Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by RebelPoet View Post
    Well, no, OP says I already have good whey, multi, and fish oil. And yeah I suppose, but about the catabolism comment the bb community seems pretty divided on the issue of meal timing, specifically on whether or not the body goes catabolic over the night. I personally subscribe to the idea of the importance of post-workout protein and of early morning/late night protein to help promote an anabolic state all day. I mean your body will go into catabolisis if not fed, I just am not sure how some argue that meal timing isn't important (I've seen some people say that as long as you eat all your protein macros, it doesn't matter, like you could eat all your protein in the morning and no more protein all day) and then say pwo shakes are incredibly important that seems contradictory. So, like I said, I have come to understand that meal timing is important (to the degree of eating at least every 2-3 hours, after workouts, and before bed).

And I understand you don't mean any ill will, but I think that stack has some good base supps with good profiles (casein, bcaa, gainer) if it is a little expensive to get all at once (which is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet). You don't agree?
    i hear ya..but think about it...in a months time..or even 2 months time..are you gona be able to just keep dishing out the cash for all this? if you cant keep it ongoing you best not start it to begin with...cause you will be "supped up" while taking all this and when you stop your whole momentum and speed at which your making your gains will most likely slow down again...you could end up at square 1 again minus money from your pocket.

on another note..if your willing to take all this and spend cash why not throw in a natty test booster?...testosterone should be higher priority over all these supps.

dont get me wrong ive been a supplement slut in the past myself.
    MY SIG CAN BE A NOVEL.

i <3 iceman1800

on the real though USMC and proud of it HOORAH.

RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kingarnold187 View Post
    i hear ya..but think about it...in a months time..or even 2 months time..are you gona be able to just keep dishing out the cash for all this? if you cant keep it ongoing you best not start it to begin with...cause you will be "supped up" while taking all this and when you stop your whole momentum and speed at which your making your gains will most likely slow down again...you could end up at square 1 again minus money from your pocket.

on another note..if your willing to take all this and spend cash why not throw in a natty test booster?...testosterone should be higher priority over all these supps.

dont get me wrong ive been a supplement slut in the past myself.
    I've considered a natty test booster, but I'm only 19 so I'm not sure if I'm needing it I've heard both sides. Well I don't know about the reversal of results but I certainly understand what you are getting at, I'm leaning against the GG (but that has a 6 month supply), and glycobol. The only stuff other than the glycobol with a 1 month supply would be the casein and postwo which I mostly buy every month anyways (just I've never gotten a gainer or casein before, just whey). The pre and bcaas would have 2-3 months supply, lol. So I know I need a post-shake, I'm just debating between MP, Serious Mass, and Torrent. But, you say nay to the casein? And just put that money into like a 4lb of whey (and make the IA whey so I get an extra lb for free)? Because I was going to get the casein for late-night shakes, have the whey as a morning/mid-day shake, the bcaas as intra/all day, and the post workout shake to help get my macros up.

Have you used Glycergrow or glycobol? I've heard really good things and I want to try them I just don't know if I want to get them with this order.

By the way if I was to get a test booster, which would you recommend I've looked at IA Test Peak, CL Blue Gene, Animal PM/Test Pak, Magnum Tonic, and a few others
    Last edited by RebelPoet; 01-19-2013 at 10:45 PM.
    "The beast's eyes show panic, he had thought he was an immovable object; but the man in black was an unstoppable force. This result had been cemented from the beginning: inertia is a law of physics."

Reviews and Logs (collected): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151724393&p=1022624293#post1022624293

ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP

I think you are putting too much stock into supplementation. IMO the only necessary items are:

• pre workout
    • protein
    • multi
    • fish oil
    • creatine(if u want)

I would definitely not do a test booster @ 19. You are already producing peak levels so the result of taking a natty booster would be minimal if any.

As far as the casein goes, I am not directly opposed to the idea of taking a 100% casein before bed, but I believe a blend would yield similar results for much less. You won't lose your gains in leu of taking a blend instead of casein at night.

A mass gainer is really not necessary either but can be very convenient if u need an easy way to hit your macros.

When it comes down to brass tax, all you really need to do is work hard in the weight room, get plenty of rest, and maintain a clean disciplined diet. Don't over think it.

