WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile How does working out HELP your life?

I used to be soooo into bodybuilding, I was HUGE.... biggest guy in my fraternity; I worked out for about 1.5 years straight. But then I just got bored with it. I wasn't doing it to get girls, or anything like that... I just loved being big. I maxed my body out completely. Pretty much every single muscle on my body was bulging out.

Now I'm trying to get my mass back up to where I was cause I've lost a bit from not working out in the past few months... but I'm trying to figure out, what good does it actually do for me?

Lol, I'm not trying to discourage anyone here, I'm just curious.... in what areas of your life does working out/ bodybuilding help you? Or is it strictly a hobby?
    Last edited by WilliamBo91; 01-18-2013 at 06:39 AM.

HelpxMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HelpxMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HelpxMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HelpxMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HelpxMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HelpxMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WilliamBo91 View Post
    I used to be soooo into bodybuilding, I was HUGE.... biggest guy in my fraternity; I worked out for about 1.5 years straight. But then I just got bored with it. I wasn't doing it to get girls, or anything like that... I just loved being big. I maxed my body out completely. Pretty much every single muscle on my body was bulging out.

Now I'm trying to get my mass back up to where I was cause I've lost a bit from not working out in the past few months... but I'm trying to figure out, what good does it actually do for me?

Lol, I'm not trying to discourage anyone here, I'm just curious.... in what areas of your life does working out/ bodybuilding help you? Or is it strictly a hobby?
    besides self confidence, healthier living, showing self discipline, and of course greater endurance? oh nothing.

WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HelpxMe View Post
    besides self confidence, healthier living, showing self discipline, and of course greater endurance? oh nothing.
    Yea I get how it's healthy and all.... I'm referring more to bodybuilding/bulking, like serious heavy lifting.

In what areas do you feel more confident? Also, by greater endurance, do u mean with women?

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)

Your large ego at the first made me LOL!

HelpxME basically said it all for me; not sure what else you can get out of it other than pride and knowing that I can lift more weights than I could 60 days, 1 year, 5 years ago.
    USMC.
    "If there’s no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm."

BrodyBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HelpxMe View Post
    pretty much this , you just feel better overall when you work out. It also gives you a chance to burn off some stress which is good in the long run.

KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am pretty similar to you, always lifted for football (played in college) during college i decided I didn't care as much about football as i did about being swole. I love being the "big" guy and being the strongest/best looking in the gym. I don't use it to get girls even though it does help with that, i just love being the guy that everyone asks questions about training, supplements, and little things here and there. Now that football is over i'm looking forward to taking my body to the next level. And i help with our strength and conditioning department here.

bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i only lift for aesthitics, staying lean and having above average strength.

yesterday i went for a walk with a girl I'm seeing.
    brb being able to hold her and myself up when she almost fell crossing the river.
    brb not getting out of breath & keeping my head on the conversation rather than my exhaustion.

its good for stress relief & just general health

size & bulk is useless apart from making girls wet imo

lbfootball97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Don't do it for anyone. Honestly at this point my favorite thing to do is go to the gym, it takes off a HUGE amount of stress. One of the greatest feelings is achieving a goal that I set for myself, on the flipside, it can't hurt for sports haha
    Pre-Bulk stats: (153 lb.)
    Bench - 185
    Squat - 275
    DL - 295

Current stats: (About a month - 161 lb.)
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 315
    DL - 315 (Back spasm's keeping me from my goal)

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Imo, better hobby than sitting at home and playing video games. Having a fit, athletic, and healthy body is rather important to me personally. I have friends that have been lifting for years and are 30+ but yet look like they are about 25ish. Outside of that, you asked what the point of bulking is......my goal is to become big(200ish lbs with a low body fat) because that is my ideal look/goal physique. Why not try and reach something you want? Plus if you are bulking, you get to eat a lot. What's not to like about that?

Originally Posted by Misctake7 View Post
    Imo, better hobby than sitting at home and playing video games. Having a fit, athletic, and healthy body is rather important to me personally. I have friends that have been lifting for years and are 30+ but yet look like they are about 25ish. Outside of that, you asked what the point of bulking is......my goal is to become big(200ish lbs with a low body fat) because that is my ideal look/goal physique. Why not try and reach something you want? Plus if you are bulking, you get to eat a lot. What's not to like about that?
    They look 25 in the face just because they lift weights for a long time? I've never heard that before

Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domo230 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have found that while it has made a change in my body, the biggest effect has been on the mind.

Training oneself to keep going when in pain, to not stop when the going gets tough and when you feel tired or discouraged.

