Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

NCCPT is the stupidest certification in existance

So I bought the NCCPT online course. 38 videos which were all 20-30 minutes long. 15 chapters in PDF form, blah blah blah. Watched all the videos, read the chapters. Informative stuff, but since I've been working out for 3 1/2 years I knew most of it already.

I go take the exam. 140 multiple choice questions. Literally the first 90 were about anatomy/biology/diseases, etc. NOTHING to do with personal training. It was asking me questions about stuff I've never even heard of before using words I'd never seen and none of it was relevant to training someone in a gym.

There had to have been 10 questions total about actual exercises.

Words cannot describe how stupid the exam was. Needless to say, I failed. I wish I could have copied the exam so I could show it here but I was screen sharing with a proctor so I couldn't.

To give you an example of how stupid it is, it was like being told you were going to take an exam over how to drive a car and then getting to the exam and having all the questions ask you about the chemical structure of gasoline. It was completely irrelevant both to the course and what you'd be doing in a gym as a personal trainer, and was very rage enducing.

Do NOT buy this certification. It is complete and total sh.it and a waste of time, effort, and money. You will not pass the exam without a PhD in Anatomy. Better yet, just go through med school. Maybe you'll be able to pass this PERSONAL TRAINER certification test then.

Also, I took multiple practice tests through other certifications and they actually were extremely relevant to personal training and I passed all of them. This has nothing to do with personal training despite the fact that it's a personal training exam. I just invested pretty much all the money I have left into this so I could get a job and now I'm certificationless, jobless, and moneyless, and I can guarantee I'd be a great personal trainer. I should have went with a different certification.
    Nationally Qualified NPC Men's Physique bodybuilder
    NCCPT & NESTA Certified

Instagram: @ace.fit
    ^DM for training/inquiries

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I spent a long time studying anatomy/biology (how the human body works/processes nutrients etc) for my course as well and that was definitely stuff I had to know. (Obv did a different course) What do you mean it had nothing to do with being a PT? Can you give a rough example of the questions?
    High quality Home Personal Training in Edinburgh, UK.

www.castlepersonaltraining.com

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"

MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think most of the tests are like that man. I've done NASM, NESTA and ISSA and they all have those questions on them. ISSA was geared a lot more towards general training, but even that one had a decent amount of questions about anatomy, biology, and health conditions. They didn't cover any of that stuff on the study material? Sounds like they set you up for failure alright. That's also a lot of videos to watch. I don't care much for the certs that don't actually send you a text book. How much did this one cost?
    Mike Esparza
    Esparza Fitness
    Personal Training & Fitness Classes
    www.esparzafitness.com
    www.********.com/esparzafitness

ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ACEthetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PeteratCastle View Post
    I spent a long time studying anatomy/biology (how the human body works/processes nutrients etc) for my course as well and that was definitely stuff I had to know. (Obv did a different course) What do you mean it had nothing to do with being a PT? Can you give a rough example of the questions?
    I don't remember specifically the questions. I just remember reading questions and going "WTF". It wasn't until question number 85 that they asked something about an exercise.

I remember some of the questions would ask questions about a word I'd literally never heard of before and then all the answers would be words I never heard before. Not even in the course had I heard any of these words. I was just like "ummm wat".

I feel like the videos and chapters of the course were actually pretty good, but the test did not follow the course whatsoever. The course was probably 70-80% exercises, how to interact with clients, how to spot, proper form, which exercises are good and bad, etc etc etc. All stuff you'd need to know in the exam. Then they had like 20% anatomy/nutrition and then 10% legal stuff and miscellaneous.

The exam was about 70% anatomy/random (like what does this word you've never heard of mean?, what stabilizes this weird specific joint that we never talked to you about?, etc. Those are just off the top of my head but there were quite a bit of questions that just left me dumbfounded at the idiocy of the person who created the test), 15% legal stuff/miscellaneous, and then 15% exercise questions. It was just moronic.
    NCCPT & NESTA Certified

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like the course was crap mate. The exams over here are approx 50-60% anatomy based and the rest is practical (only a tiny %legal stuff). To be honest, knowing the anatomy of the human body and how the human body works is the sort of stuff you need to know. Knowing that will allow you to determine what type of exercise will work best for certain clients.

