Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Step Beyond's Journey to the Stage with the help of Alberto Nunez and 3DMJ

Well, its that time again.....time to put it all on the line.

I have largely disappeared from the pages of bb.com the last few years, but have continued to lurk in the shadows.

As I now sit thirteen weeks out from my April 13, 2013 show, I have decided to jump back into the forums as I way of tracking my journey, garnering support and creating an enhanced sense of accountability.

About me.......I am a married, 41 year old father of two boys (9 and 5). They keep me busy, but I have managed to maintain a reasonably healthy and active lifestyle and not turn into your average, middle-aged couch potato. I competed in a small show in 2008 with little knowledge and not a great deal of lifting behind me. I essentially went on a six month cut to only come in far too lean (as I was that couch potato at the time).

Since 2008 I have stayed in the gym and continued my lifts. I enlisted the help of Alberto Nunez and 3DMJ in January 2012 (wow....a full year already with them) and they have been guiding me since.

I am prepping for two shows, of which I am thirteen weeks out from the first;

April 13, 2013 - UFE Spring Bash
    April 21, 2013 - IDFA Novice Classic

Berto has been fantastic and cant say enough about his help, support, information and guidance.

Currently the diet is as follows;

40f / 190c / 230p which equates to about 2050 cals/day.

I am 6'3" and currently sitting at 198lbs. I suspect my show weight will be around the 185lb mark. So at 13 weeks out, I am looking at 1lb a week loss. Still holding jelly around my midesction which will surely be the last to go.

I am lifting four days a week and doing cardio two days a week. As the log unfolds I will get more into the specifics of my lifts. If I can figure it out, I'll also attach some current pics ;-)

Well, thats about it for now......thanks for taking the time to read and I'll be sure to keep the updates coming.
    Attached Images
    Getting stage ready with the help of Alberto Nunez and 3DMJ !!!!

Follow the journey at; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151186213

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In! Good luck. Looking forward to your progress!

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In great hands for your prep

Good luck to your show im sure the time will fly by before you walk on stage

Good set of pictures, start them off young ha
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    In great hands for your prep

Good luck to your show im sure the time will fly by before you walk on stage

Good set of pictures, start them off young ha

Thanks for stopping by........lol, ya, they always get a kick out of it when I take progress pics and feel the need to photo-bomb me....lol.....

Ya, Berto has been fantastic - wealth of knowledge and very positive in his approach !

If anybody knows how to embed pics so I can get rid of the links, please let me know........I know its terribly annoying to have to open up pics.

Thanks !!!!!!

Thanks for reading !

I see you did a show in the fall - how'd it go???? Any plans for another ?????

Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    In! Good luck. Looking forward to your progress!
    Thanks for reading !

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Step Beyond View Post
    Thanks for reading !

I've been steadily improving. I took 1st in sub-masters, 2nd (lost by 1 pt) in Novice tall, and 5th in open tall. Learned a lot and working on improvements for the next time around.

I'm deciding between a few shows this fall (2013) or waiting until next fall (2014). Originally I was going to wait until 2014 but the competitive bug is started to come out and my kids really enjoyed watching me the last time. I'll probably decide by March if I can stay within about 20-25lbs of stage weight.
    My 2014 off-season and prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229683

Prep is a piece of cake. Why? I got kids, four of 'em, nothing harder than that.

Trying to get this picture thing figured out......hope it works........

Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    I've been steadily improving. I took 1st in sub-masters, 2nd (lost by 1 pt) in Novice tall, and 5th in open tall. Learned a lot and working on improvements for the next time around.

I'm deciding between a few shows this fall (2013) or waiting until next fall (2014). Originally I was going to wait until 2014 but the competitive bug is started to come out and my kids really enjoyed watching me the last time. I'll probably decide by March if I can stay within about 20-25lbs of stage weight.
    That's awesome - good for you !!!!!! I'll be in the Masters (40+) this go-around. Plan on crossing over to Open as well. Really hoping they have a 'tall' category too - at 6'3" and a leaner build it is really tough going up against somebody who is 5'5" and compact.....lol......

After my initial show in 2008 I planned on coming back and doing another the next year, but it got away from me and here I am 5 yrs later. Although I have made some gains ( i think ;-) kids and life have a way of getting in the way and I let my self get distracted a bit. I wish I would have done a better job at maintaining my weight and competed more often........you can take that for what its worth.......

Here's one from my show in 2008. Hopping to come in carrying a bit more size this go-around, and be a tad leaner as well.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for this bro!
    advertising not permitted

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Best forum around Alex, you will dig this place!
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking awesome in the pics. Plenty of time to dial it in! You're in good hands with Berto and the guys at 3D
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wish you the best man! Good luck!
    Follow my journey to the 2016 Spartan Beast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoih36zyNmXAbIQ_MaBsHw

Bodybuilder and Obstacle Course Racer

For Interviews and Tips from Elite OCR Athletes, check out: www.spartanbuddy.com

Absolutely anything is possible through Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    in for this bro!
    Thanks for stopping by !!!!!

