S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thinking I could lose fat and still keep or gain some muscle in the next 5-6months?

Cliffs

losing weight,
    lifting than running
    want to lose 39 pounds before the summer
    Think this is the best way, to lose while gain or maintain muscle?
    possible gyno haha

okay, so basically this is what is going on, I lost my job in Sept, unemployed, started to smoke the herb again for the first time in a year, and sat around and did basically nothing, didn't gym really at all and I gained 11lbs. I was 238 and went to 249 in not even 2months. I said in December I got to do something about this. I am tired of having a stomach and I started my diet, quit the herb(still off it) and I do a decently heavy lift and run about 4-5times a week all in December, I only started to run for 6mph for 5mins than walked for 5, and hill for 5min. No more than 30mins that whole month now by the beginning of this month I already lost 6lbs from that. I was satisfied with that actually. Now as of Jan 15th I weigh in about 240-241.

Want to lose about 35-45lbs (I think that is enough for my stocky body to rid my belly). That is my goal. So I think about 195 but I DON'T want to lose mass, I know I only have 16" biceps but my goal is 17" for those and I am 6feet exact. Hence why I am not even going CLOSE to a low calorie diet. I am just keeping mostly high fats out, very low sugar and not eating at night and of course NEVER any fast food. However to keep my sanity, or going out on a date, I cheat pretty rarely and that usually just involves a burger, a sub or chicken and rice stir-fry but other than that. And Gatorade at most. I drink mostly water too with MIO bottles.

Now only a half month through and I lost only 2 maybe 3 lbs. which isn't too bad I guess, but I figured I would be at least at 5lbs now because I upped my runs/walks/4.5degree hill to 45-50mins. So about 550-600cals per a run. I can't run the whole time like i wish, my heart can't take it but I can run 10mins straight at 6.2mph until my heart is at 180.

I also do the Arnold routine, that hopefully isn't eating any muscle. and I take Noxipro for a preworkout and usually, on recovery days drink 100% ON in the morning with special K cereal and 1% milk. Lunch time, Grounded turkey wrap with light amount of cheese, the 99% grounded turkey of course. His routine consisted basically of lifting heavy for about 45mins to an hour and than doing the run always, as the best way to gain or maintain muscle and lose fat. That way my carbs are being burned from the lifting and my body is going to go to the fat when I start running and sweating my balls off haha, I have heard this works and he has proven it time and again. However, I am not sure if this is AS effective for someone of my bf%. I am about 22-23% bf

Any tips? I also think I have gyno, I know thats popular thing around here haha but I haven't been here in a long time. Summer 2013 is my goal to be leaner and look great in tighter shirts and have like say a 36 inch waist. I want to lose not only the weight to look good, but to date much more fit girls and to also be faster in my sport of Brazilian Jujitsu(I am not currently in it due to financial issues)

Anyone think I can make this weight by the summer if I keep what I am doing? Not eating at night is extremely hard for me as I get severe ulcer like hunger pains and can't sleep but I am managing or at least trying.

Thanks. I hope I can get some help here. I am not sure if it is plagued with Trolls now a days but I will take any help I can get to reach my goals
    Last edited by S1cTech; 01-16-2013 at 03:38 PM.

caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you want responses - you need to cliff this. too long.

TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDietKitchen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that is an essay if ive ever seen one
    My YouTube cooking channel: www.youtube.com/thedietkitchen
    ********: www.********.com/TheDietKitchen

S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheDietKitchen View Post
    that is an essay if ive ever seen one
    o

oh my bad haha, I will try.

Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, you can't gain muscle running at a deficit, which is needed to lose weight.

Though, you will become stronger however. Which may trick you into thinking you're gaining muscle. But you're not.

And at the rate you want to lose weight, 2.5 pounds a week, you will easily lose 5-10 pounds of LBM.

DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DropitPJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation

Well it sounds like due to 'the munchies' you threw on a couple lbs lol

You can DEFINITELY burn fat / keep your muscle mass as long as you are doing both. For example, do some cardio BEFORE or AFTER your workout CONSISTENTLY and you should be fine man.

As far as meals go and etc spread that cereal out from the WHEYYYY man !! - and as far as those 'ulcer type hunger pains' I was a FAT ASS once myself and thought that this was something serious but nah dude that's just your stomach used to eating whenever the **** it wants to eat hah that will take time to re adjust but it's completely do able.

