PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10) PKSebben is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i started lifting weights for first time, starving all the time now!

is it normal to be hungry constantly?

i normally eat about 2000 calories as my maintenance, but i've been trying to lean bulk and eat 2200 calories while following the jim stoppani workout routine on this site and making sure to get at least 150 grams of protein each day (which has been really hard to do, though shakes help, i used to only eat about 80 grams of protein a day)

i've been lifting on the program for 2 weeks and now im starving all the time!

i just ate a sandwich that 3 weeks ago would have made me full for the rest of the day, now its been 2 hours and im already hungry again... (plus i had 2 eggs for breakfast, when i used to not even eat breakfast)

is this normal? am i not eating enough? if i'm not eating enough am i losing fat or muscle right now? it feels totally bizarre to me to be eating so much food and still feel hungry without doing any cardio...

right now i'm 6 feet tall and weigh 150 pounds, 15% bodyfat

sry in advance if this is a stupid question, like i said, i'm new to lifting weights (i used to do some casual athletics in high school and college, but no weights program)

2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    tired? sleep.
    thirsty? drink.
    hungry? eat.
    simple.

gay? cawk.

MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaudeMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stay away from Protein shakes, the extra food will help in staying full.

Also, the whole "Eat 6 - 8 times a day to stoke the metabolic fire" is bull. Studies have shown that it has no actual metabolic advantage. Condense those into meals that will actually keep you full. Meal timing does not matter at all.

Those are my tips to you.
    Current Lifts

Squat 415
    Deadlift 455
    Bench 280

Champions are made when no one is watching. ~ Unknown

MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrZombieSteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MaudeMoo View Post
    Stay away from Protein shakes, the extra food will help in staying full.

Also, the whole "Eat 6 - 8 times a day to stoke the metabolic fire" is bull. Studies have shown that it has no actual metabolic advantage. Condense those into meals that will actually keep you full. Meal timing does not matter at all.

Those are my tips to you.
    imo the whole 'eat 6+ meals a day' hype was probably more or less started by people watching body builders on the juice. Eating frequently is after all a pretty important thing when doing so, and in that they more likely than not had gathered that it would get them the same results while applying the same approach, unbeknown to them that there was a very specific reason for their diet(the Juice) making the end process a far far different one from the generalizations they had hoped would work.

every time I ask somebody why they think it's a good idea to eat that frequently that doesn't give me the whole 'your body is more active when digesting all day' bs I get "well, all bodybuilders/powerlifters do it."

Maybe I'm wrong, but for everything I have said you can be damn sure a good portion of them are on or have used aas at one point, so in that from all I've said it does appear to give some credence to what I wrote above.