Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Looking for cheap isometrics testing equipment

i want to pick up some isometrics testing equipment for a half decent price. im looking for the digital ones where the reading stops at the highest point.

isometrics are how ive mainly been training for awhile now, the focus is to build strength. i feel alot stronger, but now i just need some equipment so i can see the improvements ive been making.

im looking for something similar to these two pieces of equipment.

Thanks.

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bump.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Curlers View Post
    i want to pick up some isometrics testing equipment for a half decent price. im looking for the digital ones where the reading stops at the highest point.

isometrics are how ive mainly been training for awhile now, the focus is to build strength. i feel alot stronger, but now i just need some equipment so i can see the improvements ive been making.
    If the goal is strength and you've been training with isometrics wouldn't simply testing your max in whatever lifts give you numeric proof of your gains.

If your bench/squat/dead went up then your training worked. If it went up a lot, then it was very effective.

Dont necessarily need high tetetech equipment to measure strength gains.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i feel alot stronger, but now i just need some equipment so i can see the improvements ive been making.
    It seems to me that you would've had to have used this equipment ahead of time in order to find out if your strength has improved. Doing it now will only give you a data point for the future. (Which may be okay too.)

I think that using more functional benchmarks such as those mentioned by LimitStrength would be a better way to go. Chances are you know how much you could squat, bench, and deadlift. And, if not, maybe you know how much you used to be able to curl or overhead press, etc.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Good points to be fair. its just that i dont always train with weights so i just wanted another way to make sure i was progressing.

the thing is, im hardly weight training right now, just certain body parts. ive either had triceps tendonosis or a small triceps tear, so it gets in the way of all my lifts which involve pushing. this is why im strength training via isometrics rather than bodybuilding, otherwise id be out of shape. if i do bicep curls with dumbbells or a barbell to see how much ive improved at the curl, then my biceps will grow, putting them out of porportion to my triceps causing an imbalance etc.. i know it sounds terrible having a routine based around isometrics, but thats just the way it has to be for the minute. really dont know how long or even if my tricep will recover. also, isometrics might possibly help in rebuilding the strength in my arm.

another thing, i want this testing equipment for lifts like deadlifts. i dont deadlift because im worried about pulling my back out, so it would be nice to have an idea of what im pulling without doing the actual exercise. i know im short changing myself, but this is what im choosing to do for now.

if any of you know of any fairly priced equipment, please let me know.

Thanks.

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    another thing, i want this testing equipment for lifts like deadlifts. i dont deadlift because im worried about pulling my back out, so it would be nice to have an idea of what im pulling without doing the actual exercise. i know im short changing myself, but this is what im choosing to do for now.
    Thanks.
    you will NEVER have any idea what you can DL without deadlifting. As it is a combination full body exercise, you cannot just pull a scale at a certain point and know what you can DL. The same goes for any other exercise you are not really doing.

Just saying any measurement you take will have no bearing on said lift This is mostly due to having to switch between muscle groups at different points in the lift, and those switch points tend to be sticking points for different people.

Though, its your money, so good luck finding a deal
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good points to be fair. its just that i dont always train with weights so i just wanted another way to make sure i was progressing.

the thing is, im hardly weight training right now, just certain body parts. ive either had triceps tendonosis or a small triceps tear, so it gets in the way of all my lifts which involve pushing. this is why im strength training via isometrics rather than bodybuilding, otherwise id be out of shape. if i do bicep curls with dumbbells or a barbell to see how much ive improved at the curl, then my biceps will grow, putting them out of porportion to my triceps causing an imbalance etc.. i know it sounds terrible having a routine based around isometrics, but thats just the way it has to be for the minute. really dont know how long or even if my tricep will recover. also, isometrics might possibly help in rebuilding the strength in my arm.

Thanks.

Thing is for something like the deadlift even if you're testing the amount of tension you can create, you are still flexing and using your muscles in the same way just as hard as an actual max effort deadlift.

The only difference between testing it via the equipment you're measuring and performing the actual lift is the movement. If you test your isometric strength at a certain point through the deadlift movement all that means is at that point you can create that amount of force. However at the bottom of the lift you may only be able to create half that force. It's hard to say and a rather impractical and non functional test and says pretty much nothing about your actual deadlift poundages.

Go to the doctor for your tricep. If you have health insurance or live in one of the many great nations with socialized medicine get that **** scanned. They can tell you if it was a tear or joint damage etc. If they tell you it's all healed or looks like tendonitis you know where to go from there. Incorporate regular stretching and icing along with mobility work. If it's something more serious now you'll know.

As for being scared for throwing out your back, a strong back is a healthy back. High volume light hyperextensions and or light good mornings will help keep your back injury free. Then you can progress to heavier deadlifts.

However if you have a history of sciatica or back injury related to disc degeneration those may actually make things worse, depending on the nature of your condition.

The best way to prevent injury to an area is to move that area through it's weakest motions with sub maximal weights that it can handle. Then through progressive overload you slowly but surely build a bulletproof back.

Beyond that I have no idea where to get any equipment like that. Best of luck

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best thing you can do for your injuries is rest. Isometrics are tough, they are hard on the muscle and hard on the joints, you shouldnt be using them if you're carrying injuries IMHO.

