Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by FitnessCPA View Post
    I was talking U.S. I can't speak for other countries.

I agree that it's great to make videos and more power to whoever does and makes a few extra bucks. But I just don't think it's realistic to try to make a living off of it.
    Complete speculation here, but I'd guess that some of the bigger YT fitness channels pull in a decent chunk of change. I think that if anyone wants to work at getting really popular on YT, making a living off of it is just as 'realistic' as making a living off anything else. I don't think anyone's saying it's a quick ticket to riches, but as a medium for income, it's definitely a viable medium, and those who are good at it will definitely be pulling in some decent bucks. Once again, keep in mind that I'm just speculating based on casual observations, not hard data.
    Last edited by alan aragon; 01-22-2013 at 12:50 AM.

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I still don't understand why Google Chrome has an ad blocker to by pass ads, forfeiting revenue.

Youtube ads, not even once.
    Seek truth and reason

LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    keep in mind that I'm just speculating based on casual observations, not hard data.
    Never realized you were a bro.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Complete speculation here, but I'm pretty sure that some of the bigger YT fitness channels pull in a decent chunk of change. I think that if anyone wants to work at getting really popular on YT, making a living off of it is just as 'realistic' as making a living off anything else. I don't think anyone's saying it's a quick ticket to riches, but as a medium for income, it's definitely a viable medium, and those who are good at it will definitely be pulling in some decent bucks. Once again, keep in mind that I'm just speculating based on casual observations, not hard data.
    I remember we talked about this on FB before. I argued that big channels could easily make a living off of it but other people were not so convinced. Obviously they're the small minority though.
    Last edited by FeelTheFear; 01-21-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Considering some of the bigger channels admit to doing YouTube as their fulltime job, it's not hard to believe that the big channels out there are pulling in some decent change

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not sure how accurate this website is:

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/twinmuscleworkout
    Yo momma's research methodology is so flawed...

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RubenOlivares View Post
    Not sure how accurate this website is:

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/twinmuscleworkout
    Socialblade is 100% accurate they base the figures on the income from a number of sample adsense accounts to figure out the rough income for a given niche. Everyone I know when we talk their average numbers are right about 50% of the top end range. You can use it to fairly accurately assess the incomeof any channel. People making speculations on this topic haven't bothered to do even the most basic of research on 2011, 2012 or 2013 numbers. The big channels are pulling millions. Anyone with 50K subs is more than capable of making very nice middle class income.

It isn't an easy ticket though. Building a channel is a lot of work but it is a viable career and if another video channel becomes more popular adsense has it setup for you to just add it to your account and keep trucking. Lots of people do crossovers on their account already with their othe web traffic and their youtube channel.
    Last edited by JasonDB; 01-22-2013 at 02:03 AM.

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Complete speculation here, but I'd guess that some of the bigger YT fitness channels pull in a decent chunk of change. I think that if anyone wants to work at getting really popular on YT, making a living off of it is just as 'realistic' as making a living off anything else. I don't think anyone's saying it's a quick ticket to riches, but as a medium for income, it's definitely a viable medium, and those who are good at it will definitely be pulling in some decent bucks. Once again, keep in mind that I'm just speculating based on casual observations, not hard data.
    I disagree. Look at the percentage of people making YouTube videos. How many of them make enough to feed a family for a year? I doubt very many. I don't personally know anybody who's made anything on YouTube. I look at it like the NBA. Even if you're good, the odds of making a living doing it are slim to none.

I am also speculating and may be completely wrong. I have no hard data or anything either.

My logic is if it were that simple to just work hard and make money on YouTube, everybody would be doing it. People would be quitting their miserable average $50k a year Joe Schmo jobs and instead making videos.
    Few things are set in stone, except that you have to squat or you are a pussy. - Mark Rippetoe

ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The ranges are hilarious. 79k a year to 700k a year. Lol.

Of course they are 100% accurate. "We at socialblade estimate that TWM make between 0 and 5 billion a year."

