Gordy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help determining Body fat %

Hello first post, Im Jeff and i have been working out about 6 months, maybe 4 months on a hard schedule. Mainly just compound lifts as i feel thats the best bang for my buck as a newbie. Im 32 years old and just decided i wanted a better body overall, Not looking to compete but would love to have "abs".

I started at above 30% body fat, 5'11 230 pounds (wish i took pics but i was embaressed lol). I am now 182 #'s and i think im somewhere between 18-22% body fat, having a hard time determining, electronic scale says 16% but i know those are crap so it tells me nothing really.

I am on a CKD at the moment taking in about 2400 calories a day, 165 Grams of Protein, 180 Grams of fat, 25 Grams of Carbs. Im no expert on nutrition but i have read alot over the past 6 months, I just started the CKD so any advice is appreciated, Not really on any supplements besides a multi vitamin and Vitamin D 10000 IU's. Supplements make my head spin and dont want to waste money since i have no clue what would help me reach my goals, Which is 185 10% BF, I know i have a ways to go.

I really want someone with a trained eye to help me out and judge my Bodyfat for me, Im going to get calipers soon, I do have one question that maybe someone can help me with. I can do Chin ups but not pull ups, My Bench is my weakest lift @145, i think i need to strengthen my Lats but im not sure hopefully with this info someone can help. Any advice will be appreciated, if you need more info ask and i will tell.

Well there it is im laying myself at your mercy let me know what you think my BF% is and possibly ways to reach my goals Quicker. Long post i know but i wanted to be very informative so i can get some decent responses.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    Attached Images

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    16% looks reasonable based on the photos. Are you following a program?

Im doing the Bill starr 5x5 right now with added isolation lifts, mainly should raises with DB's and DB fly's as i feel my arms and chest need the most work, I can Squat 225, Dead 285, Bench 145 on the 5x5 which is why i think the arms and chest need the most work. Does my diet look decent?

AlexisMichael has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    From the pic i would say you are around 15%16 BF

There is no story really to reach your goals you have to eat properly and train hard.. you need ti give it time to see if you are getting what you want time will show since you started for 4-6 months is very early to say.

My advice you should get a Whey protein whey helps, and you get protein easier.

OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with your estimate OP - 18-20% seems right to me. 16% seems a little low. Nicely done.

Originally Posted by AlexisMichael View Post
    From the pic i would say you are around 15%16 BF

There is no story really to reach your goals you have to eat properly and train hard.. you need ti give it time to see if you are getting what you want time will show since you started for 4-6 months is very early to say.

My advice you should get a Whey protein whey helps, and you get protein easier.
    Thanks I will look into some Whey Isolate since carbs need to be kept in check on CKD, i suppose all Whey Isolate is created equal? Also if anyone knows could you tell me if a TKD would be better for me at this point? Im just fishing for advice, im good at research but determining what is best still makes my head spin. knowing im 15-18% Body fat helps though

Originally Posted by OkashiiKen View Post
    I agree with your estimate OP - 18-20% seems right to me. 16% seems a little low. Nicely done.

Ill take 18-20% as well, just trying to find out where i stand

AlexisMichael has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Gordy555 View Post
    Thanks I will look into some Whey Isolate since carbs need to be kept in check on CKD, i suppose all Whey Isolate is created equal? Also if anyone knows could you tell me if a TKD would be better for me at this point? Im just fishing for advice, im good at research but determining what is best still makes my head spin. knowing im 15-18% Body fat helps though
    There are thousands of wheys, all you need is protein.
    I Suggest Gold STANDARD WHEY.

Thanks for the help guys, I have much work to do and i will look into the Whey. Hopefully i will have some wonderful pics to post in 2-3 more months.