Is your quote in your sig from the book The Gunslinger?

kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingarnold187 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I've considered a natty test booster, but I'm only 19 so I'm not sure if I'm needing it I've heard both sides. Well I don't know about the reversal of results but I certainly understand what you are getting at, I'm leaning against the GG (but that has a 6 month supply), and glycobol. The only stuff other than the glycobol with a 1 month supply would be the casein and postwo which I mostly buy every month anyways (just I've never gotten a gainer or casein before, just whey). The pre and bcaas would have 2-3 months supply, lol. So I know I need a post-shake, I'm just debating between MP, Serious Mass, and Torrent. But, you say nay to the casein? And just put that money into like a 4lb of whey (and make the IA whey so I get an extra lb for free)? Because I was going to get the casein for late-night shakes, have the whey as a morning/mid-day shake, the bcaas as intra/all day, and the post workout shake to help get my macros up.

Have you used Glycergrow or glycobol? I've heard really good things and I want to try them I just don't know if I want to get them with this order.
    well bro evryone is going to have there mixed opinions....in the end i think the best option for you would be to go ahead and pull the trigger....see what happens while taking evrything....take it as a learning experience...if it all works then it works if you blow up you blow up...if not much results are had then there ya go...id say do it just to find out what happens...most likely definitely wont hurt anything..even if you end up wasting some cash you gained some knowledge and experience..best of luck to you! ...pherhaps try using hemavol with your pre workout for an intensifier and extra pump..if you want.
    MY SIG CAN BE A NOVEL.

i <3 iceman1800

RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RebelPoet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ap28allday View Post
    OP

I think you are putting too much stock into supplementation. IMO the only necessary items are:

• pre workout
    • protein
    • multi
    • fish oil
    • creatine(if u want)

I would definitely not do a test booster @ 19. You are already producing peak levels so the result of taking a natty booster would be minimal if any.

As far as the casein goes, I am not directly opposed to the idea of taking a 100% casein before bed, but I believe a blend would yield similar results for much less. You won't lose your gains in leu of taking a blend instead of casein at night.

A mass gainer is really not necessary either but can be very convenient if u need an easy way to hit your macros.

When it comes down to brass tax, all you really need to do is work hard in the weight room, get plenty of rest, and maintain a clean disciplined diet. Don't over think it.

Is your quote in your sig from the book The Gunslinger?
    I agree, and with the test boost thing that's what I was asking kingarnold. I understand about the blend statement; and I know, that's why I was looking to get one because I normally make my own gainer but it takes like 10-30 minutes of my time and I want to try a pre-made gainer that I can just put in and go to save time and hit my macros. And I agree, I try my best =p.

And no actually, it's one of mine it's from a story I wrote in another thread. I wrote it like that because I really like that intro line from the The Gunslinger.

As for my pre-workout ritual:

A man in black enters the gym. The sound of clanking iron and one rep grunts rings through the air. The treadmills are packed with men and women who have been coming and going for the past week. The crowds are smaller than last time, louder too, more obnoxious. Bros circle the man in black as he walks further into their abode.
    "Do you even lift?"
    "How much you rep bro?"
    He ignores their mating calls as he descends into the heart of darkness. There near the free weights is one solitary king bro, his arms huge from the fat of too many bulking diets, his tank top three sizes too small. The man in black remains undaunted. Although he weighs less than this primordial ogre he knows that his muscles are firmer, his body fat lower, his mind stronger. He walks to the bench, the beast panting heavy from the two bicep curls he just performed, he stands.
    "We got a problem bro? You can't be lifting here, this is a bro-zone or no-zone."
    The man in black remains silent, stoic, unyielding. The behemoth's breath brushes the man in black's forehead, as he puffs his American Eagle child size tank top out. The man in black proceeds to reach a palm up to his forehead to wipe the moist heat away. The thing's fist bursts out, but the man is prepared. He quickly strikes the hand away, his second hand shoots up to grab the thing's arm. He bends low, the momentum flows like clockwork, an obscure dance as one body flips over another and hits the floor. Before the sound even reaches the edges of the gym, the man in black's foot comes in quick and lands on the thing's neck. A wheeze barely escapes its maw before the man's second foot connects with a thick stomach.
    The beast's eyes show panic, he had thought he was an immovable object; but the man in black was an unstoppable force. This result had been cemented from the beginning: inertia is a law of physics. The eyes show a watershed moment: the day one learns that the world doesn't work the way you expect. The beast gathers his minions, crestfallen, his bros don't rule the world. His bros don't even lift. The group runs and when they do this gym experiences a cleansing, as the gym patrons look towards the man, born anew an exorcist.
    "How can we repay you?"
    The gym is silent as the man in black stares at the patrons.
    "By never giving up. Don't let these people control you, for they are not natural people, they are but cowards. They don't try to help you, they try only to dissuade you because they cannot bear the weight of the world upon their shoulders like you can. No matter how you feel you look, you are the strongest people that I know, strong and beautiful people. These boys don't struggle with their weights because they choose to stay complacent, to live in denial. They look to the iron and say it's too much, too heavy, my own problems are too insurmountable. Bodybuilding is the purest form of self-improvement, you look inside yourselves and decide to create something new. It's the moment you decide to change your fate, to curse the gods because you can be your own master, your body becomes an altar, the iron is your service. At some point in time, you all took a stand and cried out 'Enough! Today is not another day that I stand idly by, today I move away from quiet desperation, today is the first day of the rest of my life. I can be something bigger than myself- through myself, I can build a temple that stands to the strength of my will. I not only despise the fate deemed by the gods, I choose to defy them and create my own. It will not be easy, but today I decide that I am worth it.'" The gym remains quiet, locked onto his words.
    "I look at you not as men and women, you are not simply people, you are testaments to the power of the human spirit, and you are beautiful." Several women moan as the virility of the man's words impregnates them. The man picks up his bottle and leans over to siphon in the blood spilled. And as the cretin's blood touches the man's mouth, his lips start to tingle as the ten scoops of N.O.-Explode the beast had taken reaches his own blood. The blood of the fallen becomes the blood of the victor. The man in black then sits and starts to press.

