Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking to hire a online trainer/nutritionist

Hi,

Looking for the best of the best.

Really looking for someone to help me on my path to success.

Can anyone chime in who to approach?

Thanks in advance

I'm about 45-60 lbs overweight.

35 years old
    240lbs
    5"10
    Probably in the high 20's for body fat percentage but not sure.

Basically looking for a online coach who can help
    Last edited by Manny735; 01-20-2013 at 11:58 AM.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manny735 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you, how does a online trainer compare to a more conventional one on one kind?

Cost comparison?

GT98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Manny735 View Post
    Thank you, how does a online trainer compare to a more conventional one on one kind?

Cost comparison?
    Hey there,

An online trainer differs from the conventional one on one approach in a few ways. Firstly and foremost, when I start out with my clients, I like to do a movement analysis on them to determine if they have any imbalances in their movement. We have to address these imbalances to ensure a strong and solid frame to build on. Just like building a house, you have to have a solid foundation.

Secondly, when teaching exercises we have to see how our form is. Seeing a picture Is one thing but applying it is something else. If you're comfortable with your form then it's a great start.

As for cost, I range anywhere from $40/session all the way to $100. Expect in the lower range for someone online. I would love to help you out if you're interested.

Jared

5-20-2017 NPC Optimum C Cronos1247's Avatar
    Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    ^ Best of the best.
    MTS Nutrition Houston rep.
    "No BS, no hype. Just results."

Upcoming show NPC Optimum Classics: 5-20-2017

"I don't believe in following any one training style. I couldn't tell what DC or H.I.T. or FST-7 entail. I have no clue and really don't give a ****. I go to the gym to train hard. I don't need to follow a ****ing "program" to do that." - Evan Centopani

Originally Posted by GT98 View Post
    Hey there,

An online trainer differs from the conventional one on one approach in a few ways. Firstly and foremost, when I start out with my clients, I like to do a movement analysis on them to determine if they have any imbalances in their movement. We have to address these imbalances to ensure a strong and solid frame to build on. Just like building a house, you have to have a solid foundation.

Secondly, when teaching exercises we have to see how our form is. Seeing a picture Is one thing but applying it is something else. If you're comfortable with your form then it's a great start.

As for cost, I range anywhere from $40/session all the way to $100. Expect in the lower range for someone online. I would love to help you out if you're interested.

Jared

Thank you for your response, I will make a decision shortly

Originally Posted by Cronos1247 View Post
    ^ Best of the best.
    I have sent Mr Layne a email,waiting for response

89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have sent Mr Layne a email,waiting for response
    Probably take a little while to reply, no doubt he's one of the busiest people in the fitness industry
    YouTube Fitness - www.youtube.com/1989JohnnyD
    YouTube Gaming - www.youtube.com/JohnnyDGaming89
    ******** - www.********.com/JohnnyD1989
    Twitter - @JohnnyDF1989
    Instagram - JohnnyDF89
    PSN - JohnnyDF89
    Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969931

Originally Posted by 89JVH View Post
    Probably take a little while to reply, no doubt he's one of the busiest people in the fitness industry
    No doubt,will wait and see

MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Manny I'm just curious, why do you want a online trainer instead of a physical trainer?
    Mike Esparza
    Esparza Fitness
    Personal Training & Fitness Classes
    www.esparzafitness.com
    www.********.com/esparzafitness

Originally Posted by MikeEsp_Fit View Post
    Manny I'm just curious, why do you want a online trainer instead of a physical trainer?
    Mike,

Pretty simple,cost for one,normally a on line coach is cheaper then in person,i understand the basics,really need somone to lay a foundation for me,help with calorie intake,food,and basically someone to be accountable for.

I feel i am eating the wrong foods,wrong training,just need a fresh perspective to be honest.

gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mike,

Pretty simple,cost for one,normally a on line coach is cheaper then in person,i understand the basics,really need somone to lay a foundation for me,help with calorie intake,food,and basically someone to be accountable for.

I feel i am eating the wrong foods,wrong training,just need a fresh perspective to be honest.
    Your right..online fitness coaches are cheaper

Online fitness coaches have pros and cons

Pros- cheaper, usually easier to maintain contact etc
    Cons-good for diet info and motivation etc.but not good for the work out portion

When I coach someone online, I formulate a diet for them..give them email, txt and skype assistance etc. Usually I set them on a path, answer questions throughout the week and have a status meeting on the weekend.
    Check out my gig at WWW.GYMBLOGGER.NET

If you want to contact me, it's easier to reach me on there. Just leave me an email on contact page and I'll get back to you.

FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

Looking for the best of the best.

Really looking for someone to help me on my path to success.

Can anyone chime in who to approach?

Thanks in advance

I'm about 45-60 lbs overweight.

35 years old
    240lbs
    5"10
    Probably in the high 20's for body fat percentage but not sure.

Basically looking for a online coach who can help
    Don't waste ur time with an online fitness trainer. The most they can do to help you is with nutrition information, all of which is free information right here on bodybuilding.com
    At the moment i'm following the Lee Labrada Lean Body 12 week program, found here bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer.html
    Tells you exactly what workouts to do and tells you what to eat.

