teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)

NASM (my experience)

I decided I wanted to be a trainer, and change other peoples lives the way I changed my life through fitness. I searched different certifcations and finally decided on NASM. They seemed like one of the elite certifications, and I wanted to be a part of their name. PLus it just sounds cool to say , I'm NASM certified lol. My entire experience was awesome with them. I finally took the test yesterday, and passed. I went in incredibly nervous, but for new people coming in and wanting to get certified through NASM I want to tell you the test is NOT that hard at all. I found it relatively easy, I knew almost every question except about 7 that I flagged then went back, then did a process of elimination. What to study? know your exercises and what level they are. know your acute variables, love page 169... if you have any questions just ask. thanks for reading! geaux saints!
    "Champions train, losers complain"

ISSA CERTIFIED
    NASM CPT

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by teamgenetics View Post
    I decided I wanted to be a trainer, and change other peoples lives the way I changed my life through fitness. I searched different certifcations and finally decided on NASM. They seemed like one of the elite certifications, and I wanted to be a part of their name. PLus it just sounds cool to say , I'm NASM certified lol. My entire experience was awesome with them. I finally took the test yesterday, and passed. I went in incredibly nervous, but for new people coming in and wanting to get certified through NASM I want to tell you the test is NOT that hard at all. I found it relatively easy, I knew almost every question except about 7 that I flagged then went back, then did a process of elimination. What to study? know your exercises and what level they are. know your acute variables, love page 169... if you have any questions just ask. thanks for reading! geaux saints!
    Whats your background and what made it easy? Did you study often? I am wary about NASM due to the amount of comments I always see in bold from different people and wouldn't want to take a cert that doesn't challenge me.

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    You didn't find the test hard? I normally do awesome on tests, but I walked out of that one honestly unsure if I'd passed or failed. The questions seemed nitpicky and indirect to me, which is what made it hard.

teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) teamgenetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

I mean I read the book once, did the note cards, practice quizzes, and studied my butt off the whole week, even woke up early before the test to study some. Not just anybody could pass the test, you have to study and know the material... That's why it was easy to me, I knew the material.

ISSA CERTIFIED
    NASM CPT

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I mean I read the book once, did the note cards, practice quizzes, and studied my butt off the whole week, even woke up early before the test to study some. Not just anybody could pass the test, you have to study and know the material... That's why it was easy to me, I knew the material.
    So you studied for a week and passed? Sounds like like a bogus cert imo

jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OR, we could apply some common sense that he's obviously studied exercise science in some fashion before studying NASM. If you have no experience with exercise science/kiniesiology you don't study it for a week and pass. I'd bet the house OP studied these concepts before NASM.

No, I've been studying it for months, I just studied all day everyday the week of the test also, mostly just the acute variables.. Apparently NASM is not a bogus certification when most of the trainers in sports are NASM certified ex. Dallas Mavericks. I'm just saying , study, learn the material and it's not that hard.. But most of the people that I know personally that have taken it, have failed the first time.

ISSA CERTIFIED
    NASM CPT

Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whats your next step now that you have your CPT?
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

Bulk time

Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I studied my ass off for the test and crammed harder the final week before. I went in to take the NASM exam and was.. WTF!!!!!! I could not believe how easy it was. I wasn't sure if I knew everything I needed to that made it easy but then I thought I was a freaking wreck before all nervous and stuff, I thought I was going to fail because I am not the best study person. IMHO it is too easy.

Also because there are threads all over the net that have actually ?'s and answers from the exam on them. I do not know why NASM hasn't seen these threads and decided to change the exam. But it's a business and profit means a lot...

Originally Posted by Hardworker123 View Post
    I studied my ass off for the test and crammed harder the final week before. I went in to take the NASM exam and was.. WTF!!!!!! I could not believe how easy it was. I wasn't sure if I knew everything I needed to that made it easy but then I thought I was a freaking wreck before all nervous and stuff, I thought I was going to fail because I am not the best study person. IMHO it is too easy.

