Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    buildchest.blogspot.com i.am.legend's Avatar
    i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

A new website I made to help beginners with growing a bigger chest

I chose chest rather than overall bodybuilding because I wanted to do something niche, and if its successful, I would be willing to do it for other bodyparts in the future. I just thought it would be good to have a niche site especially for beginners and individuals who are having a hard time developing their chest (either due to hitting a plateau or due to simply being a hardgainer.

http://www.buildchest.com

What do you think so far? Any tips or feedback would be appreciated.

Currently I've only got 1 article up on there with very basic anatomy/physiology. The next article(s) will probably cover bodyweight-only exercises like pushups, and then I'll move on to compound exercises and isolation exercises. Finally I'll finish off with some more advanced stuff like super sets and drop sets. Remember, its mainly for beginners so I'm trying not to get too technical and scare them away.

I just want to keep it simple and cover all the important stuff, so newbs can use the site as a point of reference and not waste time surfing through countless websites, filtering out the irrelevant information and spending unnecessary hours in the process.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    In future, promote your site in your Bodyspace profile under Personal Website. Using the forums to advertise another site will look like spam.

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like it.

Layout/colour options are easy on the eyes.

Good learning information, hopefully people will catch on.

i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) i.am.legend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    In future, promote your site in your Bodyspace profile under Personal Website. Using the forums to advertise another site will look like spam.
    Damn, if you really think I'm trying to spam, then you can delete my thread. However I know there's plenty of beginners posting on this forum, asking the same old questions and I felt like if I make a group of little "troubleshooting" chest growing tutorials (lol) it will help a lot of people. Yea, there's a couple of ads (literally, 2) on my site but its not earning me anything (if that's your concern). I'm doing it cuz I'm passionate about bodybuilding brah.
    Last edited by i.am.legend; 07-08-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    I like it.

Layout/colour options are easy on the eyes.

Good learning information, hopefully people will catch on.
    Thanks man. Theres a lot of "broscientists" in my family lol, so I think the site will be particularly useful to them. By the way, crazy biceps/delts in your avi bro.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by i.am.legend View Post
    Damn, if you really think I'm trying to spam, then you can delete my thread. However I know there's plenty of beginners posting on this forum, asking the same old questions and I felt like if I make a group of little "troubleshooting" chest growing tutorials (lol) it will help a lot of people. Yea, there's a couple of ads (literall, 2) on my site but its not earning me anything (if that's your concern). I'm doing it cuz I'm passionate about bodybuilding brah.
    I didn't say that and that's why I didn't delete/close it. You've been here for 3 1/2 years and I respect you're trying to help people. That's what this forum is for so it is appreciated.

What I'm saying is if you continue posting the link on these forums it might start to look like spam so put it in your Bodyspace profile and promote it that way.

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks man. Theres a lot of "broscientists" in my family lol, so I think the site will be particularly useful to them. By the way, crazy biceps/delts in your avi bro.

Haha! Any thing that is straight forward and simple to understand will make a huge impact.

Thanks

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)

What do you think so far? Any tips or feedback would be appreciated.
    ummm.... I didnt really see anything there. are you advertising your site that is going to exist some day? please just spend your time getting your site ready then. not trying to get you down, you asked what I think. finish it and ill have a look.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How does the information on your site distinguish it from so many others?
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    I didn't say that and that's why I didn't delete/close it. You've been here for 3 1/2 years and I respect you're trying to help people. That's what this forum is for so it is appreciated.

What I'm saying is if you continue posting the link on these forums it might start to look like spam so put it in your Bodyspace profile and promote it that way.
    I appreciate that bro, and of course I'm not posting the link everywhere. This is the only thread I've made, and quite appropriately, its in the exercise section. Again, thanks for not being a dick like some other mods.

Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    ummm.... I didnt really see anything there. are you advertising your site that is going to exist some day? please just spend your time getting your site ready then. not trying to get you down, you asked what I think. finish it and ill have a look.
    I understand what you mean. My question regarding what people think was more to do with the general layout and style, and also of course the 1 article that I've currently written.

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    How does the information on your site distinguish it from so many others?
    I think (or at least hope) that its done in a "for dummies" kind of way (i.e. I haven't used terms like "shoulder adduction" and instead opted for a more "practical" explanation). Also I've used little things like the metaphorical example of learning to drive a car for the first time and needing to first understand its mechanics before stepping on the gas pedal, in the same way that one should ideally understand the anatomy and bio-mechanics of their chest muscles before doing any kind of training.

Its the kind of site that a beginner could add to their favourites/bookmarks, and before each chest workout they could quickly visit it and recap what their "game plan" should be. Bodybuilding.com is a fantastic site, but its so huge and there is an abundance of information. My little site is short little summary of the basics which beginners can use for the first few months of their training before seeking more serious literature.