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Best forum around Alex, you will dig this place!
    Thanks for checking in, and as always thanks very much for the ongoing support. Feeling very confident about the whole process and strategy with you and 3DMJ in my corner. My stress is low and and maintaing an upbeat attitutide. Feel like its just on cruise control now and just wait for the calendar to count down !!!!!

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Looking awesome in the pics. Plenty of time to dial it in! You're in good hands with Berto and the guys at 3D
    Thanks Bro.......feeling leaner every day. The plan is to come in tight and lean a week early and leave some wiggle room if needed. Depends how stubborn the last of that belly jelly is ;-)

Originally Posted by TIUjoe View Post
    wish you the best man! Good luck!
    Appreciate it !!!!!!

Afternoon Kids,

Just a quick update before the weekend rolls around........thought I would share my workout plan with you. As I mentioned, its a four day plan, using the RPE (rate of perceived exertion) approach. Never applied that to my workouts, so when Alberto rolled it out I was a wee bit confused by it all. However, after a week or two I could see how the volume increases and really taxes the system. Just finished my 6th week on this rotation. 8th week will be a de-load, so we'll see if things get changed up after that. At that point, I'll be about 10 weeks out.

Starting next week I'll throw down the actual numbers on my lifts and get a bit more into the explanation of RPE if anybody is interested and hasnt used it. Diet is still spot-on. Weight has been steady at 198 the last four days, so i am expecting a whoooooosh anytime soon that will drop me another pound or two. The plan is to be at 195lbs by the end of the month. Also need to get in one more cardio session this weekend at some point. On the ice four times with my kids this weekend, but we'll make it fit in.

Have a good one.......

Day 1 Lower
    Front Squat
    Leg Extensions
    Leg Curls
    Calf Raise(Bent Knee)

Day 2 Upper
    DB Bench Press(Flat)
    Horizontal Row of Choice (seated/cable)
    Vertical Row of Choice (pulldown - wide)
    Cable Flys/Crossover
    Tricep Extensions (pushdowns)
    DB Curls w/suppination

Day 3 Lower
    Pause Squat(2 second Pause)
    Leg Pres(2 second pauses)
    Leg Press(Single Leg)
    Leg Curls
    Calf Raise(Straight Leg)

Day 4 Upper
    Overhead Press (DB's)
    Pause Bench Press (DB's)
    DB Rows
    Cable Rows
    Overhead Tricep Extension
    Lateral Raise

Quick Monday morning update...........weekedn was solid with the diet - no issues........onr cardio session in..........30 minutes on the treadmill.......level 6 with an incline of 3.........

Hit legs this morning at 6:30am before work.........Lower - Day 1, which consisted of;

SQUATS
    275 x 6
    245 x 6 (4 sets)

LEG EXT.
    190 x 10
    175 x 10 (4 sets)

LEG CURLS
    125 x 20
    110 x 20 (2 sets)

SEATED CALVES
    160 x 20
    140 x 20 (3 sets)

ABS........side bends with plate.......cable crunches.......

And DONE........

Quick pic from this morning pwo.....not the best quality.......was a steady 198lbs all last week......197lbs this morning, so think the body may be getting ready for a whooooooosh........

Still eating at 40 / 190 / 228 = 2050 cals......

Slow and steady, but getting ready to gear it up - only 12 weeks out !!!!!!!

Not sure why that pic was so small.....trying again.....

Here's the data from this mornings lift;

UPPER - Day 2

DB Bench Press
    95 x 5
    90 x 5 (3 sets)

Single Arm / DB Rows
    110 x 6
    100 x 6 (4 sets)

Pull Downs - wide grip
    160 x 10
    140 x 10 (3 sets)

Cable Crossovers
    30 x 15
    25 x 15 (2 sets)

Tri Pushdowns / Extension
    87.5 x 15
    80 x 15 ( 3 sets)

DB Curls with Suppination
    35 x 15
    30 x 15 ( 2 sets)

Weighed in at 198lbs again today. Been steady at that weight for about 8 days now. Calories have been steady at 40 / 190 / 230 = 2050.

Have been doing two cardio sessions per week at 30 minutes each - light jog on the tread. Appears that is about to change to see if we cant get that scale to budge. Going to be leaving the cals the same but add in some extr cardio......4x a week now.

No biggie, was anticpating changes like this to come along the way when the scale gets stuck. Would much rather add a bit of cardio than decrease the cals. Some days it already feels very low........2050 is not a tonne of food.......lol........not starving, but could do with a little more........is it too early to start planning my post show binge ???????? lol........

