battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BodyCraft F320 Bench Assembly Question - How does this bit fit?

Hi all, I received a new F320 FID bench last night and have been assembling it today. It all went together pretty smoothly except one last bit - adding the leg support pads extension into the frame. Its the silver bit with the foam pads as seen on the left of this pic.

There is a springy red selector knob which connects to a pin that goes into a hole in the metal extension bar, that keeps the extension at the selected height. By pulling it back, it should allow the extension to be adjusted up and down. On mine, even after pulling the pin back as far as it goes, there is still a little edge that protrudes into that space.

I can't get the extension to slide past this part, so the bottom of the extension rests against it even if I have the pin pulled out or not.

I've tried wriggling it past, applying pressure to keep it forced it to the opposite edge to slide it past, everything.. but there just doesn't seem to be the room to push it further in.

Can anyone who has a F320 bench confirm that they also have this protruding bit into the gap and advise if they had any problems when fitting this leg support piece, and if so how they resolved it?

Many thanks.
    Soup Soup, tasty soup soup, spicy carrot and corriander, chilli chowder, crouton crouton, crunchy friends in a liquid broth, I am gespatchio Oh! I am a summer soup mmmm!, miso miso, fighting in the dojo, miso miso, oriental prince in the land of soup!

ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is that an adjusting nut in the 2nd photo? Can you get an open ended wrench on that nut... turn that nut one way or the other to adjust that threaded pin?... or maybe you won't need a wrench at all, try simply turning that red dial to see if that adjusts the pin.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by battlejacker99 View Post
    Hi all, I received a new F320 FID bench last night and have been assembling it today. It all went together pretty smoothly except one last bit - adding the leg support pads extension into the frame. Its the silver bit with the foam pads as seen on the left of this pic.

[img]http://www.fitnesslyceum.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/o/bodycraft-f320-decline_1.jpg[/img

There is a springy red selector knob which connects to a pin that goes into a hole in the metal extension bar, that keeps the extension at the selected height. By pulling it back, it should allow the extension to be adjusted up and down. On mine, even after pulling the pin back as far as it goes, there is still a little edge that protrudes into that space.

I can't get the extension to slide past this part, so the bottom of the extension rests against it even if I have the pin pulled out or not.

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/103919085/20130119_006.jpg[/im

I've tried wriggling it past, applying pressure to keep it forced it to the opposite edge to slide it past, everything.. but there just doesn't seem to be the room to push it further in.

Can anyone who has a F320 bench confirm that they also have this protruding bit into the gap and advise if they had any problems when fitting this leg support piece, and if so how they resolved it?

Many thanks.
    The adjusting nut that the pop-pin goes into needs backed out until you have clearance.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) battlejacker99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ygohome and irongandpa - thank you. By drawing the pin back and then turning the knob/adjusting nut, I was able to draw it back in position so it now sits flush. It's so obvious now, I think I had my dopey head on today
    Soup Soup, tasty soup soup, spicy carrot and corriander, chilli chowder, crouton crouton, crunchy friends in a liquid broth, I am gespatchio Oh! I am a summer soup mmmm!, miso miso, fighting in the dojo, miso miso, oriental prince in the land of soup!