pandee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

high reps/light weight

I was just looking for some feedback on this. I personally have always either use moderate to heavy weight, because when using light weight I don't feel my muscles working much. I am happy with the amount of muscle I have, and was just curious if light weight and high reps was the way to go now? I've heard so many opinions about this too. A lot of people say its bull**** and very few say their in favor of it.just looking for opinions, thanx

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep lifting relatively heavy (10-12 reps) and play with your nutrition.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think it is always good to change up routines to keep from getting bored.
    There is no reason why you can't try a routine of increasing volume... it is getting pretty popular nowdays. Just remember if you increase sets/reps, that you need to pay real close attention to form. Those muscle will fatigue quickly, even with lighter weights.

Thanx guys for your imput. I think I'm gonna play around with it a little bit. I did chest and abs today, and I used moderate weight. I did 12-15 reps.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't really agree with high reps/low weight. I have always seen best results when i have kept my reps to under 12.

If you are looking for a change of program, I would suggest trying some new exercises. There are sooo many substitutes. Instead of a lunge, do a reverse lunge or a step up, for example.

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ya going from heavy weights to light weights won't really do anything at all for you except waiste your time in my opinion. Change reps, sets, exercices anything but keep lifting heavy to build, maintain or cut. Lower your bf = diet.
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    T: Off
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

d-LiftStyles-b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only time I do low weights high reps is AFTER my normal sets with the heaviest weights I can bear for 6-8. I just do it as a drop set to kill my arms and get the final pump. After I blast out my 3-4 sets with the heavys I will slowly drop weights and do as many reps as I can all the way down to 5lbs. Its a fun workout.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
    -Albert Einstein

well I decided to continue to lift heavier. I usually do 2 bodyparts a day and I started out trying lighter weight but realized that it was a waste of time. I didn't even feel my muscles really working not matter how much resistance i prsonally used. thanx everyone for your feedback.