their sofas and watch some stupid tv shows :P

Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let them sit there, do one rep, watch you get fuarkin RIPPED and then see who's laughin brah.
    NCSF Certified Personal Trainer
    Kettlebell, Pre-Post Natal, ViPR, Loaded Movement,
    Trigger Point, Boxing, Animal Flow and Progressive Bodyweight Training Certified.

xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't worry, since you're a bigger fella you'll be twice as strong as those toothpicks in no time.

Registered User AlwaysBeShepard's Avatar
    AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The majority of other people at the gym will be the those people who know what they are doing and are serious about it - these people couldn't give less of a fawk what shape you're in, they're there to work on themselves and if anything they might notice your persistence and determination and they will respect you for being there regularly and working hard to change yourself.

The only thing you could do wrong is to give up and stop going. You could be the fattest, weakest dude in the world but no-one's gonna make fun of you if you're regularly in the gym busting your arse to improve your body, people can only respect that.

The gym is a place for self-improvement, you're there for you, no-one else!

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't worry about what others think. Get in there, put on your headphones and go to work! Those skinny Dbags who are talking to their friends that you mentioned.. They are the one's looking stupid at the end of the day. Little do they know the hard workers are mentally shaking their heads at them.

zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zeronotyethero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know that feel OP. I've been working out at home... but I feel that's why I'm not getting anywhere in relation to my "progress". At home I have too many distractions, crappy equipment, and I end up putting it off until later on in the day or not doing it all together.

I have mixed feelings about going to my uni gym. Honestly I'm scared of being judged (I'm skinny-fat ATM). It's stupid I know, but I'm going to swallow my pride and stop by tomorrow (first day of school) and get set up at the gym (get a locker, pass, etc). Wish me luck and good luck in overcoming your nerves.

biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggie87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP, i was in the same situation.. and trust me all you go to do is ignor them and do your thing, go hard, sweat your ass of and work hard. when you start seeing results (in your case weight loss) you will start feeling more confident, and it will just come natural for you to go to the gym no matter what time it is and no matter how many people are at the gym. belive me just ignor all the haters, if they are starring at you just ignor them and do your thing. you are not going to the gym for them you are going for yourself!!!
    "you have to get ugly to get big" Kevan Wilson.
    YEAHHHHHHH BUDDDDY

acidhuman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've started lifting at 17 as well. Helps if you have a friend to go with, but if not do what others said, put on headphones and just work hard. To be honest I work out with pretty big guys and when we see someone young and unfit guys, all we do is remember ourselves at 17 and never think a single bad thing. We even come up and guide them in the right direction if we see them doing something wrong.

So don't worry, older people will look at you and see themselves years ago and will likely try to help.

BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Insecurity is a problem everyone faces. All you can do is focus on yourself, and your workout. Don't let a bunch a losers stop you from being a winner