^ er'day
    "The beast's eyes show panic, he had thought he was an immovable object; but the man in black was an unstoppable force. This result had been cemented from the beginning: inertia is a law of physics."

Reviews and Logs (collected): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151724393&p=1022624293#post1022624293

well bro evryone is going to have there mixed opinions....in the end i think the best option for you would be to go ahead and pull the trigger....see what happens while taking evrything....take it as a learning experience...if it all works then it works if you blow up you blow up...if not much results are had then there ya go...id say do it just to find out what happens...most likely definitely wont hurt anything..even if you end up wasting some cash you gained some knowledge and experience..best of luck to you! ...pherhaps try using hemavol with your pre workout for an intensifier and extra pump..if you want.
    Yeah I've heard good things about hemavol, the reason I had glycergrow on my list is actually one of the major pump ingredients in hemavol is 1 gram of glycerol monosterate, which GG has about 6 grams of gm. But hemavol is $32 for 32 servings while GG is $32 for 120 servings.

ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The glycergrow is specifically for pumps and has gotten great reviews, go for it, lemon drop is supposed to be the best flavor. Also I know u said u have protein but look into pronom23 vanilla, cellucor Cor whey, and/or protean rvc/vms. The pronom is ridiculous in vanilla. Waaay better taste wise than anything on has to offer.

Gunslinger is a cool series. Good luck w/your training goals brobeans

Thanks for all the feedback guys, so does anyone have any advice on which post-wo shake to get? Mass Peak, Serious Mass, or Torrent?

Originally Posted by ap28allday View Post
    The glycergrow is specifically for pumps and has gotten great reviews, go for it, lemon drop is supposed to be the best flavor. Also I know u said u have protein but look into pronom23 vanilla, cellucor Cor whey, and/or protean rvc/vms. The pronom is ridiculous in vanilla. Waaay better taste wise than anything on has to offer.

Gunslinger is a cool series. Good luck w/your training goals brobeans
    I'm supposed to be receiving a sample of pronom from CL soon but you say it's delicious?? And yeah, did you like my story lol (it was for a promo)? And good luck with your goals too man, whatever they may be.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, so does anyone have any advice on which post-wo shake to get? Mass Peak, Serious Mass, or Torrent?
    in factual honesty you cant go wrong with any of the 3 they are all pretty good...hell i use cheap whey isolate from walmart rofl
    MY SIG CAN BE A NOVEL.

i <3 iceman1800

polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree, and with the test boost thing that's what I was asking kingarnold. I understand about the blend statement; and I know, that's why I was looking to get one because I normally make my own gainer but it takes like 10-30 minutes of my time and I want to try a pre-made gainer that I can just put in and go to save time and hit my macros. And I agree, I try my best =p.

And no actually, it's one of mine it's from a story I wrote in another thread. I wrote it like that because I really like that intro line from the The Gunslinger.
    10-30 minutes of your time to make a home made gainer? It takes me less than a minute to make mine. What do you put in yours?

in factual honesty you cant go wrong with any of the 3 they are all pretty good...hell i use cheap whey isolate from walmart rofl
    Yeah, lol, I just came across a little bit of money and want to act upon my supp lust for a change. But I know what you mean, I'm just looking for the best bang for my buck from those.