My advice with cravings would be to just consume plenty of fiber through and within your meals bro / high protein foods : meals. Maybe try eating potatoes or yams in your last meal since they are 'slow carbs' and would probably keep you 'full longer'.

Gyno : Bro you don't have no ****ing gyno. In all honesty I thought I had this myself at some point and even ( like an idiot ) went for a consultation which made me realize that it's just a business to get $$ out of 'lazy' / 'insecure' men dude. Actual cases are more rate than you think. When your body is high in fat, testosterone is a bit blocked and estrogen takes over which is why all fat asses have boobs. Hit the cardio hard and work on your chest bro / BUILD a chest and I'm telling you, this gyno thought will be behind you.

Good luck !
    Just Train.

Originally Posted by Danielbednarz2 View Post

Though, you will become stronger however. Which may trick you into thinking you're gaining muscle. But you're not.

And at the rate you want to lose weight, 2.5 pounds a week, you will easily lose 5-10 pounds of LBM.

Well as long as I maintain I am happy. I will worry about gaining a lot more later, I am mostly lifting now to help with the fatloss as well as like I said, to maintain. I don't want to lose mass.

Originally Posted by DropitPJ View Post
    Well it sounds like due to 'the munchies' you threw on a couple lbs lol

You can DEFINITELY burn fat / keep your muscle mass as long as you are doing both. For example, do some cardio BEFORE or AFTER your workout CONSISTENTLY and you should be fine man.

As far as meals go and etc spread that cereal out from the WHEYYYY man !! - and as far as those 'ulcer type hunger pains' I was a FAT ASS once myself and thought that this was something serious but nah dude that's just your stomach used to eating whenever the **** it wants to eat hah that will take time to re adjust but it's completely do able.

My advice with cravings would be to just consume plenty of fiber through and within your meals bro / high protein foods : meals. Maybe try eating potatoes or yams in your last meal since they are 'slow carbs' and would probably keep you 'full longer'.

Gyno : Bro you don't have no ****ing gyno. In all honesty I thought I had this myself at some point and even ( like an idiot ) went for a consultation which made me realize that it's just a business to get $$ out of 'lazy' / 'insecure' men dude. Actual cases are more rate than you think. When your body is high in fat, testosterone is a bit blocked and estrogen takes over which is why all fat asses have boobs. Hit the cardio hard and work on your chest bro / BUILD a chest and I'm telling you, this gyno thought will be behind you.

Good luck !

haha thanks man and yeah, I do believe it was the munchies, thankgod I quit. lmao and I did focus on chest for a good 2 months hard and got up to a 235 bench from just a 195 bench and my manboobs stuck out more lol

Originally Posted by S1cTech View Post
    haha thanks man and yeah, I do believe it was the munchies, thankgod I quit. lmao and I did focus on chest for a good 2 months hard and got up to a 235 bench from just a 195 bench and my manboobs stuck out more lol

bump

Originally Posted by Danielbednarz2 View Post

I am fine with losing 1.5 lbs a week. It seems like thats what I am doing and like I said, 6pounds a month is what I am ok with. It gives me plenty of time before summer.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep lifting heavy, protein, fat, and keep yourself in a deficit. If you're a noob, you'll gain muscle.

Look at this way, you're going to look better in 5 months time than you do right now. Will you be 200lb at 8% body fat? No, but you'll look better. Just keep moving forward.
    Currently cutting.

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP you look to me like you have some muscle mass under their as it is, so when you do get down to say 12-13% bf you will look great with a good amount of muscle!

GOODLUCK!
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH

mjpfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you need to start eating at a deficit which will lead to weight loss. Lift weights while eating at a deficit to maintain the muscle you do have.

Originally Posted by nicklyne View Post
    OP you look to me like you have some muscle mass under their as it is, so when you do get down to say 12-13% bf you will look great with a good amount of muscle!

GOODLUCK!
    thanks! I don't mind the extra motivation lol. I work my ass off at the gym haha

Originally Posted by mjpfootball View Post
    you need to start eating at a deficit which will lead to weight loss. Lift weights while eating at a deficit to maintain the muscle you do have.
    okay I been somewhat doing that. So should I just not lift as heavy or as much? I would be fine at just maintaining cause my LBM is 185 right now as it is.