Thread: help needed

serioussnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help needed

ive just signed up to this site because im fed up of trying different things and not getting results. it may be down to the fact that im not sticking to my training regime but its been too long now, and im motivated to change. Im 19, 5ft6 and weigh 164lb. i assume my body fat is near the 20%mark or hopefully just a little less. i need something that will help me burn away fat whilst maintaing my muscle or even packing some on, because at the moment the muscle i do have is hard to see under the layer of fat. any suggestions on diet and on a workout programme would be much appreciated. timescale is around 2-3months

lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by serioussnake View Post
    ive just signed up to this site because im fed up of trying different things and not getting results. it may be down to the fact that im not sticking to my training regime but its been too long now, and im motivated to change. Im 19, 5ft6 and weigh 164lb. i assume my body fat is near the 20%mark or hopefully just a little less. i need something that will help me burn away fat whilst maintaing my muscle or even packing some on, because at the moment the muscle i do have is hard to see under the layer of fat. any suggestions on diet and on a workout programme would be much appreciated. timescale is around 2-3months
    Bold is why
    ‘'The best way to predict the future is to create it.’’

MY PROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: MP762081

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Losing weight is about being in a calorie deficit. You could have been doing that this entire time regardless of which routine you were running.
    Pick a routine that fits your training level (I'm guessing beginner) and eat 10% less than your TDEE. Monitor weight once a week (to account for fluctuations) and take an average after a month. Aim for a pound loss per week.
    To see what your deficit should be and what your macro minimums to hit daily are see this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

You may or may not gain some muscle while cutting but it doesn't matter. You have two different goals (lose body fat and gain weight). You have to pick one and work that goal until you are satisfied. Then you work on the other. My guess is that you haven't made a lot of progress recently because you were trying to do both at the same time. Now you know.

MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's the problem:

1. Losing Fat
    2. Gaining Muscle
    3. Living in our universe [naturally]

Choose 2.