simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting update, Before and now (pics)

So at the start of 2012 I was 92 kilos and 22% bf, I basically just began watching what I ate and drinking a lot more water. Lost 5 kilos from doing that and at June 2012 (when the before picture was taken) I weighed around 85-87kgs and around 18-20% bf. This is when I seriously started getting into lifting and diet, for the first 3-4 months of my cut I was only counting my calories at a 500-700 deficit and doing Intermittent Fasting. Then I did more research and got into fitting my macros. I am now at 77-79kgs and roughly 14% bf. My ideal bf would be around 10% before I look into bulking.

Current diet: 2000 calories (40p,30c,30f)

Training: 5 day split. (Cardio comes from Basketball and riding my bike to school)

Any tips on how I can speed up my cut would be great and any advice in general would also be good.

(First pic is before, Second pic is now)
    Attached Images

DEvans3919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEvans3919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEvans3919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you lift any weights?

simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simo101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DEvans3919 View Post
    Do you lift any weights?
    Yeah mate.

DEvans3919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEvans3919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEvans3919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do some high repetition lifting with short amount of rest periods. This keeps your metabolism pumping for hours. Good amounts of protein before and after. This will help build muscle which will inevitably increase fat loss. Keep working. Good progress so far.

Do some high repetition lifting with short amount of rest periods. This keeps your metabolism pumping for hours. Good amounts of protein before and after. This will help build muscle which will inevitably increase fat loss. Keep working. Good progress so far.
    Thanks man. I am currently doing a 5 day split, I go to 20 reps and about 4 sets and roughly follow Kai Greenes routine with Hypertrophy in mind. Nutrition wise I get all my protein in within my calories and 40p:30c:30f macros.

dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dumbelfli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't do Kai Greenes routine, First off, you are cutting, and second it is the routine of an IFBB pro. Stick to a basic strength program like Starting Strength or Mad Cow's 5x5 and gain strength. You will experience very little if any hypertrophy while cutting.

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dumbelfli View Post
    Don't do Kai Greenes routine, First off, you are cutting, and second it is the routine of an IFBB pro. Stick to a basic strength program like Starting Strength or Mad Cow's 5x5 and gain strength. You will experience very little if any hypertrophy while cutting.
    ^ this x10000. trying to do any kind of hypertrophy routine while cutting is retarded. then again you really shouldn't be cutting at all imo, OP. you look like you don't lift at all and should probably be eating at maintenance or just over while working on building strength on your compounds before doing anything else. you can keep cutting but you're just going to look worse.
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is nonsense. If he is cutting he will not build muscle. High reps do not effect the metabolism any different then heavy weight low reps. Please take your bro science elsewhere.

Originally Posted by simo101 View Post
    Thanks man. I am currently doing a 5 day split, I go to 20 reps and about 4 sets and roughly follow Kai Greenes routine with Hypertrophy in mind. Nutrition wise I get all my protein in within my calories and 40p:30c:30f macros.
    Why in God's name would you do Kai Greenes workout?!?! He has been in the game for over a decade. He is HUGE. He is on more drugs then you will ever understand. You doing Kai's workout would be like making a kindergarden basketball team do Lebron James routine. Do a beginner routine not one designed for a man with 100's of lbs of LBM and more AAS than a racehorse!

I also agree with Earthshield, you really shouldn't be cutting. Do some lean bulking and gain a little mass.
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

Okay ill cut the Kai Greene haha. In terms of diet, will bulking up really benefit me? I am 6'2 and currently one of or if not the biggest guy in my year at school.
    Last edited by simo101; 01-17-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by vismal View Post
    This is nonsense. If he is cutting he will not build muscle. High reps do not effect the metabolism any different then heavy weight low reps. Please take your bro science elsewhere.

Why in God's name would you do Kai Greenes workout?!?! He has been in the game for over a decade. He is HUGE. He is on more drugs then you will ever understand. You doing Kai's workout would be like making a kindergarden basketball team do Lebron James routine. Do a beginner routine not one designed for a man with 100's of lbs of LBM and more AAS than a racehorse!

I also agree with Earthshield, you really shouldn't be cutting. Do some lean bulking and gain a little mass.
    the low reps will help him maintain more muscle if anything
    by doing low reps you pretty much signal to your body you need this muscle and strength to maintain daily activities.

I never understood why people follow off of IFBB pro workouts. find what works for you, basic exercises you like and make sure you cover every muscle

[QUOTE=vismal;1011532563]This is nonsense. If he is cutting he will not build muscle. High reps do not effect the metabolism any different then heavy weight low reps. Please take your bro science elsewhere.

Oh man I'm sorry I didn't know you knew how everybody's body worked. I mean I did high rep lifting and in my transformation and came out pretty good. It builds endurance and also strength. I've lost 20 pounds recently with no cardio just lifting so i know it works. I'm giving advice on what I know works. But I would try to find what works best for you. Switch your workout if you have to.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Oh man I'm sorry I didn't know you knew how everybody's body worked. I mean I did high rep lifting and in my transformation and came out pretty good. It builds endurance and also strength. I've lost 20 pounds recently with no cardio just lifting so i know it works. I'm giving advice on what I know works. But I would try to find what works best for you. Switch your workout if you have to.
    this whole little "body's" worked is mostly a bunch of crock and highly overused.
    you are trying to argue with scientific data that has been backed up many times.
    People's body still function the same for every major process and utilizing energy from person to person is still the same(aside from some medical conditions). we still get it from food and it is still used when we move and have our bodily functions

I personally lose 50 lbs with minimal strength loss i lifted heavy for about 30 minutes a session 4-5 times a week with little cardio.

high reps is not going to be building true strength due to the fact that it it isnt really training strength.

this is your logic
    I jumped 3 times everyday and i lost weight. therefore jumping 3 times makes you lose weight.

but I didnt take into consideration that i was on a calorie deficit and there are other factors involved.
    It has been disproven the effect of high repetitions on both muscle retention and metabolic increase.

Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100) Zize is not very well liked. (-100)
    judging from the pic you are far from 14% mate id say round 19-20% srs.
    my newest pic was esimated around 13ish% and u look nothing like me. u can check my cutting progress thread if u want

JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnMariettePT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [QUOTE=DEvans3919;1012440333]
    Originally Posted by vismal View Post

Please just stop.
    AverageToSavagePL ---> Logging Avatar Nutrition and Juggernaut Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170942461&p=1433119761#post1433119761