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In for tall guy prep!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Like Paul said - in for this. Us lanky fellas need to stick together

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    In for tall guy prep!
    Not to mention 'old guy prep' ......lol......thanks for stopping by Paul !!!! Been an admirer for a long time. Amazing to see your progress over the years - gives hope to us other 6 footers who are trying to build that natty physique without looking too tall, lean and out of place against those more compact competitors. Congrats on the new biz as well !!!!

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Like Paul said - in for this. Us lanky fellas need to stick together
    LOL....without a doubt. I am really hoping that my show has a "Tall" category.......feel very out of place standing next to somebody who is 6 - 8" shorter but carrying the same weight.......makes them look huge and me just tall and lanky.......lol.......

As for the updates.........yesterday was a rest day, although I got in my thirty minutes cardio. Berto just doubled my cardio - no biggie........need to squeeze in two hours a week now.......likely do 30minutes x 4 sessions, although if I can find the alone time I have no issues bumping up the time........right in the swing of hockey season and with both of my boys on the ice a combined 5 - 8 times ( i coach both teams) extra time is usually something I dont have ;-)

This morning was my second LOWER day of the week;

PAUSE Squat (2 sec. pause at bottom)
    245 x 6
    225 x 6 (4 sets)

PAUSE Leg Press
    10 plates x 10
    8 plates x 10 (3 sets)

Single Leg Press
    2 plates x 3 sets

Leg Curls
    125 x 20
    110 x 20 (2 sets)

Standing Calf
    340 x 8
    320 x 8 (3 sets)

Plus some AB work.

Very much on cruise control it seems......having no issues with the diet, cardio or lifts.......feeling very positive about the experience and trying to enjoy it for what its worth. In 2008 when I did my show I was a bag of hammers....totally stressed from 20 weeks out and didnt enjoy it, but pushed through. Not certain what is so different this time around - going to have to give that some that and if I figure it out I'll let ya know ;-)

Real PhD/Fake Bodybuilder adknows's Avatar
    adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not to mention 'old guy prep' ......lol......thanks for stopping by Paul !!!! Been an admirer for a long time. Amazing to see your progress over the years - gives hope to us other 6 footers who are trying to build that natty physique without looking too tall, lean and out of place against those more compact competitors. Congrats on the new biz as well !!!!

LOL....without a doubt. I am really hoping that my show has a "Tall" category.......feel very out of place standing next to somebody who is 6 - 8" shorter but carrying the same weight.......makes them look huge and me just tall and lanky.......lol.......

As for the updates.........yesterday was a rest day, although I got in my thirty minutes cardio. Berto just doubled my cardio - no biggie........need to squeeze in two hours a week now.......likely do 30minutes x 4 sessions, although if I can find the alone time I have no issues bumping up the time........right in the swing of hockey season and with both of my boys on the ice a combined 5 - 8 times ( i coach both teams) extra time is usually something I dont have ;-)

This morning was my second LOWER day of the week;

PAUSE Squat (2 sec. pause at bottom)
    245 x 6
    225 x 6 (4 sets)

PAUSE Leg Press
    10 plates x 10
    8 plates x 10 (3 sets)

Single Leg Press
    2 plates x 3 sets

Leg Curls
    125 x 20
    110 x 20 (2 sets)

Standing Calf
    340 x 8
    320 x 8 (3 sets)

Plus some AB work.

Very much on cruise control it seems......having no issues with the diet, cardio or lifts.......feeling very positive about the experience and trying to enjoy it for what its worth. In 2008 when I did my show I was a bag of hammers....totally stressed from 20 weeks out and didnt enjoy it, but pushed through. Not certain what is so different this time around - going to have to give that some that and if I figure it out I'll let ya know ;-)
    6ft+ and 40+!!! In for motivation. Best of luck to you.

Originally Posted by adknows View Post
    6ft+ and 40+!!! In for motivation. Best of luck to you.
    Do appreciate it !!!!! Trust me, down the stretch I'll be leaning on this room alot more to keep that motivation running on high.

Wrapped up this weeks lifts earlier today........finished my 7th week on this current program. Next week I will be 11 weeks out and it is a de-load week. Be lifting at 70% of my current weights, and only doing one initial set and one back-off set only. Going to be difficult to do so little in the gym and resist that urge to do more. Putting all the trust and faith in Berto that he is guiding me straight - and I know he is !!!!

This mornings data;

OH DB Press
    60 x 10
    55 x 10 (3 sets)

DB Bench Press - 2 second pause at bottom (that pause is a frikkin' killer - saps my strength....lol..)
    55 x 12
    50 x 12 (3 sets)

DB Row
    80 x 15
    75 x 15 (3 sets)

OH Tri Ext. - cables
    80 x 15
    72.5 x 15 (3 sets)

Lateral Raises
    25 x 15
    20 x 15 (2 sets)

More cardio scheduled for tonight and another session on Sunday..........