If you know the attachment point of a muscle en you can determine which exercises work that muscle. That's better, in my opinion, than just spending ages learning loads of exercises as it gives you the basic knowledge to determine everything from.

Quite often you'll come across clients who are working stuff incorrectly, by explaining attachment points etc to them you can educate them and get them to stop doing stupid stuff.

The knowing about joints will help you prevent injuries.

The biology of the human body is important as it will allow you to spot bullsh*t when people are talking it. If you know how the human body works you know that the acaiberry can not possibly be a magic weightloss berry and why most people you train will not need to take protein supplements.

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"

StephanieF22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nccpt

I have seen mixed reviews on this and I still am not sure what to think. I am currently studying for the NCCPT exam and the study material is a lot to know. I also have worked out forever and know a lot about exercise etc. however this material is a lot about how muscles work, the names of them the different stuff that they do and crazy names i have never heard of either. I watched the vidoes and some of it is in the book but the book has about 70% of information in it that was not even mentioned in the videos. So if you skimmed through the book and watched the videos you probably wouldn't pass. After watching the videos I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything and I have been working on chapter 2 making flash cards on every single term and it has been about 7 hours and I am not even done yet! I really need to pass this exam I thought I was ready after watching the videos but now I feel like I am not even close after seeing all of this extra information.

Anyway. My question to you is that if I know all of these terms like eccentric,isometric, concentric contractions, and extrafusal and introfusal muscle fibers, and flexors, extendors, stabilisers, rotators, tonic muscles phasic muscles, synergists, sheringtons law, to name a few, there are like a million more about the different muscle fibers and what is where I am still learning about. Does any of that look familiar like what was on the exam? I don't mind taking an extra month to study as long as it is going to be the material on the exam! because other reviews said there was 300 questions that didnt match the material but i dont see how that is possible or legal especially since it is NCAA approved bc they make sure the material matches the exam.

I understand where you are coming from I agree there should be a lot less anatomy on here but I already paid so I don't really have a choice and I just want to pass so I can start working. It would help me out a lot if you could let me know if any of those things I named look familiar to you and if that is the stuff on the exam. And I am sure if you knew the videos back and forth it wouldn't do much good because they left out so much and I really feel for you that you thought that would prepare you and it didn't I think its b.s because that is misleading. I was lucky that I took notes on it and compared it with the written stuff otherwise I would have been screwed too! Please help anyone who has taken this exam!

Shane7518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am also taking this course online from their Groupon offered for about $150. But I have found I also didn't get the "full" course as I only have access to video's and the manual online. I didn't get any material to study at home without a computer. But I do have a couple re-writes included so that helps at least. Ace, are you sure you're tuition didn't cover a re-write or two?

I don't know what to think of it as I have never taken anything like this before, but I'm not too impressed by it as I have found some errors such as spelling mistakes. It makes me wonder how "professional" this course is. But as long as I pass the exam...anyways, thanks for your tips of the exam. Has anyone else written the exam yet? I am not sure how much detail to study in. For example, I have studied Anatomy to the point of the skeleton and major muscles. But how much detail do I need to know in regards to "Origin" and "Insertion" points of muscles? Do I really need to study all the deeper and smaller muscles (ie: hands, feet) or focus more on the major muscles of the body? Was there a Time limit or were you free to write as long as you needed? From what I am reading though it sounds like I should be focusing a lot on the Anatomy and Physiology of the course. I watched the Nutrition videos online and at least that guy gives us hints what we'll need to know for the exam, but the rest I am unsure of. Thanks!

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tough love coming: If the exam is stupid and you failed it then what does that make you?

