Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wtf happened to my stomach.

Ive been on my new Calorie Def. for some reason ive been eating very little the past week idk i just never have apatite anymore like i used to... the long awaited saturday night was my cheat meal... Drove to McDs got some Large fries and 2 Double cheese burgers. Why the **** cant i finish any of my food anymore. Its been like this for the past week. Normal meals which i would scarf down in minutes now leave me full to the brim 1/2 through.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You realised how much of a glutinous slob you were to balloon to your weight in the first place, perhaps?

Similar thing happened to me. I'm unable to eat what I used to see as 'nothing' when I was my biggest.
    Currently cutting.

Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    You realised how much of a glutinous slob you were to balloon to your weight in the first place, perhaps?

Similar thing happened to me. I'm unable to eat what I used to see as 'nothing' when I was my biggest.
    LOL i just got 1hit

StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you've been on a deficit for a while then maybe your stomach is just not quite as used to gorging on a bunch of food like it used to be. But I don't think the fact that you can't finish 2 double cheeseburgers in one sitting is a bad thing if you're trying to lose weight. I wouldn't worry about it and just eat when you're hungry and make sure you don't neglect your fruits and veggies. And if you haven't already I would suggest going low on the carbs too.

Also what is your workout plan like? Are you pushing yourself in the gym? That will help boost your metabolism and help with appetite. I know after a big squat/deadlift day I'm usually pretty hungry by the time I get back home.
    Last edited by StankyDrawz; 01-19-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StankyDrawz View Post
    . And if you haven't already I would suggest going low on the carbs too.
    Why?
    Currently cutting.

If you've been on a deficit for a while then maybe your stomach is just not quite as used to gorging on a bunch of food like it used to be. But I don't think the fact that you can't finish 2 double cheeseburgers in one sitting is a bad thing if you're trying to lose weight. I wouldn't worry about it and just eat when you're hungry and make sure you don't neglect your fruits and veggies. And if you haven't already I would suggest going low on the carbs too.
    Thanks alot for the feedback man!! Yea it aint bad. Im really loving the new me. Even though i just started my diet i already feel the effects. (My energy skyrockets all day, I dont piss 24/7 Anymore, and yea i guess eating less in a sitting is a good thing!

and yea i tend to cut down my carbs and bad fats. I focus just on a good calorie Def with ALOT of protein. When im hungry i usually go for about 3 Clementines with a large glass of water. Although it doesnt take the hunger away it eases my mind and lets me focus on other things.

StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500) StankyDrawz is not very helpful. (-500)
    Why?
    Because he's 5 8 250? He already has a lot of reserve in the tank. I don't think he'll starve.

Also what is your workout plan like? Are you pushing yourself in the gym? That will help boost your metabolism and help with appetite. I know after a big squat/deadlift day I'm usually pretty hungry by the time I get back home.
    My Work out looks like this

4 to 5 days a week depending on my schedule usually 5

Squat 5x5
    Bench Press 5x5
    Barbell Row 5x5
    Barbell Shrug 3x8
    Skullcrusher 3x8
    Chins 3x5-8
    or Striaght Bar/Incline Curl 3x8
    Hyperextention 2x10
    Kneeling Cable Crunch 3x10-20

Sometimes when i have a little energy left over ill either do 15-25 mins of cardio or ill do some other resistance training that focus on the lesser muscles that im not currently traning. Abs, Calfs etc.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Blackfx View Post
    I focus just on a good calorie Def with ALOT of protein.
    Thats most likely why you are not as hungry anymore, protein has a high satiety value for most people and low calories so you can eat alot of it. While carbs and calorie liquids tend to give little.

Because he's 5 8 250? He already has a lot of reserve in the tank. I don't think he'll starve.
    What!?

Carbs don't make people fat. Excessive calories do. The amount of calories at the end of the day will determine whether he loses weights or not. Don't spread broscience.
    Currently cutting.

Thanks alot for the feedback man!! Yea it aint bad. Im really loving the new me. Even though i just started my diet i already feel the effects. (My energy skyrockets all day, I dont piss 24/7 Anymore, and yea i guess eating less in a sitting is a good thing!

and yea i tend to cut down my carbs and bad fats. I focus just on a good calorie Def with ALOT of protein. When im hungry i usually go for about 3 Clementines with a large glass of water. Although it doesnt take the hunger away it eases my mind and lets me focus on other things.
    Yeah protein is good... Make sure you're getting some good fats too. And I don't know exactly what your diet is like, but don't starve yourself either because you want to make this something that you can do and not fall off the wagon.

