Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ianthegamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Pre workout for energy solely

Okay so im not looking to bulk up or hulk out. I want to get back to a more lean bodytype and dont need the extra creatine boost or extreme pump for larger stature( some pump is good to help with reps im doing).

So Im looking for a great kick of energy to get me to the gym after a boring day at work where im too lazy to get up, endurance to help me through my sets and cardio portion, and anything that flushes the system for more lean muscle development.

Im essentially looking for a more lean athletic body and not so much Gears of War/ Jersey shore gym rat body. I have complete respect for people able to accomplish that look cause lets face it the body isnt naturally made to contain that much power.

So far I have tried Jack3d which worked fine though im not too sure it supplys me with anything other than energy or if its counter productive in that it has creatine. Ive also tried White Flood which I found to do absolutely nothing other than send me to the restroom shortly after use. I have tried other pre workouts in the past but cant remember what they were.

Any help on the best pre workout for:
    energy
    endurance for running/cardio
    lean muscle geared nutrition
    pump to help finish sets (might be more endurance or stamina related)
    bonus*-recovery

If my workout routine is needed to justify what i might need to buy thats fine just let me know.
    thanks for any suggestions.

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creatine in a preworkout will not set you back at all. Consuming 3-5g of creatine per day is actually what you should aim for.

Have you ever looked into ErgoPump. It gives a nice clean energy boost, and great focus. Its also B1G1 free right now, so its really reasonably priced per serving.
    Official MuscleTech Representative

Anarchy Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    #Shatter SX-7 Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    Creactor Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Platinum Multivitamin Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Hydroxycut SX-7 Non- Stim Buy 2 Get 1 Free

RIP Dewey99

My protein recipe website - www.bakewithprotein.com

i figured the creatine wasnt enough to cause bulking /water weight effects but with how some stuff is advertised it sets me off. I might be the odd man out who doesn't want to look bulky which all the ads and info advertise.

looking at it now. seems to do what I want in a product. Is the energy tops as comparable to jack3d?

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    $5.49 gives you 100 tablets of 200 mg each.

All you need is one before you hit the gym, which is nice if you are a morning trainee and don't like to drink a bunch of coffee to give you the 200 mg of caffeine. That ends up costing just 5.5 cents for your pre-workout energy supplement!

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ianthegamer View Post
    i figured the creatine wasnt enough to cause bulking /water weight effects but with how some stuff is advertised it sets me off. I might be the odd man out who doesn't want to look bulky which all the ads and info advertise.

looking at it now. seems to do what I want in a product. Is the energy tops as comparable to jack3d?
    Jack3d is one that I actually haven't tried, so unfortunately can't compare for you.

The people who have the water weight effects from creatine are getting a lot more then 5g of creatine per day. If you were to stick to 3-5g then you wouldn't have any issue whatsoever.

I am a 115lb lady, who takes 3g per day and I haven't bloated.

RIP Dewey99

Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Okay so im not looking to bulk up or hulk out. I want to get back to a more lean bodytype and dont need the extra creatine boost or extreme pump for larger stature( some pump is good to help with reps im doing).
    Creatine will NOT make you into a mass machine. By itself atleast.

So Im looking for a great kick of energy to get me to the gym after a boring day at work where im too lazy to get up, endurance to help me through my sets and cardio portion, and anything that flushes the system for more lean muscle development.
    Nutrition and proper rest will help out with this alot too. Some carbs 1hr before working out and help alot.

Im essentially looking for a more lean athletic body and not so much Gears of War/ Jersey shore gym rat body. I have complete respect for people able to accomplish that look cause lets face it the body isnt naturally made to contain that much power.
    This will be largerly determined via genetics and training regime. Supplements will have little impact here IMO.

So far I have tried Jack3d which worked fine though im not too sure it supplys me with anything other than energy or if its counter productive in that it has creatine. Ive also tried White Flood which I found to do absolutely nothing other than send me to the restroom shortly after use. I have tried other pre workouts in the past but cant remember what they were.
    Creatine is energy, in essence. It will not make you less energetic, if that is what you are thinkging.

Any help on the best pre workout for:
    energy
    endurance for running/cardio
    lean muscle geared nutrition
    pump to help finish sets (might be more endurance or stamina related)
    bonus*-recovery
    Energy: As snorkleman posted. test and works everytime. Also like I said carbs and rest.
    Endurance: Look into bulk Beta Alanine.
    Nutrition: Go to the nutrition section and read the stickies.
    Pump to finish sets: I think you have the wrong "pump." We normally use pump to mean filling the muscles with blood/O2/water for a more "full" look. This is most likely as you stated a result of poor endurance or stamina. Beta Alanine and/or Creatine may help here though.
    Recovery: Rest and Nutrition

edit: reading though my post it sounds like I'm drunk. I don't feel like fixing all the spelling/grammar mistakes. The point still gets across though.

Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by melaneybh View Post
    Jack3d is one that I actually haven't tried, so unfortunately can't compare for you.

The people who have the water weight effects from creatine are getting a lot more then 5g of creatine per day. If you were to stick to 3-5g then you wouldn't have any issue whatsoever.

I am a 115lb lady, who takes 3g per day and I haven't bloated.
    Just to add on to her:
    The water retention that creatine causes shouldn't be enough to make anyone look like the marshmellow man. I'm wanting to say it is 5-10lbs tops of water weight gained. The "bloat" isn't enough to make someone look like Jay Cutler or to look like a fatass. This is always blown way out of line for some reason.

yes. seems im using the term pump incorrectly.

i didnt think there was something to help build a more lean body but i only said that to stay away from anything that bulks.