There is no law saying that examinations have to be exactly in proportion to what's in the books or videos. I suspect that as Stephanie hinted, you watched the videos but didn't read the books. Exams will usually ignore the easy stuff and focus on the obscure stuff. That's exams. Let's say you have a surgeon. His course is 90% on ordinary situations which are easy to handle, and 10% on obscure emergencies that pop up 1 in 1,000, but which can kill a patient. Would you want his course to focus on the obscure emergencies, or should he just ignore that stuff?

Study again, pass it. You need to do this sht to practice as a PT. 90% of it you can forget the moment you pass the exam. 10% will be useful. The dedication required to pass this exam shows a minimum commitment to the career of being a PT. If you can't be arsed with this stuff, how will you be when it comes to continuing education? And you do realise you'll need continuing education to be a competent PT, yes? Tests on obscure stuff are good, because the obscure stuff does sometimes turn out to be useful, and they filter out the lazy people from the profession.

Stephanie, at least SEVEN HOURS of study required to do a profession involving the health and welfare of hundreds of people you'll train over your career over decades? I'm being cruel, I know, but...

The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Tough love coming: If the exam is stupid and you failed it then what does that make you?

There is no law saying that examinations have to be exactly in proportion to what's in the books or videos. I suspect that as Stephanie hinted, you watched the videos but didn't read the books. Exams will usually ignore the easy stuff and focus on the obscure stuff. That's exams. Let's say you have a surgeon. His course is 90% on ordinary situations which are easy to handle, and 10% on obscure emergencies that pop up 1 in 1,000, but which can kill a patient. Would you want his course to focus on the obscure emergencies, or should he just ignore that stuff?

Study again, pass it. You need to do this sht to practice as a PT. 90% of it you can forget the moment you pass the exam. 10% will be useful. The dedication required to pass this exam shows a minimum commitment to the career of being a PT. If you can't be arsed with this stuff, how will you be when it comes to continuing education? And you do realise you'll need continuing education to be a competent PT, yes? Tests on obscure stuff are good, because the obscure stuff does sometimes turn out to be useful, and they filter out the lazy people from the profession.

Stephanie, at least SEVEN HOURS of study required to do a profession involving the health and welfare of hundreds of people you'll train over your career over decades? I'm being cruel, I know, but...
    Agreed. All courses are like this. In college people complain about more advanced classes and make up all these excuses. In the end you need to put in significant time to do well in any course.

Originally Posted by Shane7518 View Post
    I am also taking this course online from their Groupon offered for about $150. But I have found I also didn't get the "full" course as I only have access to video's and the manual online. I didn't get any material to study at home without a computer. But I do have a couple re-writes included so that helps at least. Ace, are you sure you're tuition didn't cover a re-write or two?

I don't know what to think of it as I have never taken anything like this before, but I'm not too impressed by it as I have found some errors such as spelling mistakes. It makes me wonder how "professional" this course is. But as long as I pass the exam...anyways, thanks for your tips of the exam. Has anyone else written the exam yet? I am not sure how much detail to study in. For example, I have studied Anatomy to the point of the skeleton and major muscles. But how much detail do I need to know in regards to "Origin" and "Insertion" points of muscles? Do I really need to study all the deeper and smaller muscles (ie: hands, feet) or focus more on the major muscles of the body? Was there a Time limit or were you free to write as long as you needed? From what I am reading though it sounds like I should be focusing a lot on the Anatomy and Physiology of the course. I watched the Nutrition videos online and at least that guy gives us hints what we'll need to know for the exam, but the rest I am unsure of. Thanks!
    Yes you need to know about insertion points of muscles. Of course you do. Without knowing the insertion point of a muscle you won't know how to train it.

It frightens me when people only pay $150 for a PT course, what a ridic low amount that is..you're learning a health oriented trade FFS even a sports massage therapist course costs £3k in the UK. And now youre saying "do i really need to know all this stuff?" yes of course you do! Study things properly or you'll have no chance of competing with a PT who did a proper course and actually know his stuff.

I would kill you in a gym just by being able to show my clients that I know what I'm talking about and subtely showing them that you havent got a clue.

Really, study everything and ace the f'ing exam!