My Work out looks like this

4 to 5 days a week depending on my schedule usually 5

Squat 5x5
    Bench Press 5x5
    Barbell Row 5x5
    Barbell Shrug 3x8
    Skullcrusher 3x8
    Chins 3x5-8
    or Striaght Bar/Incline Curl 3x8
    Hyperextention 2x10
    Kneeling Cable Crunch 3x10-20

Sometimes when i have a little energy left over ill either do 15-25 mins of cardio or ill do some other resistance training that focus on the lesser muscles that im not currently traning. Abs, Calfs etc.
    You're doing squats... That's good, those are definitely great for burning calories and boosting your metabolism. Only thing I would really suggest is doing legs at least twice a week (if you're not already) and doing cardio every session. Yeah it sucks but it really is a good way of burning fat.

You're doing squats... That's good, those are definitely great for burning calories and boosting your metabolism. Only thing I would really suggest is doing legs at least twice a week (if you're not already) and doing cardio every session. Yeah it sucks but it really is a good way of burning fat.
    For sure, again thanks for the feedback!

I'm incredibly tempted to neg you on recharge.

Since when do Squats boost your metabolism?

OP, don't listen to this or the rubbish about the carbs. Doing cardio every session isn't necessary, and it'll take its toll eventually. Cardio is optional. Your weight loss will be decided by the amount of calories you eat at the end of the day. It's a good for overall health, but that much is overkill. What you're doing is fine.
    Currently cutting.

What!?

Carbs don't make people fat. Excessive calories do. The amount of calories at the end of the day will determine whether he loses weights or not. Don't spread broscience.
    You're right, I'm sorry. He should be eating lots of donuts and cheesy poofs and very little protein. Hey, as long as it fits the calorie deficit.

OP, don't listen to this or the rubbish about the carbs. Doing cardio every session isn't necessary, and it'll take its toll eventually. Cardio is optional. Your weight loss will be decided by the amount of calories you eat at the end of the day. It's a good for overall health, but that much is overkill. What you're doing is fine.
    Thats true mang! in the end its all about Calories in Vs Calories out

SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    You're right, I'm sorry. He should be eating lots of donuts and cheesy poofs and very little protein. Hey, as long as it fits the calorie deficit.
    he could easily get sufficient protein without going low carb. He ways 250 so his TDEE will be pretty high anyway, his calories for cutting would allow for lots of protein AND carbs. Stop throwing around this low carb nonsense
    I fart every time I deadlift. No idea how loud either cos of headphones. Fuark.

WTF crawled up your ass? Are your hemorrhoids acting up again or did your boyfriend dump you? So far you've offered no helpful advice at all in this thread but continually bash everything I have to say. **** off with your negativity if you don't have anything positive to contribute.

Enjoy my negs, I'm sure others will follow too.

If you can point out where I said he should donuts and cheesy poofs, whilst skipping on the protein, I'll refrain from negging you.

If it fits your macros and caloric needs, eat it. A calorie from McDonalds and a calorie from salad are the same. Does that equate to 'Eat only McDonalds'? No.

OP, don't listen to this guy. Squats boosting metabolism? Low carb diet the way to go? Cardio after every session? Did you qualify top of your bro-class, bro?

OP, get your protein, get your fat, get as much carbs as your calories will allow you to. Why? Carbs are tasty. Life was made to enjoy carbs. Want some chocolate after your steak? Eat it, if it fits your macros, why not? Don't make it harder on yourself.
    Currently cutting.

WTF crawled up your ass? Are your hemorrhoids acting up again or did your boyfriend dump you? So far you've offered no helpful advice at all in this thread but continually bash everything I have to say. **** off with your negativity if you don't have anything positive to contribute.
    I have everything to contribute, and I have offered better advice than you. I'm bashing on you so you don't send some poor guy in to a carb depleted depression as he busts his a** on a treadmill every day. I see broscience being thrown about, I make it my personal mission to stamp it out.
    Currently cutting.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

If you can point out where I said he should donuts and cheesy poofs, whilst skipping on the protein, I'll refrain from negging you.

If it fits your macros and caloric needs, eat it. A calorie from McDonalds and a calorie from salad are the same. Does that equate to 'Eat only McDonalds'? No.