I just added a new article about pushups now. Is there anything in the article anyone would recommend I change?

IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just added a new article about pushups now. Is there anything in the article anyone would recommend I change?
    The only slight problem I have with the article is that you advocate a "low fat diet". Most uninformed newbies are scared of fats as it is, thinking that dietary fat will somehow make you fat while carbs and protein won't. Your body needs fat in order to function optimally, and a good general guideline for people interested in overall health is around .5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight.

Originally Posted by IronTerminator View Post
    The only slight problem I have with the article is that you advocate a "low fat diet". Most uninformed newbies are scared of fats as it is, thinking that dietary fat will somehow make you fat while carbs and protein won't. Your body needs fat in order to function optimally, and a good general guideline for people interested in overall health is around .5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight.
    I agree totally bro, but in terms of ratios you agree that fat should be the lowest of the three major macronutrients, right? Relatively speaking. If I say moderate fat, they'll use it as an excuse to eat $hit like ice cream etc. I think the fat necessary for optimal function will come from some of their protein sources like eggs, dairy, beef etc. I appreciate that you read the article though, and take your feedback into consideration for sure. Reps.

IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree totally bro, but in terms of ratios you agree that fat should be the lowest of the three major macronutrients, right? Relatively speaking. If I say moderate fat, they'll use it as an excuse to eat $hit like ice cream etc. I think the fat necessary for optimal function will come from some of their protein sources like eggs, dairy, beef etc. I appreciate that you read the article though, and take your feedback into consideration for sure. Reps.
    Good point, I guess in your attempt to make things as easy to understand and follow as possible the statement just seemed a little to vague for my taste. Not like it's BuildADiet.com anyway, good site so far bro.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

I think (or at least hope) that its done in a "for dummies" kind of way (i.e. I haven't used terms like "shoulder adduction" and instead opted for a more "practical" explanation). Also I've used little things like the metaphorical example of learning to drive a car for the first time and needing to first understand its mechanics before stepping on the gas pedal, in the same way that one should ideally understand the anatomy and bio-mechanics of their chest muscles before doing any kind of training.

Its the kind of site that a beginner could add to their favourites/bookmarks, and before each chest workout they could quickly visit it and recap what their "game plan" should be. Bodybuilding.com is a fantastic site, but its so huge and there is an abundance of information. My little site is short little summary of the basics which beginners can use for the first few months of their training before seeking more serious literature.
    Reps for answering in honest way. I wish you success with your site.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Reps for answering in honest way. I wish you success with your site.
    Thanks man.

martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Website did not pass pass W3C XHTML transitional validation (or any other Doctype that i tested) Poor show

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...alidator%2F1.2

Please correct the coding errors and I will report back.

:P. Most are probably from ads

Originally Posted by martial-man420 View Post
    Website did not pass pass W3C XHTML transitional validation (or any other Doctype that i tested) Poor show

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...alidator%2F1.2

Please correct the coding errors and I will report back.

:P. Most are probably from ads
    I'm using blogger with a default template (just added my own banner). Maybe its the ads like you said. What do you think of the actual content of the articles?

Made a new background in photoshop. Hope the dumbbell and concrete give it a slightly more "hardcore" look. lol. It was a bit boring before with a plain coloured bg. Opinions?

Loving it, nice back round. The pushup info is great. Definintly reminds me of how when I started! Squeezing pushups were the best thing I could have learned!

Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    Loving it, nice back round. The pushup info is great. Definintly reminds me of how when I started! Squeezing pushups were the best thing I could have learned!
    Thanks bro. I've been training for almost 3 years but I still usually throw in a set up pushups to failure at the very end of my chest workouts when I'm already burned out. They just feel so good, lol.

I just added a new article about the whole "compartmentalisation" debate, regarding targeting specific areas like inner-chest or lower-outer-chest. Do you guys agree/ disagree with what I've written.

http://www.buildchest.com/2011/07/ho...ter-chest.html
    Fitness Blogger, Travel Agent, Forex Trader

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just added a new article about the whole "compartmentalisation" debate, regarding targeting specific areas like inner-chest or lower-outer-chest. Do you guys agree/ disagree with what I've written.

http://www.buildchest.com/2011/07/ho...ter-chest.html
    i like it. good luck with the die-hards on here that will argue till the end that one pressing movement is all it takes and that hitting it from different angles is useless. it should keep you busy once they get wind of this.

Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    i like it. good luck with the die-hards on here that will argue till the end that one pressing movement is all it takes and that hitting it from different angles is useless. it should keep you busy once they get wind of this.
    Thanks man. To an extent, I do agree that you can build a great, full chest with only one pressing movement, IF you have good chest genetics, lift with perfect form and have a fantastic mind muscle connection (so you can achieve a strong contraction on that exercise). For most people however, isolation exercises are a great asset and have been proven to speed up gains. Surely we can all agree on that

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks man. To an extent, I do agree that you can build a great, full chest with only one pressing movement, IF you have good chest genetics, lift with perfect form and have a fantastic mind muscle connection (so you can achieve a strong contraction on that exercise). For most people however, isolation exercises are a great asset and have been proven to speed up gains. Surely we can all agree on that
    agreed there's always the mutants out there who look at weights and get huge. most of us not so much.