Originally Posted by StephanieF22 View Post

Anyway. My question to you is that if I know all of these terms like eccentric,isometric, concentric contractions, and extrafusal and introfusal muscle fibers, and flexors, extendors, stabilisers, rotators, tonic muscles phasic muscles, synergists, sheringtons law, to name a few, there are like a million more about the different muscle fibers and what is where I am still learning about. Does any of that look familiar like what was on the exam? I don't mind taking an extra month to study as long as it is going to be the material on the exam! because other reviews said there was 300 questions that didnt match the material but i dont see how that is possible or legal especially since it is NCAA approved bc they make sure the material matches the exam.

I understand where you are coming from I agree there should be a lot less anatomy on here but I already paid so I don't really have a choice and I just want to pass so I can start working. It would help me out a lot if you could let me know if any of those things I named look familiar to you and if that is the stuff on the exam. And I am sure if you knew the videos back and forth it wouldn't do much good because they left out so much and I really feel for you that you thought that would prepare you and it didn't I think its b.s because that is misleading. I was lucky that I took notes on it and compared it with the written stuff otherwise I would have been screwed too! Please help anyone who has taken this exam!
    The bit in bold. What do you think a PT does?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by PeteratCastle View Post

It frightens me when people only pay $150 for a PT course, what a ridic low amount that is..you're learning a health oriented trade FFS even a sports massage therapist course costs £3k in the UK. And now youre saying "do i really need to know all this stuff?" yes of course you do! Study things properly or you'll have no chance of competing with a PT who did a proper course and actually know his stuff.
    This. If PT courses took as long, cost as much and were as difficult as massage therapy there would be a lot less unprofessional and terrible people doing PT out there. It takes eight months in Cuba to be a cigar roller, but around the world anyone can spend 20 hours taking a weekend course and have a piece of paper that makes people think whatever they say is gospel about force, muscles and health.

Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Between my B.S. and NASM CPT, I have put 25K into an education. When you spend that kind of money, you make sure you learn your sht. I know a lot of people who have to tried this profession for "Easy" money, only to find out it isn't as "easy" as they thought. Turns out you have to be ready to work 12 hr days everyday, maintain your knowledge and expand on it every year, and have to know your sht for every person who wants to know about any given little thing at any given time. I would ask yourself if you are ready for that kind of commitment OP, if you are, then you will have no problem dropping 150$ and studying till you walk through that test with ease.
    "There is no one right way, everyone is different"

-B.S. Pre-Med/Biology from CMU and ex-CMU Wide Receiver
    -NASM CPT, PES, CES
    -Current trainer of elite athletes
    -Future Elite BowHunter and certified Lungcutter

Official 1st Phorm Ambassador

https://coachmatt.1stphorm.com/

Thank you PeteratCastle, I have no doubt you would blow me away with your knowledge in this subject area. As I said I have never taken anything like this before and actually the point of this course is more for myself than anything. I want to learn more about Fitness and Nutrition more for personal reasons than to become a PT one day. If it happens great..extra money in my pocket, if not at least I learned something along the way and maybe I'll become a healthier, more fit person. I saw the Groupon as a 'cheaper' way to learn about F&N. But your second paragraph is exactly my point. I only paid $150 for a course that I know costs others thousands, so I begin to wonder the credibility of this course. You should see the vidoes, they look like some guy in his basement that decided to start a PT course and recorded himself talking on a cheap home video recorder...lol.

Anyways, I just figured I paid for this course and want to pass. I just wondered if anybody else out there took the exam and could give some hints/pointers to walk in with. I don't think it's as good a course as you probably took but at least I'll know more in the end. So insertion points I definitely need to know...got it, thanks. I guess I have a lot more studying ahead of me. Thanks for your input!

