Thread: Distended Abs

SpotterBob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Distended Abs

Hello everybody, it is my first post here and I'm looking for a bit of advice...

I am a newbie, and I have been hitting the gym by myself without a trainer for a while (mistake) and I think I've been messing things up. I've been working on my abs but I found that they've developed to kind of stick out like a belly past my chest. I've tried planks, vacuums, and stretches for my hip flexors but uhh I dunno if it's helping prevent them from sticking out :-/

I haven't really been taking weightlifting too seriously but now I've started to realize that it can really change the way your body looks and works. Would anybody have any advice on the right way to go from here? Is it a poor posture/scoliosis thing? Should I just stop?
    Attached Images

elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome Op you need a workout routine and a food log of what you eating.. imo i think you should clean bulk and lift hard good luck..
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=655657063&posted=1#post655657063 = first cut back in 2010

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696761&p=1064656001#post1064656001 = second cut 2013

Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eddybrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol don't worry it's just water retention

ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImmenseGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your posture could be improved, but that isnt whats causing this. You have to lower your bf% and continue working them if you want to see them. Just because you're skinny doesnt mean you can easily get abs.

I wouldnt reccomend you cut right now to lower your bf%, you'll look really skinny. Bulk up while keeping bf% as low as possible, then cut down to ~10%.

MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This could be a lot of different things like stated above me OR it could be

Transverse abdominis. (TVA) Your inner abdomen wall could be weak and cause your abdomen to protrude.

Do stomach Vacuums and planks

Try exhaling completely, then suck in your stomach completely as much as you can for 25 - 30 seconds ( pull your belly button towards your spine)
    I think you know how to perform a plank.

Do 4 sets of each every other day.

Good luck
    Current Lifts

Squat 415
    Deadlift 455
    Bench 280

Champions are made when no one is watching. ~ Unknown

oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oceanus99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you need to rethink your training, focus more on other bodyparts like chest and things will start to even out. Try push/pull/legs/off/repeat. Progress either weight or volume EVERY workout. I do something like I'll hit a weight for 5 sets of 5 reps, then next workout when I do that exercise I'll go for 7-8 reps for 5 sets, then next time either 10 reps for 5 sets OR I'll attempt to up the weight by 5-10 pounds depending on what exercise I'm doing and drop the rep range back down to 5 reps (usually 10 pounds for lower body movements, and 5 pounds for upper).

Food wise, eat at a 200-300 calorie surplus and try to get 1g protein for every pound you weigh. Get the rest of your calories from carbs/fats. You'll need to play around with how many carbs/fats, although carbs are more muscle sparing and easier to convert to ATP(energy), so keep carbs high, but don't put fats too low either. This will take time to figure out. Use a calorie calculator to get an idea of how many calories you should bulk at. Eat at this amount for a month and see how much weight you gain. If you gain 3-4 pounds, it's a good amount and stick to it. If less or more than that, adjust accordingly.

everyday in cuzziling Triceptops's Avatar
    Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000) Triceptops is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by oceanus99 View Post
    you need to rethink your training, focus more on other bodyparts like chest and things will start to even out.
    pretty much this .

good luck. .safe lifting
    ★★★AJ Lee Crew★★★
    {| "Every mans heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe its final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the bodies of others; If it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life; than his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized." - Ultimate Warrior 2014 - R.I.P |}
    I Rep back with a vengeance.

santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) santaana14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good info

Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Del1nquent is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been working my abs every second day for 1 and a half months and looking similar to u ATM apart from bit more bulky abbs , I'm going on a 2 months clean cut as my bf ATM is around 18% to drop to 14% doing same routine for the results, my advice is dont just cut to show your abbs as you'll look skinny frail bro
    1 Paragraph SiG Crew