Few pics pwo from this morning.......that stubborn lower belly jelly is definitely going to be my nemesis !!!!!

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates.....fell off the grid last week with a nasty bout of the flue and was bed ridden for a few days.......miserable stuff - drained, no energy, chills, sweats.........slept for three days straight. Started feeling normal around Thursday last week, but still dont feel I have all my energy back yet. Oh well, must soldier on. Currently sitting at 9 weeks out !!!!!! And glad the flu hit this far out, as opposed to in my last two or three weeks.

Berto has continued to be an inspiration and motivator. Couldnt be happier with my decision to use him and 3DMJ for this prep.

My lifts have recently changed, so it has been nice to shake it up. New lifts are as follows, and will be using a 3 on, 1 off format. Squeezinf in plenty of cardio as well 4 - 6 sessions a week (30 minutes on the tread).

Lower Light Rep Target
    Leg Press/Hack Squat 8 to 10
    Bulgarian Split Squat 8 to 10
    Leg Curl of Choice 12 to 15
    Leg Extension of Choice 12 to 15
    Bent Leg Calve Raise 12 to 15

Push Light Rep Target
    Flat Chest Press of Choice 8 to 10
    Overhead Press of Choice 10 to 12
    Flies(Cable) 10 to 12
    Tricep(Short Head) 12 to 15
    Lateral Raises 2 to 15
    Tricep(Long Head) 15 to 20

Lower Medium Rep Target
    Squat 6 to 8
    Leg Curl of Choice 6 to 8
    Leg Extension of Choice 8 to 10
    Bent Leg Calve Raise 8 to 10

Pull Light Rep Target
    Horizontal Row of Choice 6 to 8
    Horizontal Row of Choice(Chest Supported) 6 to 8
    Lateral Raises 8 to 10
    Vetical Row of Choice#1 8 to 10
    Vetical Row of Choice #2 8 to 10
    Bicep Curl of Choice 15 to 20

Lower Heavy Rep Target
    Squat 3 to 5
    Deadlift 4 to 5
    Straight Leg Calve Raise 8 to 10

Upper Heavy Rep Target
    Flat Chest Press of Choice 3 to 4
    Horizontal Row of Choice(Chest Supported) 6 to 8
    Overhead Press of Choice 6 to 8
    Bicep Curl of Choice 6 to 8
    Tricep(Long Head) 6 to 8

The weight loss has been going well........currently at 188lbs............cals have stayed the same, which has been a blessing.........2050 cals.....40f/190c/230p.

9 weeks out - time to dial it in on the home stretch !!!!!

Few pics taken yesterday for your time ;-)

[img] http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/..._FEB112013.jpg [/img]

[img] http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/..._FEB112013.jpg [/img]

Trying the pic thing again......

Real PhD/Fake Bodybuilder adknows's Avatar
    adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50) adknows will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=Step Beyond;1024702593]Trying the pic thing again......

Glad you're over your flu. It looks like you've been putting in the work. Down 10lbs great progress.

[QUOTE=adknows;1024719443]
    Trying the pic thing again......

Glad you're over your flu. It looks like you've been putting in the work. Down 10lbs great progress.
    Ya, flu was great for weight loss........lmao........was able to keep it off ;-) Berto is wanting 186 by next Monday (at 8 weeks out) and is hoping to have me pretty much at 'show weight' two to three weeks out. Not sure what that weight will be, but guessing around the 180 mark.

Be nice to come in low and tight early and not be panicking in the 11th hour.

Hey Gang,

Quick update......been a bit tardy in my updates the past two weeks.......just never enough hours in the day to squeeze everything in. Reluctantly, these updates become more of a luxury than necessity......lol.....

Anyway, still on track and chugging away........sitting at 7.5 weeks out !!!!!! Time is flying by !!!!!!

Things are going well......two weeks into the new program and I am really enjoying it. It was time to mix things up and this one is refreshing and challenging, more so in the respect that I am now lifting three days in a row, then taking one day off. Gotta remember I'm an old guy, so the extra energy expelled and calorie deficit is starting to take its toll - getting a little tired more frequently. I have also upped my cardio significantly to 6 days a week......30 minutes on the tread.......level 6, elevation 3.....Also started my posing practice last week - sucking wind and trembling BIG TIME, so glad to get started on that and improve my conditioning over the coming weeks.

Been a few changes in the diet as well......I had hit a sticky point and was stuck at 188lbs for about 8 or 9 days....cals got switched two days ago to 40/125/240, which equates to about 1830 cals, then BOOM quick drop to 186lbs today.....nice to see the scale budge!!!!!!!

So, thats about all for now.....will try and get some new pics up this week and be a bit more frequent with the updates !!!

Thanks .........