Closed Thread
Page 9 of 267 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast
    kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    I hope you have long enough legs for that high horse. This is your tactic: facts don't support your argument? Pretend you're above arguing with those who are too clueless to realize the depth of your wisdom.
    I'm not above arguing with anyone. I have however been taught that there are moments in which it's more advantageous for me to save my breath and shut my mouth while those with the "facts" and "wisdom" proceed to make absolute fools of themselves where it matters: outside of the internet, within the public perception of Middle America, to those who are not mired in the process or have single issue mindsets.

Cheers.

Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Besides, riddle me this, Batman: when has the government EVER been better at running things than the private sector?
    I think the point was never that the government runs something better, but that the government is an altruistic entity, funded by the people, for the people, to pay for things that the capitalistic private sector won't.

Education, information, emergency services, defense, roads and transportation, etc...
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump
    BRB getting Brawndo, it has what plants need
    BRB Welcome to Costco, I Love You

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    here's an idea: stop talking about politics in here.
    You are right. I should stop expecting a fine young man like Kavak to have a reasoned, data-driven discussion on topics of national import, and being disappointed when he would rather post random twitter feeds or take occasional pot-shots on the subject instead.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Arrow

You are right. I should stop expecting a fine young man like Kavak to have a reasoned, data-driven discussion on topics of national import, and being disappointed when he would rather post random twitter feeds or take occasional pot-shots on the subject instead.
    Wow.

Talk about a strong overreaction/spite from a man whose made up his mind that I'm a partisan hack who dodges every topic.

So why waste your time on me?

Don't like my non-political posts?

Like I said: put me on ignore.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Final_Rep View Post
    I know people who have been attacked, not killed.

I've been at a grizzly's mercy more than once. Thankfully they aren't usually confrontational as long as they're well fed and not with cubs.
    I guess the point is if you're visiting Alaska, obviously you need to exercise care and be prepared for a bear attack, but otherwise don't be too paranoid and enjoy the scenery.

Australia is like that. Avoid swimming in the rivers up north (saltwater crocs), be mindful of snakes in long grass, and you should be fine.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kvk1 View Post
    I'm not above arguing with anyone. I have however been taught that there are moments in which it's more advantageous for me to save my breath and shut my mouth while those with the "facts" and "wisdom" proceed to make absolute fools of themselves where it matters: outside of the internet, within the public perception of Middle America, to those who are not mired in the process or have single issue mindsets.

Cheers.
    And who is making a fool of themselves? Those who disagree with you? This is the type of response that I am disappointed to see from you.

From what I see, Chaz, myself, Farley, likely Greenfeather, Hola, and probably others realize that this Assault Weapon stuff is a lot of political smoke and mirrors. Are we all nothing but clueless, redneck Americans with no sense of the bigger picture here?
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    I guess the point is if you're visiting Alaska, obviously you need to exercise care and be prepared for a bear attack, but otherwise don't be too paranoid and enjoy the scenery.

Australia is like that. Avoid swimming in the rivers up north (saltwater crocs), be mindful of snakes in long grass, and you should be fine.
    I'd recommend having a gun if you plan on going into the backcountry here. And since it's for bears, you'll need something with stopping power. No pansy .223 assault rifle is going to save you from a pissed off grizz. Same in Aus (the general bring a gun concept)?

this Assault Weapon stuff is a lot of political smoke and mirrors.
    You think the Dems don't genuinely think it will help?? That's a new one to me.

(I've tried to get your thoughts a few times above but you seem to be flanged up to kvk1..sooo not expecting a response here, lol)
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In my opinion, if you genuinely think the "assault weapons" ban will help anything, then you are wholly ignorant on the subject and probably shouldn't be speaking on it at all.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    people are arguing about the same fckign issues over and over again.

it's a waste of time.
    Who was this love of yours?

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    In my opinion, if you genuinely think the "assault weapons" ban will help anything, then you are wholly ignorant on the subject and probably shouldn't be speaking on it at all.
    Well yeah but that's not what I asked...

people are arguing about the same fckign issues over and over again.

it's a waste of time.
    So go make some french press, then do some bench press, and maybe you'll clench up less.

Honestly, no I don't. They may feel that it will help long-term if they can ban scary looking "assault weapons" now, which will then allow them to slowly erode the 2nd amendment to the point that all guns are banned. Which, if it went that way, could arguably be better provided they could somehow also take those weapons out of the hands of criminals.

I don't see, however, how FBI data could show that out of roughly 12,000 murders per year, 6900 of which were by handguns, and only 323 from rifles (much less the narrow scope of "assault rifles"), the Democrats could somehow derive from that the need to pursue an AWB. It's completely illogical.

It's like saying that a Ford Explorer drove into a bus stop of kids, so we're going to villianize Explorerers even if data shows that among bus stop-car impacts, 90% were from Camaros.

If they truly think it will make any significant dent, they failed 5th grade math.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So go make some french press, then do some bench press, and maybe you'll clench up less.
    The great unifying factor is that we can all agree that your posts will always suck.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    I'd recommend having a gun if you plan on going into the backcountry here. And since it's for bears, you'll need something with stopping power. No pansy assault rifle is going to save you from a pissed off grizz. Same in Aus?
    Makes sense. I know in Svalbard you're required to carry a gun as soon if you go outside a settlement because the island is full of polar bears.

Over here a gun won't help because chances are you won't see the creature before it strikes. I've done a fair bit of travel around Australia and all my interactions with the wildlife have been positive.