StephanieF22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post

*that 7 hours was just on chapter 2 lol and I agree with what you say I want to be good at what I do which is why I am putting in the time I just want to make sure that what I am studying is what is going to be on the exam

SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SplitSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As far I'm concerned all the PT/Fitness Instructor exams have a lot of anatomy and physiology. They are all very revenant to a PT, but it sounds like they may have screwed you with not sending you the right learning materials.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It may not be the greatest when compared to other certs, but Equinox fitness clubs recognizes it when hiring personal trainers, and i know a guy who started out at 60k being a trainer there. i'm taking my test on feb. 14. i took the first test today, just to see how i would do with the knowledge i have now, and i scored a 70%. you need a 73% to get the cert. so i think im off to a good start.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

MaximusKD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I am NCCPT certified and I passed it with an 85% the first try. Yes there were a lot of anatomy and physiology questions, but there's more to training than exercises. You must have an understanding of how muscles work. There was a study guide they provided, and I didn't watch any of the videos. Maybe you should try taking the test again and actually do the study guide this time and read the material. There's more to training than exercises. Now you've made all the people on this forum believe that they didn't provide you with what you needed, and that's just not true at all.

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    What if you are working with a client that has shoulder pain during a particular exercise? Do you just say, "Ah screw it, we're here to workout, forget that anatomy crap."?

A basic understanding of anatomy and physiology is necessary to train people optimally. Anyone can throw together a workout that will probably not hurt someone immediately. However, you can be doing clients a disservice by not understanding posture, biomechanics, and other "non-training related stuff". I can understand your frustration, but I've taken the NSCA-CSCS and will take the ACSM-HFS in the next few weeks, and these tests are likely considerably harder than the NCCPT, especially the latter.

The low level of education and/or experience necessary to enter this field is a joke. I wouldn't be complaining about the fact that you can actually be prepared for a profession by taking a test that you only studied for under 100 hours. If I had it my way, there would be a 400 hour required internship for every personal training certification, and the coursework would be heavily-oriented towards biomechanics.

zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I took and passed the NCCPT cert on sunday first try. 140 questions, took me 1.45 hours to complete.

my hung over roommate took it at same time, finished in 30 min, failed.

take your time. read the questions. study.

slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ACEthetics View Post
    So I bought the NCCPT online course. 38 videos which were all 20-30 minutes long. 15 chapters in PDF form, blah blah blah. Watched all the videos, read the chapters. Informative stuff, but since I've been working out for 3 1/2 years I knew most of it already.

I go take the exam. 140 multiple choice questions. Literally the first 90 were about anatomy/biology/diseases, etc. NOTHING to do with personal training. It was asking me questions about stuff I've never even heard of before using words I'd never seen and none of it was relevant to training someone in a gym.

Words cannot describe how stupid the exam was. Needless to say, I failed. I wish I could have copied the exam so I could show it here but I was screen sharing with a proctor so I couldn't.

To give you an example of how stupid it is, it was like being told you were going to take an exam over how to drive a car and then getting to the exam and having all the questions ask you about the chemical structure of gasoline. It was completely irrelevant both to the course and what you'd be doing in a gym as a personal trainer, and was very rage enducing.

Do NOT buy this certification. It is complete and total sh.it and a waste of time, effort, and money. You will not pass the exam without a PhD in Anatomy. Better yet, just go through med school. Maybe you'll be able to pass this PERSONAL TRAINER certification test then.

Also, I took multiple practice tests through other certifications and they actually were extremely relevant to personal training and I passed all of them. This has nothing to do with personal training despite the fact that it's a personal training exam. I just invested pretty much all the money I have left into this so I could get a job and now I'm certificationless, jobless, and moneyless, and I can guarantee I'd be a great personal trainer. I should have went with a different certification.
    I'm baffled by this thread. I find it ridiculous that you think anatomy and biology have "NOTHING" to do with personal training. In fact, I think it has everything to do with personal training. I've been working out for over 10 years now and, before I started studying for the NCCPT Exam, I would have had no idea on how to train someone with Hypertension, a VERY common disease. I have seen all kinds of forum threads on the internet discrediting the NCCPT program, but the people saying this are either someone who has failed and is bitter or, someone who just didn't take the necessary time to study and pass the exam, like our boy ACE.

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    snip i know a guy who started out at 60k being a trainer there. snip .
    I find that very hard to believe.

