Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Not seeing the muscle gains i want (please help, with info)

Not seeing the muscle gains i want in my glutes , srs.

im doing 2 sets of 12-15 reps, only been using this rep range for the past 8 weeks. i seen some growth but the muscle feels temporary as im mostly hitting sarcoplasmic hypertrophy . outside the gym it feels very soft.

so ill list my options/solutions here. and tell me which you recommend the most and why?

1) i lower my rep range to 8-12

2)i add an extra set

3)i give this rep range more time, like 1 more month to see if it will works

please i need help

Common dudes just give your opinion and ill make my decision'' of whats best.
    i lowered my post count so low compared to before, and now no one even helps me
    Last edited by egyptianboyer; 01-19-2013 at 08:11 PM.

jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by egyptianboyer View Post

im doing 2 sets of 12-15 reps, only been using this rep range for the past 8 weeks. i seen some growth but the muscle feels temporary as im mostly hitting sarcoplasmic hypertrophy . outside the gym it feels very soft.

so ill list my options/solutions here. and tell me which you recommend the most and why?

2)i add an extra set

please i need help

Bro, 12-15 rep range is endurance. 6-12 is or mass.

egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) egyptianboyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jamesk36967 View Post
    Bro, 12-15 rep range is endurance. 6-12 is or mass.
    I'll accept the facts as i want results . but can you provide any sufficient evidence to prove this?
    i been seeing muscle gains with this rep range just not as much as id like.

in the video ''intro to rep ranges'' ian mcarthy mentioned just because you go passed 12 reps doesn't mean your straying away from myofibrillar hypertrophy. and tha'ts very true in my experience thus far. but it most likely still doesn't mean its optimal

jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesk36967 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll accept the facts as i want results . but can you provide any sufficient evidence to prove this?
    i been seeing muscle gains with this rep range just not as much as id like.

in the video ''intro to rep ranges'' ian mcarthy mentioned just because you go passed 12 reps doesn't mean your straying away from myofibrillar hypertrophy. and tha'ts very true in my experience thus far. but it most likely still doesn't mean its optimal
    If you are doing anything past 12 reps you aren't useing the optimal amount of weight you could be using for the 8-12 rep range. And have you seen Ian Mcarthys physique?

watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500)
    jesus ****ing christ you have to be a mother ****ing troll man. Just ****ing do 8-12 reps and progressively overload while you eat in a ****ing surplus. Stop feeling your ****ing glutes idgaf if they feel ****ing soft, no one in this section gives a **** if they feel soft just shut the **** up and lift some ****ing heavy ass weight

If you are doing anything past 12 reps you aren't useing the optimal amount of weight you could be using for the 8-12 rep range. And have you seen Ian Mcarthys physique?

okay but can you provide studies or anything to back this up? and im not saying im not gaining muscle im just saying im not gaining it as fast or optimally as i want too.
    but out of those 3 options above which do you recommend i pick and why?
    and btw someone body does not dictate how knowledgeable they are. ronnie coleman knows less than ian mcarthy on why stuff works, but he just found what works for him .

Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000)
    okay but can you provide studies or anything to back this up? and im not saying im not gaining muscle im just saying im not gaining it as fast or optimally as i want too.
    and btw someone body does not dictate how knowledgeable they are. ronnie coleman knows less than ian mcarthy on why stuff works, but he just found what works for him .
    Reds are going to red.

trolls are going to troll.
    dumb asses are dumb asses.
    Follow my Workout log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156251783
    -----------
    Teen BB Big 3 PL Champ
    |5'4"|160lbs|12%BF|18 years|
    BB Full Squat 1rm: 425lbs
    BB Deadlift 1rm: 475lbs
    Bench Press 1rm: 275lbs
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

Do 8-12 reps. Eat 1g-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyfat per day. That's all i'm saying. if you don't trust me then do what you want. But what you're doing obviously isn't working.

