I'm moving into a new place soon which thankfully is on the spacious side compared to the tiny place I've been wedged into for the last 15 years. I've got a basement area with high ceilings that I'll be using as a home gym.
here is what I currently have
1) pull up / dip station. i lucked out and got a heavy duty pro quality unit at a local fitness shop. this is not some wobbly-arsed wallyworld affair.
2) olympic bar, some plates, and a trap bar (no room for squat cage at old place)
3) selectable dumbbells (50 lb powerblocks)
4) a mess of mirrors acquired on the cheap (close-outs ,returns, minor damage, etc).
5) a no frills adjustable incline dumbbell bench
here is what i want to add but i am not sure about priorities.
1) either a full squat cage or a combo squat/bench station with the stick-out style adjustable safeties. truthfully i would prefer the former (full cage) but space is plentiful but not unlimited.
2) elliptical machine or stationary bike. have to get the cardio in. in my experience running is the best, but this is Seattle we're talking about here where it rains continuously 10 months a year.
3) maybe some sort of leg station for some isolation exercises.
4) maybe some sort of cable station. Any recommendations on something that won't take up 400 sq feet?