Michaelw021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I just completed the NCCPT exam after buying the groupon. There were 140 questions that broke down into 6 categories (Business of Personal Training-15 Exercise Application-32 Exercise Physiology-18 Health Assessment-30 Kinesiology-30 Nutrition-15). If you studied the study guide and sample test you should be fine. I would say about 90% of the questions came from both of those put together. Wolf's law and the law of facilitation weren't on there which I was pretty happy about. The exam was pretty easy, it took about 36 minutes and most of the questions weren't too advanced.

s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50) s10ryan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lets just put it this way....im an LPN and this material is harder then my some of my nursing classes i took. so at 150 its a great value and gives you valuable information that will help you in PTing
    Crossfit Crew - Forging Elite Fitness
    -Carpe Diem Crew-
    -USAF-

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*ck the prom queen."

I rep back - PM me!!

Hey Michaelw021, THANKS! Did you watch the videos? Did you find the things they said would be on the Exam were? (For example, the Nutrition guy said you'll need to know carbs/protein 4 cal/gram, fat 9cal/gram, Essential Amino Acids PVT MT HILL, etc. for the Exam.) I am taking this course as well. I have read all the material, now is just making sure I know it. What do you plan to do with your new certification (Congrats by the way!)?

Michaelw021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shane7518 View Post
    Hey Michaelw021, THANKS! Did you watch the videos? Did you find the things they said would be on the Exam were? (For example, the Nutrition guy said you'll need to know carbs/protein 4 cal/gram, fat 9cal/gram, Essential Amino Acids PVT MT HILL, etc. for the Exam.) I am taking this course as well. I have read all the material, now is just making sure I know it. What do you plan to do with your new certification (Congrats by the way!)?
    No, I didn't really watch any of the videos. They were to boring lol. The cal/gram stuff was on there, not really to sure about the essential amino acids though. If you can answer all of the questions in the study guide and sample test you will pass. Also, know the muscles and bones from the diagrams that are in the sample test.

Thanks! I'm planning on moving down to L.A. over the summer to try and get a job as a trainer at a gym.

beactive25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you have worked out faithfully for 27 years, you get to determine how much you really know. Not at 3 1/2 years. I am also a massage therapist, so the anatomy vocabulary comes easily. As far as anatomy not being necessary to personal training, anatomy is the reason we can train at all. This is in reply to ACEthetics original post. As for the videos, they are only boring if you "think" you know it all. I think the course was just as valuable as any other. I am also familiar with the ISSA course. It's like the difference between a University and a Community College. At the University, you apply yourself. At the Community College, you apply yourself. The outcome is, almost always, the same.

zungvarsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MaximusKD View Post
    Yeah, I am NCCPT certified and I passed it with an 85% the first try. Yes there were a lot of anatomy and physiology questions, but there's more to training than exercises. You must have an understanding of how muscles work. There was a study guide they provided, and I didn't watch any of the videos. Maybe you should try taking the test again and actually do the study guide this time and read the material. There's more to training than exercises. Now you've made all the people on this forum believe that they didn't provide you with what you needed, and that's just not true at all.
    MaximusKD,

did you find that the study guide and sample exams provided enough direction on where to focus on the harder parts of the exam?

I am in the process of going through this certificaition and have been reading the book, not watching the videos, and am curious if you used the study guide or anything else such as the sample exam to help.

DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100) DanFitnessMan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ACEthetics View Post

I think there needs to be some sort of regulation on personal training certification. I saw one certification called Certified P90X trainer or something. I couldnt stop laughing when I saw that online.

Originally Posted by zungvarsky View Post
    MaximusKD,

did you find that the study guide and sample exams provided enough direction on where to focus on the harder parts of the exam?

I am in the process of going through this certificaition and have been reading the book, not watching the videos, and am curious if you used the study guide or anything else such as the sample exam to help.
    Study the sample test, and the bone names and muscle names diagrams and you'll pass the exam. The second time I took it I studied the sample test 2x through and passed the exam in 30 minutes.

I also watched all the videos back in January though.
    NCCPT & NESTA Certified