Ditch the isos>Rest and recuperate>start lifting iron again, building up slowly>profit
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    The best thing you can do for your injuries is rest. Isometrics are tough, they are hard on the muscle and hard on the joints, you shouldnt be using them if you're carrying injuries IMHO.

Ditch the isos>Rest and recuperate>start lifting iron again, building up slowly>profit
    Already have. its not a new injury, ive had it for 3+ years now, just been trying to train around it. absolute nightmare let me let you. the only things i can really train with no problems are my back and legs. otherwise i like to use isometrics. ive found them pretty good so far.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    If you have an injury that is still bothering you after three years I would seriously suggest that you are doing something wrong. Talking to a doctor an getting on a some PT should be your main priority not measuring the strength you mgiht think you are gaining but that can't be used for anything since you are still nursing an injury that should have healed 34 months ago.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    If you have an injury that is still bothering you after three years I would seriously suggest that you are doing something wrong. Talking to a doctor an getting on a some PT should be your main priority not measuring the strength you mgiht think you are gaining but that can't be used for anything since you are still nursing an injury that should have healed 34 months ago.
    everyone just assumes i havent done anything to try and rehab it. ive done everything from foam rolling all the knots out (thats been the biggest helps) slow negatives, regular push ups, pressing gradually increasing the weight, icing etc..

ive seen x2 chiropractors and a physio without much help so i wont be wasting anymore money. in that time its hard PLEANTY of rest aswell so i know its not the case. isometrics is the one thing i havent given a proper go yet, and they do seem to be working regardless of what people say. ive had to live with it for years so im pretty up to date on what does and doesnt work. isometrics were recommended by the physio after i mentioned them, whether or not it will build the strength back up in my tricep i dont know, but ive definately been getting stronger.

if anyone knows of any cheap testing equipment please let me know.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by LimitStrength View Post
    Thing is for something like the deadlift even if you're testing the amount of tension you can create, you are still flexing and using your muscles in the same way just as hard as an actual max effort deadlift.

The only difference between testing it via the equipment you're measuring and performing the actual lift is the movement. If you test your isometric strength at a certain point through the deadlift movement all that means is at that point you can create that amount of force. However at the bottom of the lift you may only be able to create half that force. It's hard to say and a rather impractical and non functional test and says pretty much nothing about your actual deadlift poundages.

Go to the doctor for your tricep. If you have health insurance or live in one of the many great nations with socialized medicine get that **** scanned. They can tell you if it was a tear or joint damage etc. If they tell you it's all healed or looks like tendonitis you know where to go from there. Incorporate regular stretching and icing along with mobility work. If it's something more serious now you'll know.

As for being scared for throwing out your back, a strong back is a healthy back. High volume light hyperextensions and or light good mornings will help keep your back injury free. Then you can progress to heavier deadlifts.

However if you have a history of sciatica or back injury related to disc degeneration those may actually make things worse, depending on the nature of your condition.

The best way to prevent injury to an area is to move that area through it's weakest motions with sub maximal weights that it can handle. Then through progressive overload you slowly but surely build a bulletproof back.

Beyond that I have no idea where to get any equipment like that. Best of luck
    Refering to the tricep, i did ask my chiropractor about getting an MRI scan, but she said it would be about £200+. the reason i didnt get one is because she said the treatment would be the same regardless of whether it was a tear or tendonosis. so basically, id be left with the same situation, but id be out of pocket.

as for the low back, ive been doing the isometric deadlifts followed by back extensions. i think your right about the deadlift movement though, since its the same movement just being maximally contracted in 'x' position, it might actually be worst than doing the deadlift itself.

im going to get more proficient with the back extension then ill probably start doing some light deadlifts and see how it goes.

thanks for the advice. Repped.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Refering to the tricep, i did ask my chiropractor about getting an MRI scan, but she said it would be about £200+. the reason i didnt get one is because she said the treatment would be the same regardless of whether it was a tear or tendonosis. so basically, id be left with the same situation, but id be out of pocket.

as for the low back, ive been doing the isometric deadlifts followed by back extensions. i think your right about the deadlift movement though, since its the same movement just being maximally contracted in 'x' position, it might actually be worst than doing the deadlift itself.

im going to get more proficient with the back extension then ill probably start doing some light deadlifts and see how it goes.

thanks for the advice. Repped.
    IF it ain't better in 3 years something is wrong.

A REAL doctor with real medical training who will use the proper diagnostic tests, YES that would be an MRI, and prescribe real treatment up to and including surgery would have had this fixed a long time ago.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Yea I would have to say go to an MD or something. I'm not sure how the system works where you are but certain things might not be covered because they're ordered via a chiro and not an MD. I could be wrong but it's worth asking about.

What makes me think it could be a joint issue is if you can maximally contract the muscle during isometrics and be pain free but not perform pressing movements, then it sounds joint related.

That or an extremely tight tricep that needs fascia work after an injury.

I'd say worth calling up a doctor and asking about a scan etc.

Personally, I put very little stock in chiros because they are so hit or miss, just like MDs but I find them more so. No offense to anyone just personal experience.