Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Are the Pendlay bushing and bearing bars made out of the same steel?
    Nope, one is 185 and another 166 psi, they also claim higher nickel content in NB IIRC.

johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since the Pendlay is back ordered, I am considering going with the Sorinex Nickelblack.
    Last edited by johnparker323; 01-23-2013 at 04:47 PM.

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by johnparker323 View Post
    Since the Pendlay is back ordered, I am considering going with the Sorinex Nickelback.
    as I hate that band, i thought I'd point out that it is "NickelbLack"
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnparker323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xephonics View Post
    as I hate that band, i thought I'd point out that it is "NickelbLack"
    Corrected.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dukenukem7777 View Post
    This is also the first negative thing I've ever heard about the Pendlays, although you seem to be mainly referring to an older design, since you said you have one of the new ones out on the floor and it hasn't bent yet. I'm not sure how you can say it's not as good as the old Pendlays if the newest one you have hasn't bent yet, and the coating is better...I know for a fact the sleeves spin very well, so I'm not sure what isn't awesome about it?
    Agreed.

Having used many bars over my lifetime, I have been quite happy with my Pendlay HD. And the NB is even better. I think the HD is a good multi-purpose bar, especially if WL are a big part of your strength training. I know some may not particularly care for the soft knurl, but if you do quite a bit of cleans or snatches, it is nice not to beat up your hands. I think both the HD and NB are very good bars, especially at their price point.

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by johnparker323 View Post
    Since the Pendlay is back ordered, I am considering going with the Sorinex Nickelblack.
    Has anyone heard of Sorinex bars before, may be they are more popular among oly lifters as there is no center knurl?

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    Has anyone heard of Sorinex bars before, may be they are more popular among oly lifters as there is no center knurl?
    You can order the naked bar with a center knurl according to the site. I'm not sure about the others.

I linked an article below by Richard Sorin where he talks about his take on the origin and purpose of the center knurl. I'm guessing this is why they are not standard on the Sorinex bars. If nothing else, the article is worth the read.

http://store.sorinex.com/Articles.asp?ID=242
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    You can order the naked bar with a center knurl according to the site. I'm not sure about the others.

I linked an article below by Richard Sorin where he talks about his take on the origin and purpose of the center knurl. I'm guessing this is why they are not standard on the Sorinex bars. If nothing else, the article is worth the read.

http://store.sorinex.com/Articles.asp?ID=242
    Ha-ha, I believe the days when one-handed lifts were popular were way before they started putting any sort of knurl on barbells, but good read anyway, thanks.

Still curios why these Sorinex bars are not heard of, not here, not on Crossfit board, are they new?

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    Still curios why these Sorinex bars are not heard of, not here, not on Crossfit board, are they new?
    Yea it's weird. Can't be that new. It's probably the suckier website and crappier marketing.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems like they (Sorinex) had different bars a year or so ago. They had one with holes in the shoulder and it was referred to as the "six shooter" or something like that. I can't remember much about the the other ones, but I thought they had some more expensive offerings in the past.
    Last edited by dumb.bell; 01-25-2013 at 08:49 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMCStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dukenukem7777 View Post
    This is also the first negative thing I've ever heard about the Pendlays, although you seem to be mainly referring to an older design, since you said you have one of the new ones out on the floor and it hasn't bent yet. I'm not sure how you can say it's not as good as the old Pendlays if the newest one you have hasn't bent yet, and the coating is better...I know for a fact the sleeves spin very well, so I'm not sure what isn't awesome about it?
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Seems like they had different bars a year of so ago. They had one with holes in the shoulder and it was referred to as the "six shooter" or something like that. I can't remember much about the the other ones, but I thought they had some more expensive offerings in the past.
    I would say they've been doing bars for 3-4 years.

They're more well known or College and Pro equipment although they're making a substantial push in the Crossfit world. I can say this, Rogue copies a lot of their designs.

Sorinex is high quality.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Muscle Driver has officially made the change to their HD and NB Bars.

As some have already stated, the HD bar is now 28mm in diameter. Both the NB and HD bar shafts are made from the same material with a 190,000 PSI Tensile strength. The NB bar has 10 needle bearings as compared to the 4 bushings in the HD bar. Price has remained the same for both bars.

Here is the link to the changes: http://www.muscledriverusa.com/Pendl...lls_c_288.html

As I said before, I have used many bars and I believe the Pendlay bars are a hell of a good bar with a very good price point.