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FitnessCPA View Post
    I disagree. Look at the percentage of people making YouTube videos. How many of them make enough to feed a family for a year? I doubt very many. I don't personally know anybody who's made anything on YouTube. I look at it like the NBA. Even if you're good, the odds of making a living doing it are slim to none.

I am also speculating and may be completely wrong. I have no hard data or anything either.

My logic is if it were that simple to just work hard and make money on YouTube, everybody would be doing it. People would be quitting their miserable average $50k a year Joe Schmo jobs and instead making videos.
    Arguably you could say the same thing about photography, wedding planning, catering, coaching, publishing, etc.

This isn't a disagreement per se, but there are plenty of fields and careers that start off as a side hobby until a person can make a liveable income. Then they do quit their miserable average $50k a year job

That doesn't mean every single person who picks up a camera will be able to support themselves by continuing to do so, but there are plenty of people who work and network hard enough to eventually be able to.

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ko300zx View Post
    The ranges are hilarious. 79k a year to 700k a year. Lol.

I know, the ranges are ridiculously huge. Now if it were 600k-700k/year that would be different to me, but 79k-700k is just sloppy.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    Arguably you could say the same thing about photography, wedding planning, catering, coaching, publishing, etc.

This isn't a disagreement per se, but there are plenty of fields and careers that start off as a side hobby until a person can make a liveable income. Then they do quit their miserable average $50k a year job

That doesn't mean every single person who picks up a camera will be able to support themselves by continuing to do so, but there are plenty of people who work and network hard enough to eventually be able to.
    Great points made here. Building an income from a YT channel is very similar to developing your own business, which with rare exceptions is going to be a slow climb. Growing a YT channel has many elements of the typical entrepreneurial exploit that's developed on the side until you're ready to kick your 'regular' job to the curb. It's not the traditional route of interviewing & getting hired for the right position by the right firm; it's more a matter of gradually building your customer or client base. Add to this that YT can be used to leverage product sales, and the income potential is pretty damn huge.

To use JasonDB as an example, he started his channel less than a year ago, has about 7500 subscribers & over half a million video views. His rate of growth will likely increase progressively from this point, since exposure on the web begets more exposure in an exponential way. If he keeps at this, it seems inevitable that he will earn a substantial income within a few short years. I don't see how a gambler's luck or the narrow chances of getting drafted into the NBA resemble this at all.
    Last edited by alan aragon; 01-22-2013 at 11:08 AM.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Scooby is a millionaire !!!!!

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Scooby is a millionaire !!!!!
    Last I heard he's been chillin' in his garage building a plane

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ghosting View Post
    I know, the ranges are ridiculously huge. Now if it were 600k-700k/year that would be different to me, but 79k-700k is just sloppy.
    That is based upon possible daily fluxuations in CPC, clicks, impressions etc... what you find is that the DAILY ranges do vary as much as the chart shows but the average over time for most channels is going to be very close the middle of the two extremes. No one is going to be at the very low or very high end of that estimate when mapped over months or the entire year even though they will have a couple days a year where they hit the bottom or top of the estimates. Maybe even a day of both in a single month (I know I have had this happen).

Guys you really should at least do some basic research before giving your opinions on a topic... some serious bro-science in this thread. "I don't think this or that could be done because like this could happen or I looked at out of date numbers... I haven't actually researched any of this but am giving my opinion anyway." So basically almost no one in this thread other than me and maybe Andrew, both of whom have channels and can see our own daily numbers and projections, actually have even the most remote of clues what they are talking about regarding a new career/business that has been created due to modern technology and society.