What I gather from nutrition is that
    1. Should only eat complex carbs, such as sweet potato, brown rice, brown bread etc.
    2. Only drink water. Can have teas/coffee but without sweeteners and high fat creamers.
    3. Your plate should be seperate into thirds, Proteins, Carbs and Vegetables.

I'm on day 5 of this program so far and its kept me motivated and always looking forward to the next day.

gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FreakFace7 View Post
    Don't waste ur time with an online fitness trainer. The most they can do to help you is with nutrition information, all of which is free information right here on bodybuilding.com
    At the moment i'm following the Lee Labrada Lean Body 12 week program, found here bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer.html

1. Should only eat complex carbs, such as sweet potato, brown rice, brown bread etc.
    2. Only drink water. Can have teas/coffee but without sweeteners and high fat creamers.

I'm on day 5 of this program so far and its kept me motivated and always looking forward to the next day.
    I disagree..I think that online fitness trainers can be of great assistance. You have to remember that some people have NO clue what to eat, when to eat, when to train or how to train. Some people need assistance even if its the online approach

If you want to contact me, it's easier to reach me on there. Just leave me an email on contact page and I'll get back to you.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Manny,
    Do your research and get referrals.
    This is the internet and sometimes well you should already know some things may not be as they seem.
    Weight watchers is pretty basic for weight loss and you have someone to be accountable to every week in person than on the net.
    Maybe get online training advice but i believe when you have to see someone eye to eye your more likely to stay on course.

FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FreakFace7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gymblogger View Post
    I disagree..I think that online fitness trainers can be of great assistance. You have to remember that some people have NO clue what to eat, when to eat, when to train or how to train. Some people need assistance even if its the online approach
    Yet thats exactly what these free programs on bb.com teach you. Online fitness trainer may be cheaper, but its definitely not worth the money.

well thats your opinion. But Ive coached several ppl online that would tell you different!

Originally Posted by gymblogger View Post
    well thats your opinion. But Ive coached several ppl online that would tell you different!
    I'm not saying that it wouldn't help. I'm sure you've helped many, i'm just saying all this information is free for people to do it themselves.
    Grats to you and the people you've helped out.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't help. I'm sure you've helped many, i'm just saying all this information is free for people to do it themselves.
    Grats to you and the people you've helped out.
    You are correct on that....and thats the method I use also...If I wnna find something, I look it up. But Ive found that there is a HUGE number ppl that dont wnna look stuff up and they would rather just ask a real person.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The internet contains so much driven (including BB.com articles) that it can make it very difficult for an overwhelmed new person to find useful information amongst the rest. Although I am still studying to be a trainer, I do have a teaching degree, and one thing I learned is that all people learn differently - some prefer to do it themselves with their own research, others need more guidance and in different ways. There is nothing wrong with that, if that is what a person wants to do. All people learn differently. There are also outside factors as to why one would want an in-person or online (distance) trainer - availability of specialization, availability of hours, work or family obligations that require last minute changes to schedule, etc.

OP- I have personally hired Kim LaChance and she has an excellent reputation on here, if you are interested. She does of course also have many male clients. http://www.iron-kim.com/

There is no dispute that Layne knows his stuff too, although I have heard he has quite the waiting list now. You can't go wrong with Layne either.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)

See, that is the problem with searching out your own internet advice - why do you say those things in the bold? Do you know that many fit people, even in contest prep, use sweetners and creamers on a daily basis and attain great results? Vegetables ARE carbs. Why brown instead of white rice? Of course, an online trainer could spout the same thing but in getting referrals, our OP can find a reputable online trainer who can answer those questions and explain why some of your recommendations are not necessary.

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    The internet contains so much driven (including BB.com articles) that it can make it very difficult for an overwhelmed new person to find useful information amongst the rest. Although I am still studying to be a trainer, I do have a teaching degree, and one thing I learned is that all people learn differently - some prefer to do it themselves with their own research, others need more guidance and in different ways. There is nothing wrong with that, if that is what a person wants to do. All people learn differently. There are also outside factors as to why one would want an in-person or online (distance) trainer - availability of specialization, availability of hours, work or family obligations that require last minute changes to schedule, etc.

OP- I have personally hired Kim LaChance and she has an excellent reputation on here, if you are interested. She does of course also have many male clients.
    There is no dispute that Layne knows his stuff too, although I have heard he has quite the waiting list now. You can't go wrong with Layne either.

This,

I am so overwhelmed by the load of information out there that i cannot differentiate what will work for me.

I can either go the trial and error route which has not worked in 15 years.

I really need a professional in the field to guide me to some extent.

5-20-2017 NPC Optimum C Cronos1247's Avatar
    Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I also disagree that an online trainer isn't an efficient way to go about things. Not everybody on here can simply follow what diet and workout that is posted on a website, everybody will respond differently to any diet/training protocol. There's no way that a laid out diet will have the same results for any two people with all of the variables (BF%, training background, lifestyle, etc).