Also because there are threads all over the net that have actually ?'s and answers from the exam on them. I do not know why NASM hasn't seen these threads and decided to change the exam. But it's a business and profit means a lot...
    So should quality of the cert, if it continues the way it does and people can just look up the questions it will mean jack squat but most clients don't care about creditably.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LiftHeavy85 View Post
    So should quality of the cert, if it continues the way it does and people can just look up the questions it will mean jack squat but most clients don't care about creditably.
    It should matter but it doesn't (not saying NASM is bad). But there can be terrible trainers with any cert. The overall industry standard is just pathetic
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reidallaboutit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    With a descent amount of study and some common sense it isn't difficult at all. From what I've heard though, it's a lot tougher than other ***** out there. I'd agree with torrtrefireto that the overall industry standard is lacking. In my short time working in health and fitness I've met a lot of trainers who have no clue what they are doing. But there are also a lot of good ones. I don't think the cert has any real bearing on it. It really comes down to individual intelligence, background, experience, and passion to continue learning and experimenting on their own...outside the scope of a certifications programming guidelines.

NASM is a quality cert imo for training general population. It does seem however they've cut it down and made it a bit easier in their revised editions of the cert. There used to be 7 phases where they go into more detailed assessment and corrective exercise to address posture issues and muscle imbalances (which is now a separate cert that costs an additional few hundred dollars). It is a business I guess.
    "The worst thing I can be is the same as everyone else. I'd hate that"

Jan. 2012 Bodybuilding.com Transformation of The Week

***Actively seeking sponsorship's***

any person with any certification can be a bad trainer, or can be a really good trainer, to be honest, I Just got NASM because I wanted to say I was NASM certified but only thing I will probably use are the muscle imbalances and how to correct them. Before getting certified I have trained my friends (men and women) and both have had great results so I'm not gonna switch methods, just wanted to be certified, but NASM is a good certification and has a lot of great information to learn, I learned things I didn't know, and to me, that's what it's about. Learn things you don't know, then use them to help others or your self. The purpose of this thread was just to say how much I enjoyed doing the NASM certification, and dealing with their employees, they are a really nice group of people. I was VERY nervous before the test, but I studied my butt off, that's why it was easy.. not because the test is actually easy and any person could just go in there and pass it. You study, you understand the information, you pass which I guess relates to any test you take. HOpe you guys have a great monday!

ISSA CERTIFIED
    NASM CPT

rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rutzilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey bro, congrats on the NASM, Ive been cert'ed through them since 2000, they must have changed their test alot since then, it was easy for me but I had more advanced training through college. I think they are still considered in the top 3 best ***** out there. NSCA, ACSM, and NASM.

I knew a few people who couldn't pass the test the first fw times but they were still not half bad at training.

I took an AFFA test (just to a move up to master trainer at my gym-needed another cert) just the basic PT test, holy crap, nobody should be training anyone with just that basic cert, injuries just waiting to happen.

jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LiftHeavy85 View Post
    Strong unjustified NASM hate.

fkvgf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The NASM exam will be as easy or as difficult as one makes it. If you slack off on the studying the exam will be a different language. However, if you grasp the message they are trying to convey, if you use common sense, if you know muscle imbalances, basics about nutrition, stretching, imbalances and corrections you will do fine. Do not use sources such google to find out if the test is hard or easy because thats time wasted(could have been studying) The NASM exam is broad and in depth at the same time (oxymoron.) the study guide emphasizes regression and progression if you work out and some studying you will realize the common regressions and progressions of an exercise. Look at the basic picture NASM is painting. DO NOT over think things. Imagine your self as a personal trainer and visualize what you and your client would be doing as far as exercises and if the client had imbalances what you would do. The exam is not tricky, there is one right answer and the other three are very wrong (not even close.) Essentially, you know it or you dont