Originally Posted by polgas View Post
    10-30 minutes of your time to make a home made gainer? It takes me less than a minute to make mine. What do you put in yours?
    - Well I start with 4 oz water (I add 4-6 more throughout the making of the shake), then add 1/2 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of cheerios, a dash of cinnamon then let it blend for a minute
    - I then add 2.5-3 tbsp of olive oil and 2.5-3 tbsp of honey (this takes a while as the honey tends to stick to the tablespoon so I have to push it out manually) and let it blend for a second
    - I then add 2 scoops whey and let it blend
    - I then add 2.5-3 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/2 a banana (if I have one) and let it blend

The reason it takes so long is I have a crappy old blender that can't handle all of the ingredients together at once so I have to go step by step to prevent it from being too thick to drink.

Don't get me wrong it's a good blend, but sometimes when I work out late I can't use the blender and it's so time-consuming I'd rather just try a shake I can spoon in add water or milk and go.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you have a multi, fish oil, and whey

Get the casein if you'd like or get a blend. The dymatize creatine is fine, 3-5gs ~4days a week. Continue to make your own gainers - just use different ingredients to make them faster.

the rest is wasted money.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    - Well I start with 4 oz water (I add 4-6 more throughout the making of the shake), then add 1/2 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of cheerios, a dash of cinnamon then let it blend for a minute
    - I then add 2.5-3 tbsp of olive oil and 2.5-3 tbsp of honey (this takes a while as the honey tends to stick to the tablespoon so I have to push it out manually) and let it blend for a second
    - I then add 2 scoops whey and let it blend
    - I then add 2.5-3 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/2 a banana (if I have one) and let it blend

The reason it takes so long is I have a crappy old blender that can't handle all of the ingredients together at once so I have to go step by step to prevent it from being too thick to drink.

Don't get me wrong it's a good blend, but sometimes when I work out late I can't use the blender and it's so time-consuming I'd rather just try a shake I can spoon in add water or milk and go.
    Just buy yourself a 32 oz spider bottle and mix the following:

2-3 cups milk - 270-450 calories (depending if it's whole or fat free)/24 g protein
    1 cup oats - 300 calories / 10 g protein
    2 scoops protein powder - 220 - 300 calories / 40 - 60 g protein

2 servings of these shakes is roughly 2000 calories and 180 g of protein!!

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    you have a multi, fish oil, and whey

Get the casein if you'd like or get a blend. The dymatize creatine is fine, 3-5gs ~4days a week. Continue to make your own gainers - just use different ingredients to make them faster.

the rest is wasted money.
    You truly think? Well which of the blends do you think I should get: the Mass Peak, Anabolic Peak (sorry guys forgot to mention that one), or Torrent

2-3 cups milk - 270-450 calories (depending if it's whole or fat free)/24 g protein

Spider bottle ehh? Never heard of one, is it more like a shaker bottle or like the bottles with the built in blades/fan/etc.?

Cool, just looked up the spider bottle I like it but it's on backorder on bb.com =(

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    RebelPoet, just get the classic beginner's stack and be done with it: Protein powder, multivitamin, fish oil, and creatine. Those are the most frequently recommended and they are worth taking.

if your willing to take all this and spend cash why not throw in a natty test booster?...testosterone should be higher priority over all these supps.

Cool, just looked up the spider bottle I like it but it's on backorder on bb.com =(
    the one in bb.com is the small one, and their price is pretty high. I've seen the big one sold on-line for as low as 5.99

SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cool

Originally Posted by BetterThanLife View Post
    RebelPoet, just get the classic beginner's stack and be done with it: Protein powder, multivitamin, fish oil, and creatine. Those are the most frequently recommended and they are worth taking.
    2 undeniable truths here -
    1. calories in > calories out = success. If you want, still add in a banana for or some peanut butter or any other food mix-in for flavor (or eat side by side); the same taste all the time can get boring, even if it is for a goal.

2. Get those basics in - as BTL suggested. When checking labels, if you have to go budget on creatine (mono), make sure it says CreaPure(R) on it. Even the cheaper ones should say it, but make sure. From my limited knowledge, it's consistent.

