BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face Need some help with specifics. Daily calories, protein, carbs, workout ect. New!

Alrighty so I went and read the stickies to get a better understanding of what my daily calories should be.
    This is what I came up with
    2240 kcals
    420 carbs
    175g protein

Now some questions. I have ON Gold standard whey protein at 24 grams per serving. I've heard to take it within 30 mins after workout ( what ive been doing) and that's it all day. Others say to take it at breakfast, lunch, and after workout and on rest days. Do you take it on cardio days too?
    Ive also read that taking BCAA is good for gaining muscle, and while I was at VitaminShoppe I saw some in pill form. Should I take amino acid supplements as well?

My tub of protein is 2lbs at 29 servings, so it should last a month if I keep using it the way I have been. ( If I should keep using it that way)

And also, what are the basics of bulking? Ive been hearing that you can't do cardio and you have to eat a big amount of calories? Is there a benefit to Dirty bulking? Should I dirty or clean bulk?

Is it possible to still get significant gains while losing body fat?

For food, to get all my calories in one day on point, I just need to figure out how many calories are in say, 2 cups of green beans and work that into my daily intake?

as for working out, A friend of mine says to do heavy weight at 15 reps for each muscle group for the day I'm doing. Another said light weight more reps. I've also seen some people do shoulders and chest one day, calves and quads another, bi's tri's and back another ect. Another friend said it depends on the person what their workout should be. Clearly I have no Idea what would be most beneficial to me.

this is what I do right now.
    Mon-Upper ( then the next week it starts on lower)
    Tues-carrdio HIIT
    Wednesday-lower( then the next week its upper)
    thurs- cardio HIIT
    friday-upper
    Sat-cardio HIIT
    Sun- Rest.

If needed I can elaborate on my workouts.

My goals are to do Figure at some point in the future.

I'm 140 lbs 5'8" 19 Moderately active with a semi-demanding job.

Thanks, and sorry If this is redundant

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you would benefit from another run through with the stickies. Lots of your questions can be answered their. Only take a protein sup. if you are not getting in your required amount through food. Bulking is bulking. Dirty or clean is personal preference.
    You should probably select a better program. A lot of women try Starting Strength and see good results.
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't see any allocation to Fat grams in your calorie break down. You need healthy fats!!

Light weights, high reps is not the way to go. Stick to heavy weight WITH PROPER FORM. Do compound lifts (squat/DL). Look on the beginner workout program stickys here and in the regular section of the forum.

You cannot do a bulk and lose bodyfat at the same time. Bulk=eating over maintenance=muscle gain & fat gain. You can stay at maintenance and do a re-composition if you so desire. If figure really is your goal, put your big girl panties on, accept the fat increase, and take full advantage of the noob gains you can get while eating at a surplus (10-20% above your maintenance). The fat will come off easily when you cut as long as you maintain disciplined.

Try your best to get your calories from nutritious whole food to best support your muscle growth. Get an app (like myfitnesspal) to track your calories/macros. Yes, if you eat 2c green beans, you track the calories from it, along with your other food. WEIGH EVERYTHING, at least until you know what your portion sizes look like. Is calorie tracking really stresses you out you may need to move to intuitive eating. Only you will be able to decide this. It works for some.

Good luck. Train hard.
    Being weak is a choice. So is being strong.

CBBF IFBB Pro Qualifier-August 9, 2014

BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the kind responses!
    Doi! I had no Idea they had beginner stickies! I'll go over the ones I overlooked.
    Oh trust me, I have no fear of getting fat haha and I'll start up a fitness pal and see how that works. Would you say it is expensive to eat the way a bodybuilder needs to eat? My mother and I are running into financial troubles and I want to figure out if it's possible to eat that way without spending too much.

-Sam

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's really not about what specific types of food you have to eat. It's about figuring out your calories/macro nutrient needs for your goal and achieving them with whatever foods you choose. Protein powders and supplements can get expensive, so just make sure your getting your daily requirements with the foods you choose.
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.