Thewilldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How long should a muscle strain take to heal?

Hello. About 4 weeks ago, I was doing a few sets on a seated butterfly press machine I'd not used before. The machine was set up for independent arm motion, which I am not used to. My left arm snapped back a little bit, and suddenly I got a really sharp pain in my arm, specifically around my bicep. The pain became duller and harder to isolate soon after, but I decided to end the session. It went down considerably a few hours later, but raising my arm fully extended from my side to eye level was uncomfortable. I took a break figuring it would go away in a couple days. A week later I tested it doing a set of curls and the pain came right back, right about the same as the first time I did it. I took another two weeks off, and then did a back and shoulder work out. I got through that entire session ok, but when I got home the bicep started to hurt again, and not post-workout stiff/sore, but actual pain again.

Well, it’s been another week, and I can still feel it a little bit if I extend my arm and twist my first over clockwise and counter clockwise. Kind of like when you’ve got a crick in your neck that you know you can fix if you just pop it at the right spot. I’ve got full range of motion, so I don’t think anything is seriously wrong. I’m just wondering what happened and how much longer I’m gonna have to put with this inconvenience.

Will

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go see a doc buddy.