I can also say that an online coach will not always be cheaper, I know Laynes rates and they are definitely more expensive than meeting with a coach periodically (in most cases I would imagine, I can only speak from my personal experiences).
    MTS Nutrition Houston rep.
    "No BS, no hype. Just results."

Upcoming show NPC Optimum Classics: 5-20-2017

"I don't believe in following any one training style. I couldn't tell what DC or H.I.T. or FST-7 entail. I have no clue and really don't give a ****. I go to the gym to train hard. I don't need to follow a ****ing "program" to do that." - Evan Centopani

Originally Posted by Cronos1247 View Post
    I also disagree that an online trainer isn't an efficient way to go about things. Not everybody on here can simply follow what diet and workout that is posted on a website, everybody will respond differently to any diet/training protocol. There's no way that a laid out diet will have the same results for any two people with all of the variables (BF%, training background, lifestyle, etc).

I can also say that an online coach will not always be cheaper, I know Laynes rates and they are definitely more expensive than meeting with a coach periodically (in most cases I would imagine, I can only speak from my personal experiences).

I kind of figured Laynes rates will be higher,i might have to go with someone else,i know cheaper is not always better but i think i should rethink getting best of the best.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just my opinion as a trainer in the industry, but I think online training is one of the biggest rackets to hit the industry. I personally know probably half a dozen female trainers who do online "training" and contest prep - but their programs consist of them giving the same workouts and diet to everyone. One girl I know in my city just graduated from college, placed in one untested physique show (blatantly using high amounts of steroids) and is now shilling herself out for $250 a month giving her clients the exact same program sheets she used for her show. I know this because I've seen them. And the scarier thing is that she knows absolutely nothing about proper training beyond what she did to herself.

This is a trend I have seen with online trainers as a general whole, male or female. There is no individuality beyond maybe adjusting for the clients weight and possibly if they have any physical limitations for certain movements. And even that usually consists of "oh, your shoulder hurts? Then do back instead."

The unfortunate thing is that due to the lower cost a lot of people hire these trainers without realizing the truth behind their "designed program".

I'm sure higher level people like Layne Norton might provide a bit more but I fail to see how it ever replaces one on one individual attention where the trainer and client are focused on each other for an entire hour and the trainer is making adjustments and motivating the client in real time. Just my opinion, of course but you will never see me recommend anyone hire a personal trainer that they never see in person.

Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    Just my opinion as a trainer in the industry, but I think online training is one of the biggest rackets to hit the industry. I personally know probably half a dozen female trainers who do online "training" and contest prep - but their programs consist of them giving the same workouts and diet to everyone. One girl I know in my city just graduated from college, placed in one untested physique show (blatantly using high amounts of steroids) and is now shilling herself out for $250 a month giving her clients the exact same program sheets she used for her show. I know this because I've seen them. And the scarier thing is that she knows absolutely nothing about proper training beyond what she did to herself.

This is a trend I have seen with online trainers as a general whole, male or female. There is no individuality beyond maybe adjusting for the clients weight and possibly if they have any physical limitations for certain movements. And even that usually consists of "oh, your shoulder hurts? Then do back instead."

The unfortunate thing is that due to the lower cost a lot of people hire these trainers without realizing the truth behind their "designed program".

I'm sure higher level people like Layne Norton might provide a bit more but I fail to see how it ever replaces one on one individual attention where the trainer and client are focused on each other for an entire hour and the trainer is making adjustments and motivating the client in real time. Just my opinion, of course but you will never see me recommend anyone hire a personal trainer that they never see in person.

Some valid points,I do not need a partner in the gym,I need a coach behind the scenes.

Help with nutrition,advice,troubleshoot,make a plan for my bodytype.

I am sick of working out for 15 years and without gains.

50 lbs is what I need to lose but paying a Personal trainer 1k a month is not ideal for me at this time.

I am looking for help for the long haul.

I want someone to guide me,I am overwhelmed by the amount of information on the net,what works for me?

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.********.com/DUPTrainingRevolution?fref=ts

That is another trainer that can help that has a doctorate in Exercise Physiology. Dr. Norton has actually been doing his training programs and gaining a good deal of strength. He may be much more focused on your programming than your nutrition, but I'm sure he can help you enough in both departments. And I am sure he will be a lot cheaper than Dr. Norton.
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

That is another trainer that can help that has a doctorate in Exercise Physiology. Dr. Norton has actually been doing his training programs and gaining a good deal of strength. He may be much more focused on your programming than your nutrition, but I'm sure he can help you enough in both departments. And I am sure he will be a lot cheaper than Dr. Norton.[/QUOTE]

Thanks much appreciated,I will check it out

Thanks much appreciated,I will check it out
    No problem. I feel like I'm just spamming online trainers now but I got one more for you!

http://optimalvitalitysystems.com/

This guy actually has prices on his website so you can see and compare it to others without even having to e-mail him or anything like that.
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    No problem. I feel like I'm just spamming online trainers now but I got one more for

This guy actually has prices on his website so you can see and compare it to others without even having to e-mail him or anything like that.

How come I cannot see the prices?