Honestly, no I don't. They may feel that it will help long-term if they can ban scary looking "assault weapons" now, which will then allow them to slowly erode the 2nd amendment to the point that all guns are banned. Which, if it went that way, could arguably be better provided they could somehow also take those weapons out of the hands of criminals.

I don't see, however, how FBI data could show that out of roughly 12,000 murders per year, 6900 of which were by handguns, and only 323 from rifles (much less the narrow scope of "assault rifles"), the Democrats could somehow derive from that the need to pursue an AWB. It's completely illogical.

It's like saying that a Ford Explorer drove into a bus stop of kids, we're going to villianize Exploreres even if data shows that among bus stop-car impacts, 90% were from Camaros.

If they truly think it will make any significant dent, they failed 5th grade math.
    So this is their inroads to a broader ban, IYHO, and they are being shady with the full disclosure. Hmm. I must give this some thought.

The great unifying factor is that we can all agree that your posts will always suck.
    At least I don't fixate on it. I actually respond to you with a variety of things. You respond to me only with various measurements of sucking.

Makes sense. I know in Svalbard you're required to carry a gun as soon if you go outside a settlement because the island is full of polar bears.

Over here a gun won't help because chances are you won't see the creature before it strikes. I've done a fair bit of travel around Australia and all my interactions with the wildlife have been positive.
    Good to hear. I looked into a jump from Anchorage->Hawaii->Auckland. Tickets run around $2200-$2500. Yikes. Still have every intention of doing it though, eventually.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Word.

The Encylochuzze has spoken.

This is the type of response that I am disappointed to see from you.
    I don't care. I don't post for your validation.

I do think it's amusing that all this righteous indignation stems from me merely quoting you calling the president a "great socialist" and pointing out its absurdity.

Then you lashing out me for not debating with the fact.

Rich.

At least I don't fixate on it. I actually respond to you with a variety of things. You respond to me only with various measurements of sucking.
    your latest sig is overflowing with fail sauce

So this is their inroads to a broader ban, IYHO, and they are being shady with the full disclosure. Hmm. I must give this some thought.
    Pretty much. Why go after "assault weapons" if handguns kill far more people (and are used far more by criminals)?

1. Easy to paint them as "military", and make the connotation that no civilian needs military weapons.
    2. Relative lower ownership percentage, so maybe even those generally in favor of the 2nd amendment may let it slide since it might not affect them personally.
    3. Look at "all these high profile crimes" with assault weapons!!

Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All that stuff is exaggerated.

Of course there are creatures here that can kill you but I don't know anyone personally who has died that way. Maybe PM can chime in.

Alaska has grizzlies, polar bears, and mountain lions, but do you know anyone who has been killed by one? Any close brushes with one yourself?
    I have a pic like 2 feet from a grizzly, does that count?
    Master of karate, and friendship, for everyone crew.

we've beaten this topic to death. everyone's viewpoints are pretty clear by now.

Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    we've beaten this topic to death. everyone's viewpoints are pretty clear by now.
    Are mine? I can't remember if I ever said what I think!

Originally Posted by kvk1 View Post
    I don't care. I don't post for your validation.

I do think it's amusing that all this righteous indignation stems from me merely quoting you calling the president a "great socialist" and pointing out its absurdity.

Then you lashing out me for not debating with the fact.

Rich.
    Cool sauce. I wish you well sitting around with your liberal professors, drinking latte, and discussing the foibles of the Tea Party while giggling over Dianne Feinstein centerfolds.

I'll also go with the first response that should have occurred to me: Age: 23. No doubt you have the world all figured out.

Originally Posted by Miketoc View Post
    No undershirts with sweaters.

Cool sauce. I wish you well sitting around with your liberal professors, drinking latte, and discussing the foibles of the Tea Party and giggling over Dianne Feinstein centerfolds.

I'll also go with the first response that should have occurred to me: Age: 23. No doubt you have the world all figured out.
    Thanks.

Wish you good health and fortunes as well.

Originally Posted by Miketoc View Post
    sh*t, brau! you'd better let me know asap so I know whether or not I need to convince you that i am the one who is right here!

I'm still confused on your stance on the guns, Taabarino.

your latest sig is overflowing with fail sauce
    Perhaps, if we mixed that fail sauce with the blood on your throne, and some french vodka, we could have a tasty cocktail.

Pretty much. Why go after "assault weapons" if handguns kill far more people (and are used far more by criminals)?

1. Easy to paint them as "military", and make the connotation that no civilian needs military weapons.
    2. Relative lower ownership percentage, so maybe even those generally in favor of the 2nd amendment may let it slide since it might not affect them personally.
    Well if so, if it's true they are just sort of getting what they can, I don't blame them for not coming out and saying they want to ban all guns but for now just assault weapons. Obviously that wouldn't go over very well and they might not get what they want. Both sides of the aisle do this all the time.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I'm hoping this is my last post on the gun topic. This was good info, IMO. Especially for those who don't actually know what assault weapons are or what makes a rifle an assault weapon:
    http://www.assaultweapon.info/
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

This is stupid. Age doesn't equal wisdom. There are plenty of older people who are fcktards, and not everyone "evolves" into the same way of thinking, as that sentiment seems to imply.

It's okay for you and kav to have different viewpoints. You both have your own reasons. And that's fine.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Guns are for people who are self conscious about not having a arm day.

sh*t, brau! you'd better let me know asap so I know whether or not I need to convince you that i am the one who is right here!
    I enjoy debating that's all. I'd rather not reveal my position (unless I already have) because that will hinder my efforts to argue against what I believe, to keep the argument going.