I'm honestly like 20% more monthly income from having my social security reviewed and given a trial leeway period where if I make too much money doing part time work over a 6 month period after which my social security may be suspended until my need returns (without removing my disability status). There is a LOT more money in this than people think and a LOT more than I realized when I started my channel. I honestly thought it would just be a small thing that might supplement my income and make a couple hundred $ a month at the very most. I had no idea I'd be making even close to what I do now in a fairly short time period or that it would open other ventures up. My channel is actually creating potential for income in other areas and I've been invited to join a monthly round table with Dr Casey Butt whose work I am a fan of etc. This is the best idea I have had in a very very long time.... and I have zero regrets thus far. I would say to anyone if they think they have a niche for something they are passionate about that people might want to watch and are willing to put in the work as it is not easy to get your outreach going you will need help of larger channels 95% of the time... that it is a very viable option. Don't let negative people and naysayers who know **** all about it stop you.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    That is based upon possible daily fluxuations in CPC, clicks, impressions etc... what you find is that the DAILY ranges do vary as much as the chart shows but the average over time for most channels is going to be very close the middle of the two extremes. No one is going to be at the very low or very high end of that estimate when mapped over months or the entire year even though they will have a couple days a year where they hit the bottom or top of the estimates. Maybe even a day of both in a single month (I know I have had this happen).

Guys you really should at least do some basic research before giving your opinions on a topic... some serious bro-science in this thread. "I don't think this or that could be done because like this could happen or I looked at out of date numbers... I haven't actually researched any of this but am giving my opinion anyway." So basically almost no one in this thread other than me and maybe Andrew, both of whom have channels and can see our own daily numbers and projections, actually have even the most remote of clues what they are talking about regarding a new career/business that has been created due to modern technology and society.

I'm honestly like 20% more monthly income from having my social security reviewed and given a trial leeway period where if I make too much money doing part time work over a 6 month period after which my social security may be suspended until my need returns (without removing my disability status). There is a LOT more money in this than people think and a LOT more than I realized when I started my channel. I honestly thought it would just be a small thing that might supplement my income and make a couple hundred $ a month at the very most. I had no idea I'd be making even close to what I do now in a fairly short time period or that it would open other ventures up. My channel is actually creating potential for income in other areas and I've been invited to join a monthly round table with Dr Casey Butt whose work I am a fan of etc. This is the best idea I have had in a very very long time.... and I have zero regrets thus far. I would say to anyone if they think they have a niche for something they are passionate about that people might want to watch and are willing to put in the work as it is not easy to get your outreach going you will need help of larger channels 95% of the time... that it is a very viable option. Don't let negative people and naysayers who know **** all about it stop you.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Guys you really should at least do some basic research before giving your opinions on a topic
    how much research do you do on each specific topic, before you produce your vids? or are you grasping from the research of others, not unlike what others are doing ITT with youtube payout structure
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
    -Mark Twain

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back..."
    -Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by Linzzz View Post
    how much research do you do on each specific topic, before you produce your vids? or are you grasping from the research of others, not unlike what others are doing ITT with youtube payout structure
    Are you posting Linzz or Bunk? Truth pls.

I do plenty of research and I have plenty of real world experience in most of the topics. Oh hai Bunk.

Other channels talk in private about their numbers, and I am friends with more than one channel who make their living off this, so I know how they stack up compared to socialblade and their numbers look the same as mine. I have full analysis available regarding my own stuff as an adsense account holder. At the very least people should have looked at something like social blade and google how accurate it is and how they get the numbers and why the ranges are huge or asked someone with a youtube channel and adsense account how accurate they are. That would be at least the bare minimum. That would be taking 10 minutes to do basic research on the topic. The numbers in the last two years exploded. People literally make 10x what they were showing in those 2009 and 2010 reports and it has been projected to slowly increase due to the nature of the market and internet advertising.

So basically if I did 10 minutes of reading I would have done more research than people itt.

Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you posting Linzz or Bunk? Truth pls.

no, this is linzzz silly!

huge fan btw! you're the cutest asian i know. <3 <3 <3 <3
    -Mark Twain

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back..."
    -Henry Rollins

no, this is linzzz silly!

huge fan btw! you're the cutest asian i know. <3 <3 <3 <3
    Ugh... I hate not knowing whether a guy or a girl is being cheeky w/me.

Ugh... I hate not knowing whether a guy or a girl is being cheeky w/me.
    (no Thailand)

(no Thailand)

hey, as long as it's post-op: play ball(s)!
    -Mark Twain

-Henry Rollins

hey, as long as it's post-op: play ball(s)!
    ^Okay, confirmed for Bunk

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jason, why do you have so many subscribers (like 7k) and yet your vids have 1, 500-2, 000 views (except the ones posted from other pages)?

