Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gymhero25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Loosing weight/Macros

I've been lifting constantly on and off 7 years and never had a problem of gaining weight. Over the course of 6 months other than these past 20days I haven't been lifting weights. Most of this is due to the part I've gotten married, bought a house and now have a baby on the way. I know how to train but apparently I don't know how to loose weight. Stats are
    Age25, height6 1'. Weight 237. Goal weight 220. I have been logging my macros everyday for the past 20 days and for the most part been at a deficit each time. 2800 cals, 245 p,280 carbs and 78 fats. I can say my weight been consistent at 235-239, but just can't seem too loose here the past 20 days. I know it could be muscle I'm gaining back bc it does seem like my stomach is slimming down

Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP congratulations on all your success!

Seeing as you've come back from a long lay off you will experience somewhat of noob gains even though your not considered a noob anymore. Your body was left free from the stress of resistance exercises for 6 months and now is re adapting back to the stresses. That being said, it wouldn't be impossible for you to be gaining while slimming down a bit. It's been awhile since you've be at it and your maintence calories are probably differant now. It almost sounds as though your around maintence now and are going through a bit of a recomp, which I think is great. But if your truly set on just loosing BF then subtract 10-20% from what seems to be your maintence now, and see if you end up loosing. If your actually recomping right now I'd personally just stick with it seeing you've just returned to lifting. BTW I'd up your fats a bit for your weight class...95 g minimum.
    NASM CPT

!!Lean bulk crew!!
    Current lifts!
    BB bench 205x6
    Deadlift 315x9
    Squat x squat...in progress

Thanks for the love, I used Emma Calculating my macros and here is what I came up with Harris Formula BMR 2283, and Katch Mcardle Formula 2111 ,
    Act factor would be around 1.5
    3166 if I use the Katch Formula
    20% defecit comes up 2533 in which I have been hitting at least a 10% defecit.. I think your right though Evandrus, Body is going through that stage and plus I'm on week 3 on Kris Gethin DtP so I'm sure i'm packing on muscle, it sure as hell looks like it, it just sucks because i'm doing 3-4 sessions of 300 calories on starimaster and treadmill per week, but no lbs lost and have been logging everything on myfitnesspal to the Tee. I started IIFYM in January and so far I can say I do love the lifestyle. To me it feels more of a lifestyle then a diet because it does allow to fit things into your diet that a normal diet wouldn't let you.

Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evandrus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IIFYM, yes flexible dieting is the way to go, I do agree! Its good your following Emma's thread there, although I'd personally bump fats up a little .4 x BW minimum. Everything else looks okay. I also wouldn't sweat the not losing weight on a scale thing. You describe it as though your putting on muscle while slimming down(recomping). In that case why don't you just continue until you stall in progress and then pick a direction where you want to go from there ( bulk or cut ). Everyone's so obsessed whith scale weight. If your making progress in the mirror/measurments/weights than that's what matters. No one ever runs up to you on a beach, and asks you to step on a scale to SEE how good you look!...keep the good work up!
    NASM CPT

!!Lean bulk crew!!
    Current lifts!
    BB bench 205x6
    Deadlift 315x9

why such high in Fats?
    I was thinking after I did my BMR which is 2111, and my act factor is 1.5 , it would be with a caloric defecit of 20% about 2532. Ive head that 40/40/20 is ideal for loosing weight. if that's the case that would put me at about 55fats. Based on what you just said: my carbs would be around 273 grams of carbs. what you think about doing 3 Sessions of cardio 500-600 cals burned a week instead of 3-5 sessions at 300 cals per week. Any input is much appreciated. my avatar pic is a current pic of me right now.. I have the definition in my arms, shoulders, but just can't seem too loose lower back fat, and the love handles.. How does this Sound? The only problem with me in Fats is that when I see 100grams in fats, I'm like well I guess this toasted strudel won't hurt since i could use 25grams more. Thats how I'm doing everything I eat, before I picked it up. I always always check in myfitness pal to see the macro's and think to myself" If I eat this Truffle I cant have any more fats the rest of the day so i make better decisions on how I do it.. hope this helps.. Thanks for the help so far

