Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Rhomboid Exercises

Are there ANY middle back exercises that do not rely on the bicep as well? I need to isolate them since my biceps take a lot of the weight off my back because they are so damned strong. Only thing I can think of is a middle back fly of some sort that would really target those muscles.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000) jocularric is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lat/Kelso Shrugs, Dip Shrugs, and Chinning Bar Shrugs are three exercises you can use to hit your rhomboids. Your biceps act only as stabilizers in these movements.

Pick up a copy of Kelso's Shrug Book IMO, it's a great book to have in your library.
    You can play the game or live the adventure.

Goals--To be able to do the following exercises:
    Front Lever Pull-ups
    Planche Push-ups
    Muscle Ups
    Human Flag

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    honestly it is really just learning how to take the biceps out of the back movements as much as possible.

Sure you can do some reverse flyes and what not. But your just not going to be able to use enough weight to really challenge your back and put major muscle on.

your biceps will always be doing some work in back movements. But you have just got to learn to take them out as much as possible. It took me years to learn how to do this

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

find a cable pulley machine (like a cybex) and set the arms up high up to your head, take a crossover grip and pull back and down in a reverse fly motion. you'll hit your rear delts too but also rhomboids and a little bit of lats. kind of hard to explain without visuals but hope you get the jist of it
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Back exercises for people with strong arms"

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1403235

DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    honestly it is really just learning how to take the biceps out of the back movements as much as possible.

Sure you can do some reverse flyes and what not. But your just not going to be able to use enough weight to really challenge your back and put major muscle on.

your biceps will always be doing some work in back movements. But you have just got to learn to take them out as much as possible. It took me years to learn how to do this
    If you have a problem doing this, do back exercises with a wide grip. I do Pendlay rows with a wide grip so the ROM between start and when your arms are 90 degrees is very small. After that point, it's mostly rear delts and rhomboids.

Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eclectic1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All kinds of rearward shrugs: from rowing position and chinning position.

I like to do rearward shrugs at the end of each set of rows and chins.

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by take it easy View Post

^^^^
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    middle back shrugs are good. Lie on an incline bench (or flat i don't think it matters unless your arms are long enough to hit the ground) and squeeze the shoulder blades together. I do those supersetted with incline dumbell rows it gives me a great pump in the middle of my back!

Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    If you want to remove your biceps from back workouts, do not grip attachments with your thumb. Use your 4 fingers and remove your thumb completely from the movement, this will remove the biceps a lot from the exercise.

A good exercise to hit the rhomboids is behind the neck pulldowns. Just be careful with these as they can damage your rotator cuffs, so try not to add too much weight.

olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by take it easy View Post

I was gonna post that link

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sweet...the T-nation link showed me a lot. Middle back shrugs and cross over cable flyes it is!
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/