OP, don't listen to this guy. Squats boosting metabolism? Low carb diet the way to go? Cardio after every session? Did you qualify top of your bro-class, bro?

OP, get your protein, get your fat, get as much carbs as your calories will allow you too. Why? Carbs are tasty. Life was made to enjoy carbs. Want some chocolate after your steak? Eat it, if it fits your macros, why not? Don't make it harder on yourself.
    Agree on all thats said here.

Also OP , I see you are doing novice 5x5, you are cycling A and B workouts right ?

Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain12 View Post
    he could easily get sufficient protein without going low carb. He ways 250 so his TDEE will be pretty high anyway, his calories for cutting would allow for lots of protein AND carbs. Stop throwing around this low carb nonsense
    I'm not throwing around low carb nonsense idiot. Would it have been better if I said go lower on the carbs? Probably not because everyone here seems to think that eating 3000 calories of twinkies is the same as eating 3000 calories of nutritious food. The only reason I said go lower on the carbs is because I assumed that the OP probably got a fair ammount of excess calories from empty carbs in the past. But I'm through trying to be helpful in this thread and have everyone take everything I say out of context. **** this.

Go **** yourself with a broken glass dildo.

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Agree on all thats said here.

Also OP , I see you are doing novice 5x5, you are cycling A and B workouts right ?
    I am not! I must have completely over looked that! Should i be doing both every other week?

I am not! I must have completely over looked that! Should i be doing both every other week?
    Recommend watching his video in the thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148036063
    Answers all the basics

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Recommend watching his video in the thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148036063
    Answers all the basics
    Is workout A in a single day? Man, that's a lot of volume! Is it only twice a week?
    Currently cutting.

Is workout A in a single day? Man, that's a lot of volume! Is it only twice a week?
    Its basicly similar to starting strength just with added volume for those that want to do more exercises in the routine. 3x a week , mon-wed-fri etc.

OP: If you are doing them 4-5 times a week that might be a bit overkill to start out with, unless your recovery is fine and able to keep increasing on lifts. If not then doing 3x a week and cardio etc. on rest days might be better.
    Just my recommendation from personal experience, no wizard on workouts so if anyone wants to correct that feel free.

piotrek26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piotrek26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piotrek26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piotrek26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piotrek26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piotrek26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piotrek26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are doing squats 2 or more times a week and starting strenght workout i would not do cardio.

Starting strenght is awesome but if you like lifting more than running then you need to prioritize getting stronger over doing cardio, if you have enough strenght after lifting to do cardio, then you are not focusing on your training enough.

If you are doing squats properly and aim to lift more and more, you simply cant do cardio. After my squats i feel just like after cardio, maybe really light jogging would not be a bad idea for you (if needed correct me on this one guys, i only tested HIIT on rest days and it gave terrible results) if you really like cardio and want to spend your time doing it instead of watching TV.

I was doing HIIT on rest days and found that not only i cant recover for my next workout but also my knee started to hurt. If you like doing cardio then dont push yourself so hard on strenght training and concentrate more on cardio and outdoor exercises, but if you like lifting hard and seeing that you can lift bigger and bigger weights on every week/month (i know i do), then drop cardio completely.

It is really debatable how much good comes from doing cardio with intense strenght training, there are just too many factors to measure it, from my experience, doing additional cardio when you are pushing yourself hard on training days is a bad idea.

Originally Posted by piotrek26 View Post
    It is really debatable how much good comes from doing cardio with intense strenght training, there are just too many factors to measure it, from my experience, doing additional cardio when you are pushing yourself hard on training days is a bad idea.
    This.

Generally strength training and running aren't good to do together. They'll largely interfere with each other. Cardio is ideally best kept to a minimum, and you focus your fat loss from diet.
    Currently cutting.

invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive been on my new Calorie Def. for some reason ive been eating very little the past week idk i just never have apatite anymore like i used to... the long awaited saturday night was my cheat meal... Drove to McDs got some Large fries and 2 Double cheese burgers. Why the **** cant i finish any of my food anymore. Its been like this for the past week. Normal meals which i would scarf down in minutes now leave me full to the brim 1/2 through.
    with all the fighting i didn't see if anyone suggested the stickies in the nutritional section of the forums, its usually the first thing someone mentions. Good luck OP