So for now it seems im not needing any supplements other than caffeine pills for energy and protein and rest for recovery. Seems simple enough. what are the benefits of buying all the pre workout powders as apposed to just caffeine pills? There must be something more being accomplished with pre workout powders are is what you two are getting at is that its all fluff/placebo effect and not essential?

thanks for all the help so far.

i didnt think there was something to help build a more lean body but i only said that to stay away from anything that bulks.

So for now it seems im not needing any supplements other than caffeine pills for energy and protein and rest for recovery. Seems simple enough. what are the benefits of buying all the pre workout powders as apposed to just caffeine pills? There must be something more being accomplished with pre workout powders are is what you two are getting at is that its all fluff/placebo effect and not essential?

Some of the extra goodies are fluff, some work extermely well for endurance, some help build muscle, some help with recovery, some are just there to increase the price. It would take forever to type out every ingredient that could possibly be in a supplement.

You can always use this site http://examine.com/ Just search a specific ingredient and see if there are any studies supporting it and what it is used for. Also look at these two threads: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132306613 http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=769390 If you see a specific ingredient and are confused, feel free to post and i'm sure someone will help you out.

And yes if you are looking for just energy, caffeine tabs are just fine.

Caffeine is purely a stimulant that provides energy, so that is where it differs from a pre workout... With pre workouts you get added benefits, such as focus, pump, help recovery, some provide beta-alanine tingles, enhance N.O production, add endurance, etc.

RIP Dewey99

em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SNS caffeine 120ct bottles for $5(501 ct for $15) + Adrena G for under $20...thats a lot of workout

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    G-Fuel is just what your looking for
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    G-Fuel is just what your looking for
    I must say, G-fuel is delicious
    Last edited by melaneybh; 01-20-2013 at 06:53 PM.

RIP Dewey99

not to knock the caffeine pills and adrena G cause its enticing to just find what what i need individually and consume it before working out to make my own pre workout ... but im a sucker for ready mades (american) and a little flavor. Out of the two G Fuel and Ergo Pump which would be the best in terms of whats provided in the blend?

Obviously Ergo Pump is the best value at b1g1 and G Fuel seems to be less filler and more natural but what is the better of the two?

Also anyone else that wants to add to the discussion please do. I know inthe end its all preference but im interested in what people think and use

I honestly like them both. If you plan on ordering through bb.com I would say go with ErgoPump right now, as G Fuel is backordered in all flavours.

RIP Dewey99

Bought the Ergopump. I resist the deal based on the positive reviews. Once im done with it I will try G Fuel

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bought the Ergopump. I resist the deal based on the positive reviews. Once im done with it I will try G Fuel
    You'll be a happy camper with ErgoPump
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

You will enjoy the Ergopump And when you do try G Fuel, you'll definitely enjoy it too.

RIP Dewey99

edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edyeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just to add my two pennies, consider musce pharm assault too. Where it doesnt give you the "focus";energy, pump & strength gains are significantly noticable. Check it out!

TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000)
    Something to consider, if you use a pre-workout late in the day, you may have trouble getting to bed. I would suggest waking up early enough to get a workout in before work or maybe even working out at lunch.

HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50) HilaryClinton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Focus XT or Craze no doubt

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    well i highly recommend AAEFX'S KOTIC pre workout supplement. i've been using it for a couple years now and i love it, i wouldnt trade it for any other pwo out there now. just one scoop gives me all the energy, focus and pump i need to get through my entire workout. it does contain their patented kre-alkalyn creatine, but thats not gonna make you look like the incredible hulk. the energy you're looking for is something that definitely comes with taking kotic. and remember, that to gain lean muscle you need to eat good amounts of clean foods.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

workhard165 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like Cellucor c4 extreme. It does have creatine but not too much and i have never retained water from using it. It is great for energy.

SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post

All > arginine

As for creatine, some want it and some don't.

-SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -SDR- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    NeuroSurge.. Its also BOGO until the end of the month.
    Neogenix // neogenix.net

Follow us on ********, Instagram and Twitter for exclusive sales, promotions, and other great offers:

********: http://www.********.com/pages/neogenix/107606589275077
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/neogenix_direct
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/neogenix

Want Samples of Velocity ULTRA? Send any of our reps a PM with your address!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/neogenix/velocity-ultra.html

iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The original jack3d for raw energy. Using muscle marinade now it is very high stim as well but many more ingredients

CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10) CelesteD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    iSatori PWR--

This stuff out performs most every PWO on the market. I"m not a stim-sensitive person at all and this REVS me up 15-20 minutes after consumption and lasts for hours. I had no crash with this either. Out of the whole container, I only used one scoop per workout and got the same result: a solid power work out. My focus was laser-beam. I looked forward to every work out and every lift every rep.

I understand not wanting a 'creatine pump' as it's important for me to look lean as well. However, I did not find any issues with swelling on this product, but I did have exponentially more strength with it than without it.
    Celeste Monique De Vore
    NPC Bikini Competitor
    iSatori Rep

https://www.********.com/celeste.m.devore
    www.celestedevore.com

"Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that is real power." ~Clint Eastwood

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechJake's Avatar
    MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000) MuscleTechJake is a name known to all. (+5000)

NeuroCore for a ton of energy. If you like that zoned in focus feeling as well you'll be happy with it.
    Team MuscleTech Rep

★ VOTE PHASE8 – Nominated for Supplement of the Year, Breakout Supplement of the Year, and Best Overall Protein Powder ★
    ★Combine your 10% OFF Coupon Code for Voting with any of the deals below!★

B1G1 FREE PHASE8 (4.4 Lb Tubs!!)
    B1G1 FREE CREACORE (All Flavors!)
    B1G1 FREE NEUROCORE

★★★ FREE MuscleTech Samples ★★★ (Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite, NeuroCore, Anabolic Halo)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151312683

doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) doza808 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    White Flood by Controlled Labs. Excellent amount of energy. No jitters or downing.