Originally Posted by Evandrus View Post
    IIFYM, yes flexible dieting is the way to go, I do agree! Its good your following Emma's thread there, although I'd personally bump fats up a little .4 x BW minimum. Everything else looks okay. I also wouldn't sweat the not losing weight on a scale thing. You describe it as though your putting on muscle while slimming down(recomping). In that case why don't you just continue until you stall in progress and then pick a direction where you want to go from there ( bulk or cut ). Everyone's so obsessed whith scale weight. If your making progress in the mirror/measurments/weights than that's what matters. No one ever runs up to you on a beach, and asks you to step on a scale to SEE how good you look!...keep the good work up!

MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleMorse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    280g of carbs in a fatloss diet seems really, really high IMO. I would lower the carb intake to below 100g for a while and then to below 50g, replacing the calories from the carbs with calories from good fats like grass fed aminal fats, coconut oil etc.

Remeber fat has 9cals per gram compared to 4cals per gram of carbs, so you won't need as much grams of fat.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Gymhero25 View Post
    I've been lifting constantly on and off 7 years and never had a problem of gaining weight. Over the course of 6 months other than these past 20days I haven't been lifting weights. Most of this is due to the part I've gotten married, bought a house and now have a baby on the way. I know how to train but apparently I don't know how to loose weight. Stats are
    Age25, height6 1'. Weight 237. Goal weight 220. I have been logging my macros everyday for the past 20 days and for the most part been at a deficit each time. 2800 cals, 245 p,280 carbs and 78 fats. I can say my weight been consistent at 235-239, but just can't seem too loose here the past 20 days. I know it could be muscle I'm gaining back bc it does seem like my stomach is slimming down
    Set protein to 190-200, fat to 95-100, the remainder of your cals from carbs or a mixture of the three.

You may have activity factor too high, stay where you are for another couple of weeks and monitor. If you don't see movement simply adjust down, by a couple hundred kcals. Monitor again for a couple of weeks and see what happens. How often do you weigh yourself and when?

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MuscleMorse View Post
    280g of carbs in a fatloss diet seems really, really high IMO. I would lower the carb intake to below 100g for a while and then to below 50g, replacing the calories from the carbs with calories from good fats like grass fed aminal fats, coconut oil etc.

Remeber fat has 9cals per gram compared to 4cals per gram of carbs, so you won't need as much grams of fat.
    Why are you suggesting the OP go into ketosis?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just a FYI OP, loose =/= lose

Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    Set protein to 190-200, fat to 95-100, the remainder of your cals from carbs or a mixture of the three.

You may have activity factor too high, stay where you are for another couple of weeks and monitor. If you don't see movement simply adjust down, by a couple hundred kcals. Monitor again for a couple of weeks and see what happens. How often do you weigh yourself and when?
    RAnd18M it sounds like I need to be at 200 grams of protein, 100 grams of Fat, 200 grams of fat, which willl give me a Caloric intake of about 2500 cals. Now keep in mind the first 20 days of this month I've been around 2800cals so 2500 cals is a nice defecit for me. 2100 cals defecit for the week then what I'm used too.

Here's a example of what I had this morning that I logged in to myfitnesspal.
    Meal 1
    Sharp Finely Shredded Cheese
    large egg one
    combat powder 1 scoop
    liquid egg whites 1/2 cup
    boneless chicken breast 4oz
    ezekial 4:9 cinnamon rasian bread

total cals 700, total fat 18; total carbs 44, total protein 90

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    RAnd18M it sounds like I need to be at 200 grams of protein, 100 grams of Fat, 200 grams of fat, which willl give me a Caloric intake of about 2500 cals. Now keep in mind the first 20 days of this month I've been around 2800cals so 2500 cals is a nice defecit for me. 2100 cals defecit for the week then what I'm used too.

