KRUx19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't seem to lose anymore weight

Hi,

I started from 75kg and I managed to get to 71 kg, but I can't seem to drop down to 70 or 69. My routine is elliptical trainer for 40 mins. I have been doing this for a couple of weeks now, but no sign of any changes on myself or the scale. Can anyone tell me what is stopping me from losing weight?

Thanks

DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're eating the same amount of calories a day as you're burning.

davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To elaborate on what DiaFF just said but remaining as simple as possible, your body is going to change in two very important ways. First, your body is going to adapt to the same steady state cardio in order to make it easier to accomplish your 40 minutes with less calories used up (IGNORE WHAT THAT MACHINE IS TELLING YOU YOU ARE BURNING). Secondly, as you drop weight, you're body needs less calories to perform its daily tasks.

In order to continue to lose weight, you need to increase workout intensity or drop calorie intake more than what you are currently doing. You could also consider doing a short bulk or maintaining period to keep your basal metabolic rate from dropping to such a low level that you can't hope to eat at a deficit.
    My Workout Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150797383

Currently using JasonDB's novice 5 x 5

KRUx19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by davidg1212 View Post
    To elaborate on what DiaFF just said but remaining as simple as possible, your body is going to change in two very important ways. First, your body is going to adapt to the same steady state cardio in order to make it easier to accomplish your 40 minutes with less calories used up (IGNORE WHAT THAT MACHINE IS TELLING YOU YOU ARE BURNING). Secondly, as you drop weight, you're body needs less calories to perform its daily tasks.

In order to continue to lose weight, you need to increase workout intensity or drop calorie intake more than what you are currently doing. You could also consider doing a short bulk or maintaining period to keep your basal metabolic rate from dropping to such a low level that you can't hope to eat at a deficit.

Hi, thanks for the reply. How many calories should I eat each day? Should I start lifting weights up?

LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    maybe incorporate cardio a.m. on-top of what you currently do, or p.m. if you already do you're cardio in the a.m.
    aint 'nuttin to it, but to do it.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KRUx19 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the reply. How many calories should I eat each day? Should I start lifting weights up?
    Yes you should start lifting weights and use this link to calculate your TDEE:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973