These skills are the key to greatness in every aspect of life, not just the iron game and the skills I have been putting these skills to use outside the gym.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They look 25 in the face just because they lift weights for a long time? I've never heard that before
    I can't tell you why, but it seems like it keeps some kind of youthful look to them.

magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magsnus1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure if i am the only one thinking like this, but I do it for the pump almost rather than the results.. the pump makes me feel invincible.
    instagram @magsnus1122

DEvans3919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEvans3919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEvans3919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last January I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and I was having flares after flares. At times I couldnt feel my lower body I would get dizzy. I would lose control of my left side. The whole summer I was having flares and since I have got active in the gym I haven't had any flare in the past 7 months. I have even stopped taking my medicine I believe the gym is my medicine.

cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bluejay83 View Post

size & bulk is useless apart from making girls wet imo
    Which is awesome imo and totally worth it (SRS). When I used to bang girls when I was a skinny fat bitch they weren't really into the sex nearly as much as I was and it almost seemed like they were just doing me a favor by letting me bang them. Now that I have abs and have gained 30 lbs of muscle I can just see it in their eyes that they like it more. Get way wetter and I've gotten more BJ's.

Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it keeps me sane, if i dont workout ill be depressed as fck.

Originally Posted by magsnus1122 View Post
    Not sure if i am the only one thinking like this, but I do it for the pump almost rather than the results.. the pump makes me feel invincible.
    So you're saying that the only reason you work out is for the temporary, 30 minute "pump" that you get?

JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I workout because I'm unhappy with how I look. Working out makes me feel good because I feel I am getting to a point where ill be happy with how I look. If it impresses others in the end that's cool but I do it for me

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Skeeeeet View Post
    it keeps me sane, if i dont workout ill be depressed as fck.
    Same here. In HS I worked out in the school gym, pushing some ok weights for my size. In college did some 25lb curls and pushups. When started a job I stopped doing even that because I had no energy or motivation. It got to the point where I could barely focus, felt terrible all the time, was depressed. Could barely hold a desk job. Didn't know what to do about it, of course I sat on my ass basically all day, every day, then went to bed. At one point didn't want to eat much and lost weight where my ribs were showing. Why eat when I just sit at a computer?

Weightlifting fixed most of these problems. Now I want to look big and pretty since I have to exercise anyway to not fall into that state.

I understand if you're a big guy already you just maintain a pretty physique and probably get bored doing the same routine.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Detrus View Post
    Same here. In HS I worked out in the school gym, pushing some ok weights for my size. In college did some 25lb curls and pushups. When started a job I stopped doing even that because I had no energy or motivation. It got to the point where I could barely focus, felt terrible all the time, was depressed. Could barely hold a desk job. Didn't know what to do about it, of course I sat on my ass basically all day, every day, then went to bed. At one point didn't want to eat much and lost weight where my ribs were showing. Why eat when I just sit at a computer?

Weightlifting fixed most of these problems. Now I want to look big and pretty since I have to exercise anyway to not fall into that state.

I understand if you're a big guy already you just maintain a pretty physique and probably get bored doing the same routine.
    You know I think I might be the same way... doing it to help depression, I used to struggle with depression and getting back into working out (few years after HS i just smoked weed) really helped me "live" again, got back into college, etc. I never really thought about it like that.

And yea when you're big it does get old so I just started getting into cardio... then I realized my size large shirts weren't fitting like they used to lol and I was like noooooo so here I am, starting another bulk cycle lol

dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dusky99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I get the same sense of satisfaction from it that I used to get from leveling up in an MMO like World of Warcraft, except it's real life and more significant. I just love the feeling of progressing through getting bigger and stronger. It also branches out to many other aspects of your life by increasing confidence and how others perceive you.

leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Hey WilliamBo91,

How did bodybuilding help me? Bodybuilding awoken the qualities that were already in me.

I've learned through bodybuilding hard work. I've always been a hard worker. I used to work three jobs at one point in my life. Funny that bodybuilding and hard work come hand in hand.

I've learned patience and preserverance. I've realized that bodybuilding is a slow process especially if you're going natural. It is through the small gains that compound on top of eachother that pays off.

I've learned how to set goals. To set a goal and break it down into measurable increments.

I've learned confidence. I've learned to believe in myself to learn how to motivate myself. The old model, success breeds confidence, confidence breeds success.

I've learned to man up and realized that being nice all the time will not get you far in life. I've learned to be aggressive in a authentic way that is aligned with my character.

I've learned that what I've accomplished in bodybuilding, I could accomplish outside the gym. I've learned about myself.

Hope that helps.

“Just like in bodybuilding, failure is also a necessary experience for growth in our own lives, for if we're never tested to our limits, how will we know how strong we really are? How will we ever grow? ” Arnold Schwarzenegger
    "Your body is the mirror of your mind"

www.MuscleInTheMaking.com