Here's a example of what I had this morning that I logged in to myfitnesspal.
    Meal 1
    Sharp Finely Shredded Cheese
    large egg one
    combat powder 1 scoop
    liquid egg whites 1/2 cup
    boneless chicken breast 4oz
    ezekial 4:9 cinnamon rasian bread

total cals 700, total fat 18; total carbs 44, total protein 90
    Think you made a typo

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MuscleMorse View Post
    280g of carbs in a fatloss diet seems really, really high IMO.
    Daily energy balance determines fat loss, not individual macronutrient intake once sufficiency is met.

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Think you made a typo
    How that?
    fat 162 cals
    protein 360 cals
    carbs 176 cals
    total about 698 cals

How that?
    fat 162 cals
    protein 360 cals
    carbs 176 cals
    total about 698 cals

Notsureifsrs.... Look at the bold.. and the words before the bold

How that?
    fat 162 cals
    protein 360 cals
    carbs 176 cals
    total about 698 cals
    well 2 slices of Ezekial bread

and 1/3 cup of cheese

well 2 slices of Ezekial bread

and 1/3 cup of cheese
    What? Look at what I bolded earlier in reference to typo

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How that?
    fat 162 cals
    protein 360 cals
    carbs 176 cals
    total about 698 cals
    Those macros total 3,602 calories.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Those macros total 3,602 calories.
    Sorry for the confusion

18 grams of fat=162cals
    90 grams of protein= 360 cals
    44 carbs = 176cals
    total calories from Meal 1= 698cals

why such high in Fats?
    I was thinking after I did my BMR which is 2111, and my act factor is 1.5 , it would be with a caloric defecit of 20% about 2532. Ive head that 40/40/20 is ideal for loosing weight. if that's the case that would put me at about 55fats. Based on what you just said: my carbs would be around 273 grams of carbs. what you think about doing 3 Sessions of cardio 500-600 cals burned a week instead of 3-5 sessions at 300 cals per week. Any input is much appreciated. my avatar pic is a current pic of me right now.. I have the definition in my arms, shoulders, but just can't seem too loose lower back fat, and the love handles.. How does this Sound? The only problem with me in Fats is that when I see 100grams in fats, I'm like well I guess this toasted strudel won't hurt since i could use 25grams more. Thats how I'm doing everything I eat, before I picked it up. I always always check in myfitness pal to see the macro's and think to myself" If I eat this Truffle I cant have any more fats the rest of the day so i make better decisions on how I do it.. hope this helps.. Thanks for the help so far
    No problem!. First off when calculating macro/calories don't go by ratios ex(40-40-20). Depending on caloric goal using this method can give you widely inaccurate macro breakdowns for you weight. I currently take in more fat than you and I weigh considerably less. .4 x BW is the min requirment for fats.( fats are essential and very important to many functions of the body ex Hormones)
    Your starting point should look something like this based off your caloric goal of 2532 calories
    .4x BW=94.8 g fat 853.2 calories ( minimum requirment)
    1 x BW = 237 g protein 948 calories ( less is actually needed but since your trying to cut this is a good start)
    The rest of calories can be filled with carbs, protein , fat, or a mix however you feel most satisfied.
    Make sure the majority of calories come from whole foods to ensure micronutrient sufficiency.

Your caloric deficit is what will ultimately determine weight loss, not some macronutrient ratio.

As to the question on cardio.!( As you seem to really want to cut rather than recomp as it sounds your doing now.)

3 sessions of 500 calories is 1500 cal and 5 sessions of 300 calories is still 1500 calories a week. Whatever you prefer! ...Here's what I personal have done and believe in when approaching weight loss.

