MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat Stands Question

Ok, here's what is likely a very dumb question...

What are the Hooks on the top of my Squat Stand useful for?
    Attached Images

jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Spare set when you **** up the first?

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MattDruid View Post

What are the Hooks on the top of my Squat Stand useful for?
    They're to provide greater storage capacity when you quit lifting and start using the stands as a clothes hanger.

qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm assuming that design is supposed to hold the bar down in case you load too much weights on one side

MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jlockleOSU View Post
    Spare set when you **** up the first?
    Thought about that, but they are not the same size.

Originally Posted by qwan456 View Post
    I'm assuming that design is supposed to hold the bar down in case you load too much weights on one side
    That's the best theory I've heard so far... makes sense. Although I might need a coat hanger on laundry days...

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Its a safety latch. It swivels over the bar to provide safety when changing plates. If you unload one side a bit too much it is supposed to help hold the bar in place.

natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) natlajoie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by qwan456 View Post
    Those are definitely to hold the bar. I had those type of hooks on my very first bench set from Sportsmart. They flip over the bar either for storage or holding the bar down when putting on weights.

iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by natlajoie View Post
    Those are definitely to hold the bar. I had those type of hooks on my very first bench set from Sportsmart. They flip over the bar either for storage or holding the bar down when putting on weights.
    This is the correct answer. It's probably a good idea to use them where children might want to climb on the bar (rare but it could happen).

I had the same thing on my first weider bench when I was 14 or 15, oh dear...