Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'10", 182 lbs
    TheWannaBe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit TheWannaBe's BodySpace

The Superman Program.....HELP!

Jim Stoppani recently released a program in Muscle and Fitness called "The Superman Program." In the program, you train every body part twice a week, giving you 4 days a week of working out and 3 days off; yet, this is not what I'm concerned with. What I'm concerned with is the training schedule. The training schedule looks like this:
    Day 1: Chest/Back/shoulders/calves
    Day 2: Legs/Abs/Bis/Tris/forearms
    Day 3: OFF
    Day 4: Same as day one
    Day 5: Same as day two
    Day 6: OFF
    Day 7: OFF

I know I don't have to follow this program exactly, but with my work schedule in the fall (bulk season), I have to use this same schedule. My ULTIMATE concern is with how you are going to train Chest/Back and Bis/Tris back-to-back days. As you all know, Chest hit the triceps and back hits the biceps. Then, immediately after moderately working the triceps and biceps the day before, you blast each of them in an arm workout. Someone please provide me with some guidance. I feel like this is overtraining somewhat - however, I'm only an intermediate lifter, so I don't possess that much lifting knowledge.

Stats: 6'0", 700 lbs
    DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekEt has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DerekEt's BodySpace
    It's ok to train Biceps/Triceps the day after Back/Chest if the program is written properly. That being said, this program is not written properly. I 99% guarantee that you will not be recovered on Day4 if you trained Biceps/Triceps/Forearms only 36-48h before with high volume ; your bench will drop. You should be wary listening to people that write programs like this, because the reality is, they just write stuff for "hype" and to make $$. He probably also realizes that this is a bad program, but the reality is he probably didn't even write it.

Stats: 5'7", 163 lbs
    IX763 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit IX763's BodySpace
    I was looking at this plan today in M&F, and my concern was the same as above. But if you read the Super Specifics beforehand, he mentions that the number of sets total throughout the week per body group is adequate, that you're in a way splitting each body part's workout in half to hit it twice/week. Hitting each body part more than once/week seems more appropriate for someone like myself, who is still fairly new to lifting, as opposed to someone more experienced whose muscles need more recovery time. That's what I got from it; I definitely see DerekEt's point though.

Stats: 6'0", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 50
    pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pan2sa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit pan2sa's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by DerekEt View Post
    It's ok to train Biceps/Triceps the day after Back/Chest if the program is written properly. That being said, this program is not written properly. I 99% guarantee that you will not be recovered on Day4 if you trained Biceps/Triceps/Forearms only 36-48h before with high volume ; your bench will drop. You should be wary listening to people that write programs like this, because the reality is, they just write stuff for "hype" and to make $$. He probably also realizes that this is a bad program, but the reality is he probably didn't even write it.
    Only someone who didn't read the entire program would make this statement. This isnt a mass building program, instead its a fat burning burning program.. That said, I'm in week three and ALL my lifts have gone up. The workouts are BRUTAL and you're going to be sore for days, but it'll work.

BTW, there's a reason why this program should only be used for 5 weeks...

Stats: 5'6", 165 lbs
    Stephen89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Stephen89's BodySpace
    This training style is typical of Dr. Stopanni's programs. Look at Shortcut To Size, Shortcut to Shred, all the MF Rock Hard Challenges, FitterFasterLeaner...I have been following his programs and advice for 4 plus years, have asked numerous questions to him, and every time, I get the results promised. His programs are based on science and research. If your timid- ask him on Twitter- he will answert you directly. This program has enough rest time built in to have you ready for the next day. The nutrition required for this training will help with your recovery as well. Your biceps and triceps are auxiliary muscle on chest and back days- this programs movements seem to focus in isolation( not a 100%. but close to it) limiting fatigue the following day so you can train.