Someone mentioned Cellucor Cor-Performance Whey - the Peanut Butter and Marshmallow rocks! great whey and it's more isolate than concentrate, but still has digestive enzymes, which would help when making mass quantities of scoops. and it mixes really well. Sometimes I can get gassy a little while after drinking a double, or a 1.5, especially with all that milk. I'm trying an All-In-One right now, so the creatine is mixed in. The taste is really good, but only comes chocolate.
    Cellucor Black Ops

1Cor 6:19-20, 1Cor 10:31, Phil 4:13

wrapping: ProMera PéAK 400 & CON-CRēT (t=155116453)

past logs/reviews:
    P6 is Back in BLACK (t=153328101)
    ErgoShed + ErgoBolic = My Shortcut to Shred Secret (t=153380681)
    Will Anabolic Halo get me into heaven? (a MuscleTech story) (t=151254743)

ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks good if you're willing to spend that money. Like others mentioned, casein is not a must have, but I do enjoy taking it before bed and other times of the day because it keeps my hunger satisfied moreso than a whey shake. As you mentioned also, the free nitropeak deal is great right now, so take advantage of it however you wish! Choco PB Mass Peak is the bee's knees too brother.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You truly think?
    I absolutely know.

By blend, I meant blended protein - something that contains several different forms. Giant Sports Delicious Protein, Musclepharm Combat Powder are all popular.

Don't waste your money on gainers or post workout shakes. You already have the protein, add carbs and fats - cheaper to do it yourself and it will taste better too.

if you put this much effort into mapping out your training, and rest you'll do well.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    I absolutely know.

By blend, I meant blended protein - something that contains several different forms. Giant Sports Delicious Protein, Musclepharm Combat Powder are all popular.

Don't waste your money on gainers or post workout shakes. You already have the protein, add carbs and fats - cheaper to do it yourself and it will taste better too.

if you put this much effort into mapping out your training, and rest you'll do well.
    I know what you meant my a blend. I know, I wrote that I usually make my own gainer a couple posts back, the reason I was looking at a pre-made gainer is because I now have a little bit of extra money and would like to try using one that doesn't take as long prep time.

Originally Posted by ISurfNudeBrah View Post
    Looks good if you're willing to spend that money. Like others mentioned, casein is not a must have, but I do enjoy taking it before bed and other times of the day because it keeps my hunger satisfied moreso than a whey shake. As you mentioned also, the free nitropeak deal is great right now, so take advantage of it however you wish! Choco PB Mass Peak is the bee's knees too brother.
    Hmmmm, I'm starting to think I will just get more whey then instead of casein, maybe get the bogo 1 lb nitro peak so that way I would have 2-3 lbs of it. And do you think Choco PB is better than CnC?

Originally Posted by SWelch View Post
    2 undeniable truths here -
    1. calories in > calories out = success. If you want, still add in a banana for or some peanut butter or any other food mix-in for flavor (or eat side by side); the same taste all the time can get boring, even if it is for a goal.

2. Get those basics in - as BTL suggested. When checking labels, if you have to go budget on creatine (mono), make sure it says CreaPure(R) on it. Even the cheaper ones should say it, but make sure. From my limited knowledge, it's consistent.

Someone mentioned Cellucor Cor-Performance Whey - the Peanut Butter and Marshmallow rocks! great whey and it's more isolate than concentrate, but still has digestive enzymes, which would help when making mass quantities of scoops. and it mixes really well. Sometimes I can get gassy a little while after drinking a double, or a 1.5, especially with all that milk. I'm trying an All-In-One right now, so the creatine is mixed in. The taste is really good, but only comes chocolate.
    Indeed, they are. As for #2, I already have whey, fish oil, multi, and creatine lol, I am always learning but it's not like this is my first round on supplements. I was mainly asking if anybody had used the products I was looking at and what they thought of them. But yeah, I always just buy bulk creatine (I usually get the Vitamin Shoppe brand but Dymatize and bb.com are better cost/serving ratio, but the bb.com one is cheaper).

the one in bb.com is the small one, and their price is pretty high. I've seen the big one sold on-line for as low as 5.99
    Hmmm, cool I'll look around and whenever I do get whatever I get, the cart will probably be at least 150 so I could get the free big smart shaker bottle too.

Originally Posted by BetterThanLife View Post

Hey BTL, thanks for the feedback, but like the OP says I do already have the basics. I have a good fish oil, almost out of (but getting more creatine), whey, and a multi that I use regularly. With this thread, I was really asking if anybody had tried what I was looking at getting to see if they would recommend anything, tell me not to get anything, etc.

By popular consensus here, it's starting to look like I'm not going to get the casein (but instead getting even more whey), and just having a whey shake before bed.

Edited OP a tad, so you can get a better idea of my questions.

And so far, it's starting to look like I am going to:

- not get casein but just get more whey instead

^ my question with that is just: is a pre-bed whey shake as "effective" or does it promote anabolism as well as a pre-bed casein shake?

Thanks for all the great feedback so far.