ChrisGuilday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

18 y/o. Don't eat enough. First time working out.

Hi, I am 18 almost 19 years old and I want to start working out. I struggle with eating enough because I pay for all of my own food and I don't make enough money. I probably eat around 1500-2000 calories a day. Which I know is not much at all.

I am 6"0 tall and 143 LB's. My job is coming into season (I work at a restaurant in Florida) and I plan on putting most of my money towards food.

I have a very high metabolism too, which doesn't help. Even though I am really skinny, I feel pretty strong for my size. I'm big into parkour stuff and I can do 100+ pushups and 30+ pull ups. I don't think they help me very much because my body just doesn't weigh much haha.

so I have a few questions.

1. What is a good source of food that is cheap? Specifics would be good. Some thing easy to make.
    2. What kind of workouts should I be doing? My friend is going to sell me a bench press set for $80 and I have some free weights.
    3. Is it necessary to get a gym membership? I have a ymca close to my house.
    4. How many calories a day? 4000+? I worked out for 3 weeks a few months back and was eating 3500+ calories a day and gained 8 LB's. But I lost it all because I don't eat enough.
    5. How fast can I expect to gain weight if I put a lot of effort in?

Thanks for your help! Here's some pictures.

*EDIT* By the way I drink a LOT of milk. I hope its a good thing because I'm obsessed with it. Can a lot of of the calories needed come from milk?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ChrisGuilday; 01-28-2013 at 11:18 PM.

BnPk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BnPk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BnPk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BnPk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BnPk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BnPk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BnPk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    start eating like 9 meals aday

Originally Posted by BnPk View Post

Is that your go to answer for every thing? I've seen you post that exact sentence on 4 other threads.

loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BnPk View Post

omfg all you do is post this retarded **** everywhere...

MEAL is a MYTH!

for cheap food it depends on where u lives... but for me .. i eat a lots of tuna, chicken salmon, tilapia, milk/cholate milk.

getting carbs from cheap banana/ fruits like apple.

pepper steak is kinda cheap just like tuna and frozen fishs... like tilapia get them when they are in special and freeze em!

bought a freezer and filled it with mass chicken/fish

also YES you can drink a lot of milk if you plan on bulking.. dont buy 3.25% tho XD

tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10) tallntoned is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat lots of rice and pasta its cheap.
    I rep back :)

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by loic901 View Post
    omfg all you do is post this retarded **** everywhere...

MEAL is a MYTH!

for cheap food it depends on where u lives... but for me .. i eat a lots of tuna, chicken salmon, tilapia, milk/cholate milk.

getting carbs from cheap banana/ fruits like apple.

pepper steak is kinda cheap just like tuna and frozen fishs... like tilapia get them when they are in special and freeze em!

bought a freezer and filled it with mass chicken/fish

also YES you can drink a lot of milk if you plan on bulking.. dont buy 3.25% tho XD
    Is steak actually a good source of calories? I live by a supermarket that always sells their crappy steak dirt cheap. I can get a pound of steak for like 3-6 dollars some times and I love steak.

Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10) Often is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Smaller meals, instead of three main ones, make it six every 2-3 hours. Meet your macros.

Scrawny little Asian Providence94's Avatar
    Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Iifym.
    hai guyz

Team Hollywood Militia
    (Contest Prep Coach/Nutritionist John "Otis" Hollywood)

CURRENTLY SHREDDIN

235p/430c/65f at 186lbs

Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000) Huskarl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Milk and em cookies
    Instagram @ martinrunqvist
    Youtube @ martinrunqvist
    Log @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163187911