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Nice site so far. Have you considered adding a comments section to the site below the articles where people can ask specific questions or just comment on the articles? Allowing visitor participation can sometimes make the difference between a website that you only visit occasionally to one that you come back to more regularly. Just a thought.

Also, a question about an excerpt from the How To Build The Inner Chest, Outer Chest, etc. article:

As a rule of thumb, heavy compound movements (pushing exercises) will add size and thickness to your chest, while isolation exercises (hugging type exercises) will help to give it more shape and definition. You need to do BOTH isolation and compound exercises to get the most out of your chest training.

Overall I enjoyed the article however can you explain how doing chest isolation exercises (flyes) are involved in giving the chest shape and definition? Sounds a little "brosciency" to me since shape and defination are usually a result of overall size and bodyfat %, and not normally a result of whether or not you do a particular isolation exercise. Just want your view on it.

Anyway, good job so far. I found a lot of the information would be helpful and looking forward to more good things to come.

Originally Posted by terman1 View Post
    Nice site so far. Have you considered adding a comments section to the site below the articles where people can ask specific questions or just comment on the articles? Allowing visitor participation can sometimes make the difference between a website that you only visit occasionally to one that you come back to more regularly. Just a thought.

Also, a question about an excerpt from the How To Build The Inner Chest, Outer Chest, etc. article:

As a rule of thumb, heavy compound movements (pushing exercises) will add size and thickness to your chest, while isolation exercises (hugging type exercises) will help to give it more shape and definition. You need to do BOTH isolation and compound exercises to get the most out of your chest training.

Overall I enjoyed the article however can you explain how doing chest isolation exercises (flyes) are involved in giving the chest shape and definition? Sounds a little "brosciency" to me since shape and defination are usually a result of overall size and bodyfat %, and not normally a result of whether or not you do a particular isolation exercise. Just want your view on it.

Anyway, good job so far. I found a lot of the information would be helpful and looking forward to more good things to come.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it

To answer your question, I do agree that it sounds very much like broscience. Maybe I didn't articulate my thoughts very effectively. You are 100% correct that shape and definition come from size and low bf %.

What I was trying to suggest was that isolation exercises may not lead to as much mass gain as compound exercises, however they perhaps stimulate certain fibres (such as those in the vicinity of the muscle insertion point) more thoroughly due to an arguably better contraction through the entire range of motion. This in turn might lead to more "uniform" size across the cross-section of the muscle, specifically in areas like the inner chest, that are not optimally targeted by compound lifts like the flat bench press. Development in such areas seems to be what typically contributes to the classification of a "shapely" and "well defined" chest (given the assumption that one's bodyfat is relatively low). To be honest bro, I feel like I'm making excuses for my error with this long ass explanation, haha. I hope my answer seems at least somewhat logical. I'm sure i could have worded it better though.

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it

To answer your question, I do agree that it sounds very much like broscience. Maybe I didn't articulate my thoughts very effectively. You are 100% correct that shape and definition come from size and low bf %.

What I was trying to suggest was that isolation exercises may not lead to as much mass gain as compound exercises, however they perhaps stimulate certain fibres (such as those in the vicinity of the muscle insertion point) more thoroughly due to an arguably better contraction through the entire range of motion. This in turn might lead to more "uniform" size across the cross-section of the muscle, specifically in areas like the inner chest, that are not optimally targeted by compound lifts like the flat bench press. Development in such areas seems to be what typically contributes to the classification of a "shapely" and "well defined" chest (given the assumption that one's bodyfat is relatively low). To be honest bro, I feel like I'm making excuses for my error with this long ass explanation, haha. I hope my answer seems at least somewhat logical. I'm sure i could have worded it better though.
    I think it is a good explanation. I get where you're coming from. Someone who does isolations in addition to compound lifts are likely to have a better overall development. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on it. Repped for having the motivation to have a website dedicated to helping others.

jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnyshap is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i think you limiting you site big time, personally i rather just youtube everything...

Originally Posted by terman1 View Post
    I think it is a good explanation. I get where you're coming from. Someone who does isolations in addition to compound lifts are likely to have a better overall development. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on it. Repped for having the motivation to have a website dedicated to helping others.
    Thanks man

Originally Posted by jonnyshap View Post
    i think you limiting you site big time, personally i rather just youtube everything...
    Well I agree that youtube is a great tool. I already have a channel with videos but they're music related, not training. lol. Don't wanna mix the two together. Maybe I can start a new channel in the near future.