Originally Posted by watwut View Post
    jesus ****ing christ you have to be a mother ****ing troll man. Just ****ing do 8-12 reps and progressively overload while you eat in a ****ing surplus. Stop feeling your ****ing glutes idgaf if they feel ****ing soft, no one in this section gives a **** if they feel soft just shut the **** up and lift some ****ing heavy ass weight
    following this bro science is what got me mediocre results srs.
    plus a lot of people on this website claim to build muscle mass with 8-12
    and others say they build muscle using 12-15.
    so i gotta find what works for me, although if your not providing evidence and just saying something out of thin air how can i trust your source

Do 8-12 reps. Eat 1g-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyfat per day. That's all i'm saying. if you don't trust me then do what you want. But what you're doing obviously isn't working.
    i never said it wasn't working''. i gained size didn't I? it's either im just impatient and all in my head. or idk, but more evidence would help my draw my conclusion and be gone by now.

it's like asking how do i lose fat?''
    bro science: just run 10 miles a day
    science: just be on a calorie deficit. save much more time in my experience

Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    so i gotta find what works for me, although if your not providing evidence and just saying something out of thin air how can i trust your source
    My azz is like an X atm from doing too much rack pulls and deadlifts brah U NEEDA LOCK OUT THE BAR LIKE U'RE THRUSTING A SUGAR WALL.

Originally Posted by Journeyto345 View Post
    My azz is like an X atm from doing too much rack pulls and deadlifts brah U NEEDA LOCK OUT THE BAR LIKE U'RE THRUSTING A SUGAR WALL.
    I'm doing my own research on the topic. but your not even helping me, please just stop with the bro science and give me factual evidence provided by science. then if i dont follow it, its my lost.
    at last when im being non biased, mature, looking for help to achieve my goals, everyone turns on me on this forum because you either don't know your self or are just trolling me.

watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500) watwut is not very helpful. (-500)
    although if your not providing evidence and just saying something out of thin air how can i trust your source
    http://forum.body-fitness.nl/The-inf...hym500296.aspx

For the "Conventional hypertrophy training" for the novice to the well trained, they recommend an 8-10RM load (75-80% 1RM), with 8-10 reps to failure or near failure, 1-3 sets per exercise, progression from 1–2 to 3–6 sets total per muscle group, moderate velocity (1-2 seconds for each CON and ECC), 60-180 seconds rest between sets, and 2-3 sessions per muscle group per week.
    http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fu...ng_for.26.aspx <--- This was a HUGE meta study.

For novice and intermediate individuals, it is recommended that moderate loading be used (70-85% of 1 RM) for 8-12 repetitions per set for one to three sets per exercise
    For advanced training, it is recommended that a loading range of 70-100% of 1 RM be used for 1-12 repetitions per set for three to six sets per exercise in periodized manner such that the majority of training is devoted to 6-12 RM and less training devoted to 1-6 RM loading
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19066934

The percent of baseline muscle activity of the VM at IP was significantly greater following the H(hypertrophy 4 sets of 10 repetitions in the squat at 75% of 1RM) compared to the S(Strength 11 sets of three repetitions at 90% of 1RM ) protocol. These data indicate that significant acute increases in hormone concentrations are limited to H type protocols independent of the volume of work competed. In addition, it appears the H protocol also elicits a unique pattern of muscle activity as well.
    http://bmesportes.hd1.com.br/artigos...einamento2.pdf

Postexercise increases in serum GH concentration showed a significant regimen dependence:
    hypertrophy-type was greater than combi-type which was greater than strength-type

Muscular size cross sectional area showed a significant regimen dependence:
    hypertrophy-type was greater than combi-type which was greater than strength-type
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2149702

Two groups took turns participating in both of two 7.5-week regimens. Muscle samples were analyzed for area changes.
    performing a muscular strength program (high-resistance, low-repetition)
    performing a muscular endurance program (low-resistance, high-repetition)
    Group A did Program-1 followed by Program-2
    Group B did Program-2 followed by Program-1

The results showed that the Group-B progression maximized muscle fiber area growth continually, while Group-A increased then decreased muscle fiber area.

Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000)
    You'd probably get better results if you got your ass off the ****ing internet and stopped asking questions and being a little bitch about evidence.
    Follow my Workout log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156251783
    -----------
    Teen BB Big 3 PL Champ
    |5'4"|160lbs|12%BF|18 years|
    BB Full Squat 1rm: 425lbs
    BB Deadlift 1rm: 475lbs
    Bench Press 1rm: 275lbs
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

Originally Posted by Unfocus View Post
    You'd probably get better results if you got your ass off the ****ing internet and stopped asking questions and being a little bitch about evidence.
    Thank you.

BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

2)i add an extra set

please i need help

What exercises are you doing for your glutes? While I agree with Ian and work in the 8-15 rep range myself on most exercises, any leg exercises I do are typically low rep heavy weight, I believe he outlines that this is the best way to train legs in his Hamstrings video.

If you wan't to hit glutes are I'd go heavy on Squats, Sumo Deadlift and either lunges or Bulgarian split squat. On the last exercise I would go for higher reps, slow controlled negatives really feeling your glutes squeeze. Your problem might be pelvic tilt, do some research on pelvic tilt because often people who suffer from it have weak glutes or have a hard time utilizing them in exercises.

Example routine to bring up your glutes:

Squats: 2-3 Warmup Sets, 3 Working Sets @ 4-6 reps.
    Sumo Deadlift: 2 Warmup Sets, 3 Working Sets @ 3-8 Reps.
    Lunge or Bulgarian Split Squat: 3 Working Sets @ 8-15 Reps

And you could throw in a reverse hack squat which really targets your glutes if you felt you needed it.

Reverse Hack Squat: 2 Working Sets 8-15 Reps

Thank you.
    everything aside. should i add an extra set? and look at the end of the day there will be 2 types of studies, one advocating 8-12 and the other 12-15. I follow the science to put me in the right direction but i still need to find what works for me , now this is the point im making.

even if 8-12 is better and its proven wouldn't it be optimal for me to stick with this rep range a little longer say 1-2 more months and just add another set? and if you ask why. my reasoning is to improve my form. hear me out, for example when i was doing 15-20 reps on leg press i added size and then when i didn't i lowered my rep to 12-15 . but if i just lowered my reps in the middle of all that my form would of went to shiet.
    anyone have any thoughts on this plan''? i already did this from one rep range to another and it worked

Originally Posted by BFair24 View Post
    What exercises are you doing for your glutes? While I agree with Ian and work in the 8-15 rep range myself on most exercises, any leg exercises I do are typically low rep heavy weight, I believe he outlines that this is the best way to train legs in his Hamstrings video.

If you wan't to hit glutes are I'd go heavy on Squats, Sumo Deadlift and either lunges or Bulgarian split squat. On the last exercise I would go for higher reps, slow controlled negatives really feeling your glutes squeeze. Your problem might be pelvic tilt, do some research on pelvic tilt because often people who suffer from it have weak glutes or have a hard time utilizing them in exercises.

Example routine to bring up your glutes:

Squats: 2-3 Warmup Sets, 3 Working Sets @ 4-6 reps.
    Sumo Deadlift: 2 Warmup Sets, 3 Working Sets @ 3-8 Reps.
    Lunge or Bulgarian Split Squat: 3 Working Sets @ 8-15 Reps

And you could throw in a reverse hack squat which really targets your glutes if you felt you needed it.

Reverse Hack Squat: 2 Working Sets 8-15 Reps

dude im not gonna get fancy with anything. Bulgarian squats have been working optimally for my goals. any time i use both legs my imbalance gets worst, im talking from experience. im just talking about the rep range im using...

BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFair24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dude im not gonna get fancy with anything. Bulgarian squats have been working optimally for my goals. any time i use both legs my imbalance gets worst, im talking from experience. im just talking about the rep range im using...
    That's not fancy at all that's a very basic leg routine. I'm trying to help you out here so would you please post your current leg routine + set and rep range.

Just for the record.

That's not fancy at all that's a very basic leg routine. I'm trying to help you out here so would you please post your current leg routine + set and rep range.
    im not talking legs. im just talking glutes. and in reality my only goal is to even my imbalance out srs. when i start doing isolations, really heavy weight in lower ranges, it gets worst. only because one side is ahead of the other in mind muscle connection, form,time under tension, etc.
    basically i don't want to lower my rep range any lower at least not just yet for the sake of not making it any worst. and im talking from experience not from feelings or being biased or some study.
    and 2 sets of 12-15 reps is what i do for my glutes
    so if i had to either keep doing this or add an extra set which would you recommend me do?

