DrSilverman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrSilverman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

just passed the NSCA CSCS

What's up everyone? Just passed the CSCS a few hours ago and figured I'd share some info. with any of you who may be thinking about taking this in the future. I scored a 86 on the scientific and 84 on the practical. The scientific portion took me the whole 90 minutes and I finished the practical with about 20 minutes to spare. Overall, I'd say the test was challenging but fair. It was definitely not as difficult as the ACSM HFS, and I was feeling pretty confident as I waited for my scores to be processed.

I started studying for it last Wednesday and spent roughly 2-3 hours per day each day this past week. I wouldn't recommend studying for it like that though. There were sections of the textbook that I almost completely neglected because it would usually take me 2 -3 hours just to read through a chapter or two. Two of the chapters I neglected were Chapter 17 on speed and agility development and Chapter 18 on aerobic endurance training. There were a TON of questions from these chapters regarding stride analysis, sprinting technique, methods of developing speed and agility, and types of aerobic endurance training and their programming. Definitely make sure you know those two chapters. I would also pay close attention to plyometric exercise technique. Many of the videos on the practical section were of plyometric drills that are performed very quickly. You only get to play the videos once so make sure you know those. If you have a degree in exercise science or a related field, you should do fine as long as you study. Those of you with a degree in an unrelated field are gonna need to study a little more.

Hope this helps. If anyone has any questions, you can PM me.

Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What book did you exactly study? I have this old outdated ACE book and its terrible :P

DrSilverman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrSilverman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Scruffy77 View Post
    What book did you exactly study? I have this old outdated ACE book and its terrible :P
    all I used was the NSCA's Essentials textbook