You get paid on the views, correct?

Originally Posted by PhiSig2298 View Post
    Jason, why do you have so many subscribers (like 7k) and yet your vids have 1, 500-2, 000 views (except the ones posted from other pages)?

You get paid on the views, correct?
    I have lots of videos with more views than that actually. Not all subscribers watch all of your videos but a lot go through and watch 100 of them. It all adds up. You get paid for other things besides raw views. Things like how long people watch those ads before they skip them etc all matter. Also consider that some of those 2-2.5k view videos I have 3 or 4 of them uploaded in a single day when you do your math.... I don't do just 3 or 4 videos a week here, I upload at least 20 videos a week. I average about 10,000 views a day currently... check my socialblade. I put up enough diversity that as long as most of my subscribers watch one video a day out of my selection it gives good numbers.

I should have 20k subscribers in less than 6 months.... and if my numbers continue as projected, which they probably won't, 50k by New Year. I network with other channels enough and have enough fans promoting me in larger venues that I shouldn't slow growth until 20k though. I take a lot of effort into getting my videos to appear in search engines and if need be if I slow after 20K I will invest in an advertising campaign.

Plus things like my cell tech series (as I am a former chemist and dealer and paid for part of my education helping local fooseball players pass their random tests so I actually am an expert on this topic) draws me in a unique market because no one else is doing it and about 200 of my subscribers only come to my channel to watch those specific videos etc.
    Last edited by JasonDB; 01-22-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PhiSig2298 View Post
    lol GTFO..
    Tyler, you are being foolish in this case. My short (yet wildly popular) lived YouTube channel netted over 70 subscribers and almost 3,000 views. My videos had over 70 likes combined and over 50 comments. During my viral rise to fame, I carefully studied my analytics and saw trends in the monetization of my page. During this weeklong period, I accumulated approximately $0.00. Now, with a little math I can apply this to figure out Jason's yearly salary. He is closing in on 8,000 subs and half a million views. Assuming similar ad clicks, you can multiply my weekly income by ~1,000 to arrive at his weekly income. Now, since his channel had been around nearly a year, we can multiply this number by 52. So, [($0.00x1,000)*(52)]=$0.00.

Now, his average yearly income from work prior to this was $0.00. As you can see, he easily matches his previous annual income with his YouTube income, accounting for a 100% increase in revenues from his channel alone. So, once again, you can definitely make a similar living off YouTube than you had before making videos. You can be skeptical all you want, but Jason is making as much money now doing something he loves as he did before.
    Transformation Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145176171

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Guys you really should at least do some basic research before giving your opinions on a topic
    Aside from calling 79k-700k a sloppy estimate (which I do consider it being such a huge range), I understand what you are saying about the variables. That being said, outside of maybe feeling like you just wanted to clarify the issue, don't feel like you have to defend it to me.

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Leprechauns1021 View Post
    Tyler, you are being foolish in this case. My short (yet wildly popular) lived YouTube channel netted over 70 subscribers and almost 3,000 views. My videos had over 70 likes combined and over 50 comments. During my viral rise to fame, I carefully studied my analytics and saw trends in the monetization of my page. During this weeklong period, I accumulated approximately $0.00. Now, with a little math I can apply this to figure out Jason's yearly salary. He is closing in on 8,000 subs and half a million views. Assuming similar ad clicks, you can multiply my weekly income by ~1,000 to arrive at his weekly income. Now, since his channel had been around nearly a year, we can multiply this number by 52. So, [($0.00x1,000)*(52)]=$0.00.

Now, his average yearly income from work prior to this was $0.00. As you can see, he easily matches his previous annual income with his YouTube income, accounting for a 100% increase in revenues from his channel alone. So, once again, you can definitely make a similar living off YouTube than you had before making videos. You can be skeptical all you want, but Jason is making as much money now doing something he loves as he did before.
    God, I am so madly in love with you.