Obvious troll is obvious. Stop replying to him. Let it die.

Just for the record.

i already knew this, but im ruling out increasing the weight for Less reps cause its gonna get worst again.
    and i seriousslyy don't wanna mess up all this time i put in. i mean i have minimized it by a lot so im doing something right for my goals..
    the only real option standing is adding an extra set so should i do this?
    and again like i said, im not completely ruling out 8-12. infact i will most likely but not for a while longer because then my mind muscle connection,time under tension, reps, form would go bad . do u seee what im saying?

Obvious troll is obvious. Stop replying to him. Let it die.
    someone like you who thinks a goody body dictates how much they know is the real troll here.

im not talking legs. im just talking glutes. and in reality my only goal is to even my imbalance out srs. when i start doing isolations, really heavy weight in lower ranges, it gets worst. only because one side is ahead of the other in mind muscle connection, form,time under tension, etc.
    basically i don't want to lower my rep range any lower at least not just yet for the sake of not making it any worst. and im talking from experience not from feelings or being biased or some study.
    and 2 sets of 12-15 reps is what i do for my glutes
    so if i had to either keep doing this or add an extra set which would you recommend me do?
    Bro I don't understand your logic at all, you seem to be rambling on and on incoherently. Most people work glutes as a part of legs, if you're trying to focus on your glutes you should be doing more then one exercise for them. I'm not trying to change your rep scheme I just wanted to see what you're working with.

Obviously you are not going to be seeing a lot of gains working one muscle with 2 sets. Do you do one exercise for your biceps, 2 sets and think you're going to see a lot of progression?

Are you working a full body routine or what are you doing?

Outline your routine to me like this for example with sets, reps and the EXERCISE NAME:

Legs: Squats 3x6 Reps
    Lunges 3x15 Reps
    Leg Press 3x12 Reps

I'm trying to help you but you're not giving me much to work with.

Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyto345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    5'3 130lb. no wonder u aint got any azz.

Originally Posted by Journeyto345 View Post
    5'3 130lb. no wonder u aint got any azz.
    Lol'd at manlet

Just for the record.

Look. the past 8 weeks i been using literally the same weight, but despite that i been putting on more size and symmetry to my glutes.
    why did i do this? well its improve my 1) mind muscle connection, 2)form 3)quality reps 4) less rest time 5)more time under tension<- has made the biggest difference
    and although that doesn't ''build muscle'' according to bodybuilding guidelines it actually does because i unknowingly and unbiassedly was doing this just to improve my form. then after that i saw ian mcarthys video on ''progressive tension overload'' talking about how increasing the weight iss necessary to build muscle, but before you get stronger you must improve those factors. and as he states himself its not a cope out to ''get lazy'' its just the reality and the facts of what's going on.

Bro I don't understand your logic at all, you seem to be rambling on and on incoherently. Most people work glutes as a part of legs, if you're trying to focus on your glutes you should be doing more then one exercise for them. I'm not trying to change your rep scheme I just wanted to see what you're working with.

Obviously you are not going to be seeing a lot of gains working one muscle with 2 sets. Do you do one exercise for your biceps, 2 sets and think you're going to see a lot of progression?

Are you working a full body routine or what are you doing?

Outline your routine to me like this for example with sets, reps and the EXERCISE NAME:

Legs: Squats 3x6 Reps
    Lunges 3x15 Reps
    Leg Press 3x12 Reps

I'm trying to help you but you're not giving me much to work with.
    its because when i had this dumb trainer he had me do all kinds of machines and exercises like that, and it just got worst, now im just doing 1 exercise and its getting better, so why mess it up? again i was just talking about the rep range. cause clearly bulgarian sqauts has been working for me otherwise im just lying through my teeth. and i do leg extensions and work hamstrings, but i just do 1 exercise for glutes but hey just that has been working for me

Lol'd at manlet
    and then when im 200llbs of pure muscle still having this imbalance because of your advice'''' you would be saying the same thing