Nice and slow
    10% deficit in the beginning( little to no cardio at this point)
    After weight stalls I subtract another 10% ( still little to no cardio)
    At this point I'll only drop calories so low because if I don't I'll have no caloric room in the end and will feel run down and ill be STARVING!!!
    This is when I personally start adding in cardio sessions( at this point I'm eating enough to where I'm not starving all day and still eating enough to support energy needs)

I like to keep my strength up on a cut and preserve as much LBM as possible so I take my time and lose slowly.
    That's just my experience and my opinion.
    NASM CPT

!!Lean bulk crew!!
    Current lifts!
    BB bench 205x6
    Deadlift 315x9

So what it sounds likw what your telling me 100 grams of fat=900 cals
    237 protein=948 Calories
    171 carb=684 CAlories

Thanks for the help so far, as IIFYM is still new to me, and love the lifestyle it brings.
    Obviously I'm new to this, so what's the concept of having fats that high?

Originally Posted by Evandrus View Post
    No problem!. First off when calculating macro/calories don't go by ratios ex(40-40-20). Depending on caloric goal using this method can give you widely inaccurate macro breakdowns for you weight. I currently take in more fat than you and I weigh considerably less. .4 x BW is the min requirment for fats.( fats are essential and very important to many functions of the body ex Hormones)
    Your starting point should look something like this based off your caloric goal of 2532 calories
    .4x BW=94.8 g fat 853.2 calories ( minimum requirment)
    1 x BW = 237 g protein 948 calories ( less is actually needed but since your trying to cut this is a good start)
    The rest of calories can be filled with carbs, protein , fat, or a mix however you feel most satisfied.
    Make sure the majority of calories come from whole foods to ensure micronutrient sufficiency.

Your caloric deficit is what will ultimately determine weight loss, not some macronutrient ratio.

As to the question on cardio.!( As you seem to really want to cut rather than recomp as it sounds your doing now.)

3 sessions of 500 calories is 1500 cal and 5 sessions of 300 calories is still 1500 calories a week. Whatever you prefer! ...Here's what I personal have done and believe in when approaching weight loss.

Nice and slow
    10% deficit in the beginning( little to no cardio at this point)
    After weight stalls I subtract another 10% ( still little to no cardio)
    At this point I'll only drop calories so low because if I don't I'll have no caloric room in the end and will feel run down and ill be STARVING!!!
    This is when I personally start adding in cardio sessions( at this point I'm eating enough to where I'm not starving all day and still eating enough to support energy needs)

I like to keep my strength up on a cut and preserve as much LBM as possible so I take my time and lose slowly.
    That's just my experience and my opinion.

Among other things I mentioned, yes those macros will do just fine. You keep saying that fat number is high!, well maby for some, but not for you!...your 237lbs!!! To answer you question on fats! As said before its an essential macronutrient as well is protein!...carbs are not!. Fat is important for proper growth, acts as a source of energy along with carbohydrates, it helps in the absorption of vitamins, it aids in the production of certain hormones such as testosterone and does many other great things. Just eat your fats!!!....do it!
    NASM CPT

!!Lean bulk crew!!
    Current lifts!
    BB bench 205x6
    Deadlift 315x9

So what it sounds likw what your telling me 100 grams of fat=900 cals
    237 protein=948 Calories
    171 carb=684 CAlories
    yes that's how it works

Thanks for all the support, I'm going to try this deficit and see how my body responds for the next couple of weeks. I will get mostly my fat from olive oil, almond milk, natural peanut butter and other healthy fats.
    Also question what happens if I go over my protein but stay under my caloric goal. Is that a win? I'm thinking outside the box a little and no I wouldn't do this all the time. I guess what I'm trying to say if I went over one macro, which one would it be? Thanks again for the help as I'm going to start this tomorrow. I don't think 2500 will be hard since i was doing 2800 and most days, I wouldn't come near it
    yes that's how it works

Thanks for all the support, I'm going to try this deficit and see how my body responds for the next couple of weeks. I will get mostly my fat from olive oil, almond milk, natural peanut butter and other healthy fats.
    Also question what happens if I go over my protein but stay under my caloric goal. Is that a win? I'm thinking outside the box a little and no I wouldn't do this all the time. I guess what I'm trying to say if I went over one macro, which one would it be? Thanks again for the help as I'm going to start this tomorrow. I don't think 2500 will be hard since i was doing 2800 and most days, I wouldn't come near it
    As long as you meet your protein and fat minimums you can consume more protein/fat as you please whilst meeting your calorie goal

As long as you meet your protein and fat minimums you can consume more protein/fat as you please whilst meeting your calorie goal
    Sounds good guys, it's just been a while and IIFYM is very new to me. I knew protein is an essential part of building lean mass. Fats was the macro nutrient I always been unsure about. I guess I always thought high fats would store as unused energy which store's as fat. A misconception I guess.
    My example of Meal 1 so far today.
    1 1/2 scoops of Koshi cereal
    1.5 cups of 2% Milk
    Proats( protein & oats)
    2tbsp of natural peanutbutter

Total cals are 958cals
    total fat 33g
    protein: 64g
    carbs:113g, This was my meal 1 this monring and notice my carbs are high, so I can make adjustment to my following meals to make sure I stay under 171 carbs, and still maintain fats and protein. Thats what i love about IIFYM, eat first 2 meals and then make adjustments as needed in other meals. so meal 2 and 3 will consist of protein and mostly fats...

gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First off, quit making excuses and get to the gym..lol..jk...sort of.Anyway...Ive weighed a muscular 170 before..and Ive weighed a beefy muscular 250 before and everywhere in between. When I wanna go up or down in weight, all I do is change my calorie deficit or calorie surplus.

With that being said, If you want to lose weight, be prepared to drop your calories. 2800 calories a day is too much if your trying to lose weight. I just recently went down to 183 from 205..and back up again (yes on purpose). During that cut, I took in roughly 1500 calories a day. During the bulk I took in over 3000 cal a day. If you drop your calories and keep your macros in check, you will lose weight, trust me.
    Check out my gig at WWW.GYMBLOGGER.NET

If you want to contact me, it's easier to reach me on there. Just leave me an email on contact page and I'll get back to you.

Oh Trust me I go to the gym.lol Yeah I actually went through my defecit again and decided on 2500cals, to see how that works for me then decrease 10% from there in the next coming weeks.

Originally Posted by gymblogger View Post
    First off, quit making excuses and get to the gym..lol..jk...sort of.Anyway...Ive weighed a muscular 170 before..and Ive weighed a beefy muscular 250 before and everywhere in between. When I wanna go up or down in weight, all I do is change my calorie deficit or calorie surplus.

With that being said, If you want to lose weight, be prepared to drop your calories. 2800 calories a day is too much if your trying to lose weight. I just recently went down to 183 from 205..and back up again (yes on purpose). During that cut, I took in roughly 1500 calories a day. During the bulk I took in over 3000 cal a day. If you drop your calories and keep your macros in check, you will lose weight, trust me.

gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymblogger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh Trust me I go to the gym.lol Yeah I actually went through my defecit again and decided on 2500cals, to see how that works for me then decrease 10% from there in the next coming weeks.
    I was just kidding u about the gym part..2500 is still too much in my opinion. Thats prolly around your maintenance amount of calories if your 240. At least try 2000 first and go down from there. You will be surprised. All that mess about no having energy, or losing focus etc with too few calories is a myth. You will be able to function fine with low calories if you take in you macros and time your meals right.

If you want to contact me, it's easier to reach me on there. Just leave me an email on contact page and I'll get back to you.

Originally Posted by gymblogger View Post
    And you can take in as little as you want but please don't advise people they need to consume extremely low amounts on a cut when it's not true (not to mention stupid)

I think its funny that you follow my posts on these forums and disagree with every single thing I say. Im telling you what has worked for me. 1500 calories a day is not "extremely" low as u say it is. Hes not gonna kick the bucket or fall over dead by taking in 1500 calories a day. Do you ever have any useful info to spread or do you just disagree with other ppls posts?